Quality accommodations at a reasonable price in Fisherman's Wharf can be difficult to find, but we were very happy with BW Tuscan.
Yes, the rooms are small. That is simply the case in an area where real estate is sold by the square inch. Not so small as to be uncomfortable exactly, and the rooms were extremely clean. Housekeeping did a really great job.
Concierge service was very efficient. We allowed them to make arrangements for a Napa limo tour and a Muir Woods/Sausalito shuttle. They got us a really great deal on the limo.
Many employees at this location made a positive impression, not the least of which was Tom. I became ill on one of the evenings there and my wife called the front desk inquiring about room service. (They only have "in-house" room service for breakfast) Although the hotel has an arrangement with a restaurant for food delivery, Tom called quite a number of other near-by restaurants to find one that could deliver the specific items that my wife was requesting.
Tom inquired as to whether or not we had been able to participate in the evening's wine tasting downstairs and was informed that we had missed it. Tom immediately sent some chardonnay to our room!
In sum, a professionally run hotel operation with well trained staff and good clean rooms. The location is convenient to just about everything. You certainly won't need your car. The bar at the adjacent Pescatore is a fun place for drinks. Breakfast, lunch and dinner there are all very good as well.
The only complaint might be (surprisingly) that the water pressure is weak. The water seemed soft, which along with low pressure makes for a bad combination. We did not hear any noise from adjacent rooms. However, the rooms facing the courtyard are said to be the quietest as opposed to those facing the street which are said to be a little loud at night. Be specific as the views can vary considerably from great to zero!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Since 1997, Frommer's Guide designates the Tuscan Inn, a Kimpton Hotel, located just steps from the breathtaking San Francisco waterfront, as "the best hotel at Fisherman’s Wharf." This gracious boutique hotel is characterized by its warmth and charm, impeccable service and Italian country villa ambiance. Adjacent to the hotel is the inviting Italian trattoria, Café Pescatore, completing the picture for an ideal stay in the City by the Bay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Agoda, Tingo, Travelocity, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Venere and Otel so you can book your BEST WESTERN PLUS The Tuscan reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western San Francisco
- Tuscan Inn Fishermans Wharf
- San Francisco Tuscan Inn
- San Francisco Best Western Tuscan Inn
- Tuscan Inn San Francisco
- Best Western Fishermans Wharf
- Best Western Tuscan Inn Fishermans Wharf San Francisco