“Perfect Location and Lovely Inn” 4 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN PLUS The Tuscan

You added BEST WESTERN PLUS The Tuscan to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN PLUS The Tuscan
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   425 North Point Street, San Francisco, CA 94133 (Formerly BEST WESTERN PLUS Tuscan Inn at Fisherman's Wharf) (Fisherman's Wharf)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Save up to 20%
Ranked #15 of 235 Hotels in San Francisco
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Perfect Location and Lovely Inn”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2008

Our room was absolutely lovely, although dresser drawers and closet were small. The bed was very comfortable. Windows don't open - so no fresh air. Internet is free. I needed something printed two different times, and after following their directions I went to the front desk and was able to get it right away. There is a small refrigerator, but it was stocked so very little space for our own "goodies". The location is perfect - two blocks from Fisherman's Wharf and only a block to the street car and trolley. The bathroom was large and included a mounted makeup mirror. Towels were large and soft. The shampoo, conditioner, soap and lotion they provide is heavenly! Coffeemaker in the room and when "regular" coffee wasn't left one day, it was delivered immediately when I requested it. Lots and lots of restaurants nearby. We had a wonderful time and would definitely stay here again.

• Liked — Location, lovely room.
  • Disliked — Can't think of a thing!
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
asantiag0, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS The Tuscan, responded to this review, June 3, 2008
Dear Lynn_StPaul!

I love the verbage you've used "The shampoo, conditioner, soap and lotion they provide is HEAVENLY!" What a perfect description! Thank you so much for staying with us. I hope you had a smooth trip home! I'm good you were able to get a good nights rest and enjoyed the room amenities.

Please contact me if you want to come back and see our fabulous city again! I'd be happy to take care of you! Contact my self at abdon.santiago@tuscaninn.com.

Front Office Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (436)
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2008

I cannot say enough good things about this hotel. I was on a strict budget for my trip to SF and was thrilled to get this hotel for $59 on Priceline (off season, and between conventions, I did my homework). The hotel is perfectly located in my opinion: close to Fisherman's Wharf, but away from the crowds; within a very short walk to North Beach (an absolute must see); literally around the corner from the cable cars (buy a multi day pass-much cheaper); stores and restaurants closeby; excellent transportation connections besides the cable car. The hotel itself is elegant, but not stuffy. One of the friendliest desk/concierge staffs I've encountered (they made a luggage tag, mapped out driving directions, gave bus/trolley directions, gracious with special requests, wine & cheese hour etc). The rooms are abit smallish (absolutely typical of SF), but immaculately maintained, and tastefully decorated, with excellent bathroom facilities. One stand out example: the painter who was touching up nicks on the hall mouldings, cheerfully greeted me in the morning on my way out. I am a budget traveller who has travelled all over the world, and this hotel is one of my top five picks for best value (just don't pay rack rate). This hotel is managed by the Kimpton folks and they do a great job for the price.

• Liked — location, transportation options, friendly staff, decor
  • Disliked — no view, smallish rooms
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
asantiag0, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS The Tuscan, responded to this review, June 2, 2008
Dear johnnyv1954!

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Tuscan Inn and San Francisco with all of our readers! It looks like you had a great time and I am happy we were able to take care of you while in San Francisco. Good to know you took advantage of our location and were able join us for our hosted evening reception! The Tuscan welcomes you back to our "Home Away from Home" anytime! We will see you soon!

Ciao!
london
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2008

Tuscan Inn has it all, exellant location,very close to public transport, very clean, impeccable, friendly service and a supermarket opposite. Our king bed room was quite overlooking the courtyard and the decor lovely. The complimentary toiletries, coffee and biscotti and the happy hour drinks each eveing just go to prove they go the extra mile.

We found a great breakfast place just around the corner in Taylor St, called Darren's Cafe, good prices with excellant food and service. I would not hesitate to stay here again and highly recommend it.

Shona of Sydney/London

• Liked — location and service
  • Disliked — nothing comes to mind
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
asantiag0, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS The Tuscan, responded to this review, May 22, 2008
Dear Shona62!

I'm glad to you hear you enjoyed your experience with us at the Tuscan Inn. It's great you enjoyed the lovely courtyard and coffee service in the morning!

Darren's Cafe is great and I actually dine myself there at least once a week! Thank you so much for staying with us and we look forward to your next stay! If I can do anything for you in the future, contact myself at abdon.santiago@tuscaninn.com.

texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2008

We stayed at the Tuscan Inn, because its walking distance to the Cruise Pier. We were going on a cruise and wanted to be close to cruise terminal. Not only close, but in the Fishermans Wharf area, did not need to rent car, public transportation out front. Our room was very nice and comfy, only complain about room was it was too small. Would stay here again, event hough they did not know what they did with our luggage when we checked out, but I am trying to work with them now about it, we eventually found it, but the experience was not great. (lack of communication and very unhelpful about it on there end)

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Lack of communcation between front desk and bell hops
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
asantiag0, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS The Tuscan, responded to this review, May 27, 2008
Dear KJSHURBET! Thank you so much for staying with us at the Fun and Fabulous Tuscan! My apologies for your unfortunate situation but am pleased to know that we did resolve it. I'm glad you chose us for you getaway, and am happy to know you took full advantage of our great location. The wharf is a great place to be and I hope you had an enjoyable cruise! We hope to see you very soon at the Tuscan Inn! Please contact myself, if I can assist you with anything else! abdon.santiago@tuscaninn.com
Perpignan,France
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2008

Hotels in SF are not cheap,and room sizes are not overly big,so a pretty tiny room for $180 was no big surprise. Valet parking for $40 per night seems a bit steep,but at least the service was efficient and quick.

Overall the Tuscan Inn is a nice hotel. very clean,well maintained,with efficient,if not overly friendly service. the couple of faults with room features were fixed very quickly,which was a nice change from the interminable wait often suffered in European properties.

The hotel makes a big thing of the coffee/bisc service in the morning,and this is quite nice. I'd say that,as far as the evening (5 to 6 ) wine service is concerned,if you happen to be in the hotel,it's fine. But not worth rushing back from a day out for.

Breakfast was OK,but expensive. Much better option is Pats Cafe,just round the corner nr the cable car terminus.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — no pool
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
asantiag0, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS The Tuscan, responded to this review, May 28, 2008
Dear johnPerpignan!

I hope your visit to our wonderful city of San Francisco was enjoyable! Thank you for taking the time to share you thoughts about our hotel. It looks like you were able to take advantage of some of our amenities, coffee & biscotti and our complimentary hosted wine reception and even had time to give Cafe Pescatore a try. I hope you had a safe trip home, and we are waiting till your next visit to the city!

I'd be happy to set up your next stay at the Tuscan! Contact myself directly at abdon.santiago@tuscaninn.com!

Ciao! Grazie!

Laguna Hills, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2008

This hotel is close to where you want to be. Great room! Everything was clean, good staff...The hotel is in very good condition. The prize for vallet parking is steep but I think you can expect that anywhere you go in San Francisco. Would stay here again!

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Steep price for parking
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled on business
Dear Gemela01!

Thank you so much for choosing us for your vacation to San Francisco. Hopefully you were able to experience the attractions in the local Fisherman's Wharf area! Parking is not the most wallet friendly in any part of our city, but as you said it's something to expect in San Francisco. I hope you visit our home away from home once again!

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review and if I can help, in any way, please let me know!

abdon.santiago@tuscaninn.com
sydney
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2008

Wow it was absolutely beautiful. Easy walking distance to all the attractions at Fishermans Wharf.
Really enjoyed the friendliness of the staff and the big rooms.
Very Clean and a wonderful atmosphere.
Complimentary drinks are provided each evening for an Hour.
Trolley Car was just down the street and plenty of supermarkets in the area to pick up supplies.
We had the most wonderful time and as Arnie says........
I will be back !

Stayed June 2003
Dear skm52!

Looks like you had a wonderful time here at the hotel and San Francisco! It's like a breath of fresh air when I walk into the hotel with everyone smiling! It's great to here you enjoyed the location and atmosphere. We WILL, for sure, see you soon!

Ciao!

Let me know when you decide to come back to San Francisco! Contact me at abdon.santiago@tuscaninn.com!

Front Office Manager

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS The Tuscan? Share your experiences!