This hotel is a short walk to everything! A few minutes to Fisherman's Wharf and Pier 39. A few minutes to the Alcatraz cruises. A few minutes to the cable car. This is in an excellent Fisherman's Wharf location!
A lot of people we spoke to before we went to San Francisco said that Union Square was the place to be and we should just head to Fisherman's Wharf for a day trip. I'm glad we didn't listen! The morning we decided to check out Union Square we jumped straight on a cable car and were on our way. Coming in the opposite direction were cable cars jam-packed full of people and once we got to Union Square we saw a massive line of people waiting to head to Fisherman's Wharf. No thanks!
As for the room themselves they are quite small but the two of us managed comfortably. Our room was on the first floor and looked directly on to a nice little courtyard. I'm not 100% on all the room types available but our room only just managed to squeeze in one queen bed so I'm not sure how a family with small children would go staying here but for couples it's great.
The lobby area was beautiful and was a nice place to sit and relax while we waited for our departing shuttle. There was a hosted wine reception each evening also which we didn't have time to attend as there was too much to see and do in our short stay.
Great value and a great location. Would likely stay here again if I even came back to San Francisco.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western San Francisco
- Tuscan Inn Fishermans Wharf
- San Francisco Tuscan Inn
- San Francisco Best Western Tuscan Inn
- Tuscan Inn
- Tuscan Inn San Francisco
- San Francisco Best Western
- Best Western Tuscan Inn
- Best Western Fishermans Wharf
- Best Western Tuscan Inn Fishermans Wharf
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Since 1997, Frommer's Guide designates the Tuscan Inn, a Kimpton Hotel, located just steps from the breathtaking San Francisco waterfront, as "the best hotel at Fisherman’s Wharf." This gracious boutique hotel is characterized by its warmth and charm, impeccable service and Italian country villa ambiance. Adjacent to the hotel is the inviting Italian trattoria, Café Pescatore, completing the picture for an ideal stay in the City by the Bay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Tingo, Priceline, TripOnline SA, EasyToBook, Best Western, Cheap Tickets and Venere so you can book your BEST WESTERN PLUS The Tuscan reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.