“Hotel under construction” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Adante Hotel

You added Adante Hotel to your Saves list
Adante Hotel
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   610 Geary Street, San Francisco, CA 94102 (Formerly Quality Inn At Union Square)   |
Special Price
$7 off lowest room rates
Ranked #168 of 235 Hotels in San Francisco
Brugge/Belgique
“Hotel under construction”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014

We booked a roundtrip through west USA, starting in San Francisco. As the hotel, normally used by the TO was fully booked, we had to stay in this awfull hotel. The ground floor was under construction, so the reception was hidden between plastic walls. The temporary breakfast room was nothing more than a 2persons room where about 40 persons had to take place. Our double room was so small that we didn't find enough place to put our luggage. The breakfast was very, very poor. Never such an experience again!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Selma, Alabama, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2014

Because of a medical emergency at the birth of our first grandson, we arranged to spend our time in San Francisco to be near him (UCSF Children's Hopital). The hotel was clean, comfortable and everything we could have wanted. Near the hotel were great places for dining and after dinner drinks. The staff was wonderful--helpful and friendly.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Manila, Philippines
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

We arrived at around 10 in the evening. There was only one staff on the reception counter and she is anything but friendly. She looks sleepy and doesn't seem to be in the mood to entertain us. When she was talking to us, it felt like she was in a hurry to get the job done.
The place was old and rundown. The room was small with 2 single beds. No A/C.
The weirdest of all is that the lights and the ceiling fan seems to have timer. It automatically shuts down after 2 hours or so. We encountered it one time during the night. Then before we slept, we were sure the ceiling fan was on. In the morning, it isn't anymore.
But, the cool weather in SFO makes it okay even without the fan or A/C.
Breakfast includes waffle, bread, jams, juice, coffee and bananas.
There's wifi and it works well.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
New york
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

This use to be called Geary Hotel Owned and Managed by Chinese . I stayed there before for about 6 months and even the quality of the room were in bad condition then but the service was great then.
I checked in to this hotel after I called and told the rooms are all remodeled and that hotel is in a great condition but us found it false. I talked to the guy over the phone before check in and he was very nice over the phone but when I checked in he was extremely Rude. ( a Philippino Gentleman at his 60 ). He wouldn't even make eye contact and yet all he was asking was credit card and taking Tagalog in his own world while he was working. Finally we have offered the room he claimed was fully remodeled and funny that I stayed in the same room over 14 years ago and to be honest with you the room was just crap. I have to admit the room was painted ( poor quality ) and Hand Sink was cracked ( I have pictures of it ) also stinky as the old over 20 years old carpet was still there on the floor. And when I complain to the guy at reception simply he ignored and said I must complain to Latino Manager as he replied !!??
The toilet flush was had problem and water was running the entire night and making noise . Water was licking from the sink and I found it extremely dangerous . The breakfast and area of breakfast was a total joke. There were only few I would say about 6 at the most 8 people that could eat at the same time and there was a line to get in to the breakfast counter that all you could find was the Old ( at least a week old ) Fruits and some breads and jams and hot water and coffees and teas.
The manager was a nice and polite man and when I complain about my past stay and new management he basically didn't do anything even trying to make it up for what his staff did and there was no apology for his bad staff behavior and all he said was that the guy is old and can't change him.
The location of this hotel is pretty good but sure Dirty with garbage all over the walkway or street ( I guess that's the beauty of San Francisco downtown - I'm also from here and lived here many years ) . If you would just spend another 20 or 30 more bucks I guarantee you will be more happy staying I. Other places . I forgot to say that at this hotel they are still under constructions and pretty noisy after 8am and the emergency staircases or windows are in a poor condition as I have checked them myself since I use to live here in this hotel in past.
I hope the new Indian owners read my comments and do something about improving their business as they are going backwards rather forward .

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
CA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

Great location, but I would say it's rather old and I think the floor is slanted! The rooms were small and the furniture was old. The man at the front counter was great! So nice & even gave us tips on the parking. Overall it was a standard hotel stay.

• Stayed May 2014
USA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2014

Hotel Adante is not luxurious by any definition. It's dated, the rooms are small, there is no AC and the neighborhood is dodgy. But there is reliable in-room WiFi and hot water, it's reasonably quiet, you can find complementary coffee both in-room and downstairs, and the price is right. It's a good choice for a downtown SFO hotel if you're on a budget. And while it is on the edge of a not-so-nice area, there are plenty of convenience stores and restaurants within a short walk, and the hotel overall feels secure.

Do keep the bathroom door closed while showering as you may otherwise set off the smoke alarm!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Portland, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

Stayed here on a quick business trip. Location was great. Hotel was really really old, but they are in the middle of painting and sprucing the place up. Free internet worked well. Free breakfast was pretty sad, toast or waffles. No protein and no real coffee (weird instant). Ended up grabbing something at a coffee shop before heading into my meetings. Its a value hotel, so I don't get the reviews that knock it because they don't have a bellhop. If you want that, stay at the Four Seasons or something. This was perfectly fine as a crash pad on a business trip for 2 women. We both felt our rooms were clean and safe. My only real picky thing was my room had a hot tub in the shower, and just a personal thing but I think that is a bit gross. I admit to wearing flip flops in the shower.

Getting up and down the elevator in the morning can be a bit of a trick as housekeeping is using to get up an down stairs as well and the laundry carts fill up the whole thing. The stairs weren't an option for me because I have a really bad knee, but the workers there mentioned they were thinking they'd need to put in a service elevator. Don't know if that would happen, but it would really improve the guest experience if they did.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business