“Better than expected!!!” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Adante Hotel

Save Saved
You added Adante Hotel to your Saves list
Adante Hotel
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   610 Geary Street, San Francisco, CA 94102 (Formerly Quality Inn At Union Square)   |
Ranked #179 of 236 hotels in San Francisco
“Better than expected!!!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2011 via mobile

This hotel was alot better than the reviews claimed it to be. The rooms were clean with nice art decor with comfortable beds. The rooms were a little small, but great for the price. The only problem we did have was that this website completely messed our reservation up....booking only 1 bed when we needed 2. The manager and clerk were extremely helpful in accommodating us despite the booking agency's mistake. The agency also neglected to tell us that there is a $100.00 deposit for incidentals.

• Stayed April 2011

447 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
  • Turkish first
Brisbane, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2011

Booked on the internet, on arrival the hotel was nothing like the internet portrayed. The stafffed were so rude. The lift was out of service and they were putting us on the 4 floor, when I informed them my wife couldn't get up and down the stairs the staff member turned every rude towards me. My wife and I have been travelling the world and have stayed in numorous hotels, this was the most expensive of all of them and THE WORST.
Would not reccomend this hotel to anybody.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Changchun
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2011

Unless there is there is nothing else available in San Francisco, do not stay at the Adante.
It is cheap and you get less than what you pay for. Staff are beyond rude and will hung-up phone in your face should you dare to ask for any information. If this was my first trip to San Francisco, I would be left with a very bad impression of the city. Rooms do not have air con, therefore, if you stay in the summer you will probably die of a heat stroke; old smelly carpets everywhere; small rooms; horrible "continental breakfast" - do not eat at the hotel, it seems that people working in the kitchen have no idea what food is supposed to look like. Although the hotel is centrally located, in the evening the area is not very safe. You must exercise caution coming in and out in the dark.
I would have managed to live with all the unpleasant aspects of the hotel, however, the rudeness and lack of respect of the people at the front desk was just unbelievable. Please note Americans are kind, respectful and very welcoming people - the people sitting at the front desk may have a gained a green card, however, they are far remote from representing anything that America stands for. They do not deserve your hard earned dollars.

Visiting Canadian.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
Sydney, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2011

The rooms to this hotel were very crappy, which we could live with due to the low price we paid. However the hotel also did not seem clean with stained sheets and dodgy hand out samples were being used for shampoo etc.

While we were checking out there was already a couple of rooms complaining, and the staff seemed really questionable, with one customer claiming he tried sneaking into their room three times.

It is definitely paying the extra preimum to go to a decent hotel.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with friends
Brisbane, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2011

We stayed here for 2 nights. We picked the hotel based on location and price. Price wise it seemed like a great deal, location wise it was close enough to Union Square. Normally when in San Fran I would stay at the Handerly which is on the same street. We arrived after driving from Barstow, I walked into the reception and there was a girl behind the counter. She didn't even look up or greet me, I said, "hi, I am here to check in". Her response was credit card & I.D, still no eye contact. I asked her about parking and she said $35 a night or find your own. Then she gave my key and a map and that was it. We checked in the room was ok, 2 single beds and a bathroom. Coffee maker and some free samples (Mints, Shaver, hair gel etc).

The location was great, you are about 10 mins walk to Union Square and the trolly. However we turned right of Geary St and tried to walk that way and found out it was quite a dodgy neighbourhood. I would recommend sticking to Geary St, until you get down to Market.

On check out, we were waiting for our car and overheard the gentleman behind the counter mention to some people checking in there was free breakfast. I approached the man and asked him why the girl had not told us. He shrugged his shoulders and said everyone gets a free continental breakfast. I then proceeded to tell about our experience and the girl behind the counter not being helpful. He said he would pass it on..

Depending on how long you are there for, spend a little more stay at a nicer hotel.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with friends
Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2011

I am not sure why we picked this hotel after so many negatives reviews but I think it was more about cost.

We checked in and it went ok, staff ok. We got to our hotel room and oh my god it had a horrible musty smell so we quickly opened the windows. The room looked like it hasn't been painted for 50 years. It seemed clean and bed was comfortable until my husband got bitten all over just like "bed bugs" from lying on the lounge. So we changed rooms which was slightly better. Both rooms had no hot water in bathroom so cold showers wasn't pleasant. Breakfast is very average, muffins, toast with large lumps of frozen butter, tea, coffee, juice and bananas. This area has heaps and heaps of dodgy homeless people that really didn't bother us that much as you soon discover San Francisco has millions of homeless people everywhere. The internet access here is absolutely terrible, frustrating as its so unreliable and just useless.

We have stayed in lots of budget hotels but this one well can I say JUST GO ELSEWHERE its not worth it and parking your car cost $30 per night (RIPOFF). The location of this hotel was probably the only good thing even if there are lots of dodgy people.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
San Francisco, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2010

Don't let the name fool you, this is the most basic of hotels, I would say slightly better than a backpacker hostel. The room was tiny with a fairly crappy mural decorating the room. Go to the Holiday Inn on Van Ness St, far better quality for a similar price.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Adante Hotel? Share your experiences!