We stayed at this hotel for the first two nights of our honeymoon enroute to Hawaii. I must admit, the hike from the Powell Street BART station is quite steep. These two midwesterners weren't expecting the 8 block climb that gets progressively steeper to California. (In fact, California is on top of the hill, so there is no further climbing which is good and bad)
The hotel was awesome. I mentioned we were on our honeymoon and despite using Priceline, they upgraded our room to a king size room on the 5th floor. We saw signs for the on-going construction, and unless you were at the hotel during the day, you probably wouldn't notice it.
The room was probably one of the nicest we've ever stayed at. The bed was one of the plushest beds we'd seen. It was so comfortable, we regretted not staying in this city and in this hotel for longer. The bathroom was also very nice and the bathrobes were an excellent touch to the hotel.
One nice service the hotel offers is a free private car service to local locations between 8am and 3pm (I believe those are the hours). We used the service once, waited for about 10 minutes and they dropped us off at the correct location. The driver was friendly and knowledgeable.
We used the concierge to help us find a post office to mail a few items home before making our trip to the middle of the Pacific. They were accurate in telling us there was a post office, but failed to tell us that the location was for pickup only. We had to walk another 6-7 blocks to another post office. (Luckily, there wasn't a hill to climb, or I'd be pissed) I would rate the service average at best.
We'd stay here again in a heartbeat. Our memories of this hotel will not be forgotten, and I'd even consider booking directly with the hotel in the future.
- Also Known As:
- Renaissance Stanford Court Hotel
- Renaissance Stanford Court Hotel San Francisco
- Renaissance Hotel San Francisco
- Renaissance San Francisco
- San Francisco Renaissance
- Renaissance Stanford Court
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stanford Court San Francisco is fresh, fashionable and at the center of everything savvy visitors want to see and do. Enjoy sweeping views of the city, the bay and the majestic Golden Gate Bridge from our convenient location atop historic Nob Hill. Discover the best of San Francisco's charm and character while enjoying our contemporary boutique hotel as your home base.An ideal location, we are conveniently situated in Nob Hill close to premier shopping, dining, and attractions in Union Square. We are steps to the historic cable cars, a short walk to Chinatown, Fisherman's Wharf, Union Square and the Ferry Building.393 newly-renovated rooms and suites, offering cool, contemporary accommodations. Three cable car lines running directly in front of the hotel, waiting to whisk you to San Francisco’s hottest neighborhoods and landmarks ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Tingo, Otel, BookIt.com, HotelTravel.com, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Expedia, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Stanford Court San Francisco reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.