I am a frequent visitor to San Francisco, and Stanford Court has been my hotel of choice for at least 15 years. The rooms vary a lot, and location is a bit important since many of the rooms are a bit noisy - either because of the fabulous location on the cable car lines, or because they face the Mark Hopkins and sometimes have noise of garbage. If you know these two issues, you can always be happy - even if it just means earplugs. I often request an interior room which does not have a view, but is always quiet. The beds are very comfortable. The staff is extremely friendly and helpful (I changed my room twice!) The bar is fun and energetic although the cocktails are a bit expensive. I like the hotel breakfast, and the lounge, if you are lucky enough to have access, has an adequate breakfast as well as appetizers in the evening. You cannot beat the location so on balance, I think it is a great San Francisco choice!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stanford Court San Francisco is fresh, fashionable and at the center of everything savvy visitors want to see and do. Enjoy sweeping views of the city, the bay and the majestic Golden Gate Bridge from our convenient location atop historic Nob Hill. Discover the best of San Francisco's charm and character while enjoying our contemporary boutique hotel as your home base.An ideal location, we are conveniently situated in Nob Hill close to premier shopping, dining, and attractions in Union Square. We are steps to the historic cable cars, a short walk to Chinatown, Fisherman's Wharf, Union Square and the Ferry Building.393 newly-renovated rooms and suites, offering cool, contemporary accommodations. Three cable car lines running directly in front of the hotel, waiting to whisk you to San Francisco’s hottest neighborhoods and landmarks ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with T4B, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, HotelTravel.com, Priceline, Despegar.com, BookIt.com, Agoda, Booking.com, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Stanford Court San Francisco reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Renaissance Stanford Court Hotel San Francisco
- Renaissance Hotel San Francisco
- Renaissance San Francisco
- San Francisco Renaissance