I had a lovely weekend here. I was able to walk with light luggage from the BART at the bottom of the hill on Powell Street to the hotel at the top of the hill, but I wouldn't recommend that schlep for everyone. I needed the exercise and it was a beautiful day, but the hills are definitely a workout!
I asked for an inside room to avoid the street noise. The room was quite nice. The only quibble is that the room got light very early and there didn't seem to be any blackout shades or curtain.
Also, I forgot about some things I had read here about credit card charges that did occur to me also. One is the automatic charges for touching items on the minibar, even though I consumed nothing. The other was that the front desk put $100 PER DAY incidentals hold on my card IN ADDITION to the room charges and did not advise me of this. I called the desk when i saw a huge pending hold on my credit card and the smaller charge, so they removed the minibar from my bill. The woman at the desk apologized for the man who checked me not advising me of the $100/day hold plus the room charge but there was nothing else she could or would do.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stanford Court San Francisco is fresh, fashionable and at the center of everything savvy visitors want to see and do. Enjoy sweeping views of the city, the bay and the majestic Golden Gate Bridge from our convenient location atop historic Nob Hill. Discover the best of San Francisco's charm and character while enjoying our contemporary boutique hotel as your home base.An ideal location, we are conveniently situated in Nob Hill close to premier shopping, dining, and attractions in Union Square. We are steps to the historic cable cars, a short walk to Chinatown, Fisherman's Wharf, Union Square and the Ferry Building.393 newly-renovated rooms and suites, offering cool, contemporary accommodations. Three cable car lines running directly in front of the hotel, waiting to whisk you to San Francisco’s hottest neighborhoods and landmarks ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with T4B, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Expedia, HotelTravel.com, Priceline, Agoda, Despegar.com, BookIt.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Stanford Court San Francisco reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Renaissance Stanford Court Hotel San Francisco
- Renaissance Hotel San Francisco
- Renaissance San Francisco
- San Francisco Renaissance