“Nice Room-Nob Hill!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Stanford Court San Francisco

You added Stanford Court San Francisco to your Saves list
Stanford Court San Francisco
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   905 California Street, Nob Hill, San Francisco, CA 94108 (Formerly Renaissance San Francisco Stanford Court Hotel) (Nob Hill)   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
up to 30% off + Wi-Fi
Ranked #46 of 235 Hotels in San Francisco
Arizona
“Nice Room-Nob Hill!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

I had a lovely weekend here. I was able to walk with light luggage from the BART at the bottom of the hill on Powell Street to the hotel at the top of the hill, but I wouldn't recommend that schlep for everyone. I needed the exercise and it was a beautiful day, but the hills are definitely a workout!

I asked for an inside room to avoid the street noise. The room was quite nice. The only quibble is that the room got light very early and there didn't seem to be any blackout shades or curtain.

Also, I forgot about some things I had read here about credit card charges that did occur to me also. One is the automatic charges for touching items on the minibar, even though I consumed nothing. The other was that the front desk put $100 PER DAY incidentals hold on my card IN ADDITION to the room charges and did not advise me of this. I called the desk when i saw a huge pending hold on my credit card and the smaller charge, so they removed the minibar from my bill. The woman at the desk apologized for the man who checked me not advising me of the $100/day hold plus the room charge but there was nothing else she could or would do.

Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Manager_REN_SF, Front Office Manager at Stanford Court San Francisco, responded to this review, February 3, 2013
Dear Miviva,

Thank you for your comments. I would love to opportunity to speak with you further about some of the issues you encountered at our hotel. You can e-mail me directly at sfdicovery@renaissancehotels.com. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (312)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
Shenzhen, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

The rooms were very clean and fresh. We did have to wait in line for check out, but it wasn't such a burden. We were a little lost and were so glad when the front desk printed a city map for us. There are many restaurants within walking distance.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Dear Wen H,

Thank you for your comments. We are very fortunate to be centrally located in San Francisco. I am happy to hear that our staff was so accommodating for you and you were given the proper tools to discover San Francisco. Thank you so much for sharing your experience. We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel on your next trip to San Francisco.
Milwaukee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013 via mobile

My husband is a platinum elite member so we recieved an upgrade to our room with a view. We have a king bed at home, but the room with a view we had a queen bed. Not a big deal, we wanted the view. The view was fantastic, but I am a light sleeper, and the street noise and cable cars where loud. When we went down for dinner, we asked if we could have a courtyard room. They were immediately accommodating and gave us keys to a courtyard side room with a king bed. The from was a bit smaller then the one with a view on the 8th floor, but we slept in silence. Great service!!!

• Stayed January 2013
Dear Rsweez,
Thank you so much for being a Platinum rewards member with us, we truly appreciate your loyalty. I am happy to hear that our staff was so accommodating for you. Being in an urban area of San Francisco, although we have great views of the city the ambience comes with it as well. Thank you so much for sharing your experience. We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel on your next trip to San Francisco.
london
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013 via mobile

Nice to have the doorman open the door upon your arrival and the front desk staff to welcome you back after you have been out
My room was well equipped as you would expect from Marriott my only minor problem was the tv positioned to the side of the bed instead of directly infront
I visited the bar for a drink and a snack ,I opted for the lamb kebabs and mini sliders the kebabs were mostly fat and grissle and the sliders were not burger meat but actual slices of tough meat both not good quality the bar itself was very nice and the bar staff were friendly and professional
A very nice hotel

• Stayed January 2013
Manager_REN_SF, Front Office Manager at Stanford Court San Francisco, responded to this review, February 1, 2013
Dear TcasLondon,

Thank you for your comments. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I apologize for the quality of food that you were served. I can assure you that this is not the standard of how we operate. I look forward to sharing your feedback with our Chef. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel on your next visit to San Francisco.
Sacramento, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

Every time we (husband, family, friends) come to stay in SF, we stay with Stanford Court. The location is fantastic, rooms are always clean and the staff is always friendly. Rooms are a little small, but everything else makes up for it. Not to mention...it's right across the street from the Tonga Room.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Manager_REN_SF, Front Office Manager at Stanford Court San Francisco, responded to this review, January 30, 2013
Dear EJFoster33,

Thank you for your comments. I am so glad you enjoyed your experience with us and we appreciate your repeat business. I look forward to sharing your kind words with our staff. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel on your next visit to San Francisco.
McLean, VA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

Great location. Nice bathrooms. Nice bedrooms. New hall carpeting is needed. But the service puts this hotel with the best of the best. From check-in to check-out they were tops. Concierges Dan and Shah were just the greatest. Dan arranged a private car tour of the city (same price as the bus) with the very excellent Rich. What a highlight. Restuarant recommedations and arrangements were great. Everything was great.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Dear Oyster_afficianado,

Thank you for your comments. I am so glad to hear how much you enjoyed your stay with us. I can not wait to share your kind words with Shah and Dan. I am so glad that they were so accommodating for you. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel on your next visit to San Francisco.
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

We stayed at the Renaissance Stanford Court Hotel while visiting our daughter and son in San Francisco over the holidays. The staff at the front desk were very welcoming, as was the concierge. We are gold members, so we were able to use the upstairs lounge for breakfast and evening snacks. The breakfast was especially good with eggs, oatmeal, pastries, fresh fruit and other items. The person in charge of the breakfast couldn't have been nicer or more accomodating.

The rooms were clean and pleasant. This is an older hotel, but has undergone renovation, and has all the modern amenities on would expect. We even had a heated towel rack in our room.

On the weekend, we has breakfast in the hotel dining room since the lounge upstairs is closed on weekends. We received a 20% off coupon for breakfast and the food was very good although the price was rather high. The wait staff were nice and helpful in the hotel restaurant.

The hotel is located near the top on Nob Hill, and was within walking distance of many sights, but the hill was steep, so take your walking shoes with you! There were plenty of taxis available also, as well as cable cars if you would rather not walk up and down that hill!

Overall, we had a wonderful stay, and will return to the Renaissance San Francisco Court Hotel on future family visits!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dear Birdie86509,

Thank you for your comments. I can not wait to share your kind words with our staff. I am so happy you enjoyed your experience in the club lounge as well as the amenities that the hotel provides. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel on your next visit to San Francisco.

Been to Stanford Court San Francisco? Share your experiences!