Checked in on 11/07/2012. Everything was fine. Went to our room and all was as expected. The location is great. You're on top of the world, as far as San Francisco goes.I have'nt been to the area in years so we quickley unpacked and headed out to do a little exploring. Headed down to do some local shopping for the wife. After checking that out walked along until we happened on Johnny Foley's Irish House for dinner. Nothing to write home about but very tasty. Day two was all about business. The hotel took very good care of our group. Breakfast, lunch and snacks. Day two for being on our own was fun after business . Headed down to Fishermans warf and enjoyed the sites.Started walking back torwards our hotel and decided to stop and enjoy dinner at Piazza Pellegrini Italian restaurant located on Columbus Ave. Very good. Day three also was all business. Again the hotel took care of our group. This is where it went down hill. I decided to stay one extra day. My wife and I again returned to Fishermans warf and enjoyed dinner after exploring a little more. Tonight we tried Scoma's, again nothing to write home about. Worked our way back to our hotel and after resting for a bit decided to check out Tonga tiki bar across the street from us. We must not have fit their demographics( age 48 to 50 ) since they left us standing outside. Returned across the street, had a drink and returned to our room. The people checking in on Friday were vocal to say the least. Not a big deal as I bring ear plugs for this. Checking out Saturday was all good. Our flight didn't take off till 5pm so we checked our bags at the front desk and headed out to explore China town and had a great time. Worked our way back up to the hotel and still had two hours before we needed to head to the airport. We found a great place close to our hotel called the Nob Hill Cafe.We enjoyed a pizza and a couple local beers. Highly recomend this place. After we walked back to the hotel to get our luggage and head to the airport. Upon arriving we wanted to use the restroom were we found a lady was cleaning them and told us to use the ones on the other side. Ok I understand we need to get our job done but if you don't have people using your facility do you have a job? Got over this and then was told it would take five minutesfor their town car to take us to the airport, after waitin for over 20 minutes we were told we need to take a taxi.Luckly we made our flight.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stanford Court San Francisco is fresh, fashionable and at the center of everything savvy visitors want to see and do. Enjoy sweeping views of the city, the bay and the majestic Golden Gate Bridge from our convenient location atop historic Nob Hill. Discover the best of San Francisco's charm and character while enjoying our contemporary boutique hotel as your home base.An ideal location, we are conveniently situated in Nob Hill close to premier shopping, dining, and attractions in Union Square. We are steps to the historic cable cars, a short walk to Chinatown, Fisherman's Wharf, Union Square and the Ferry Building.393 newly-renovated rooms and suites, offering cool, contemporary accommodations. Three cable car lines running directly in front of the hotel, waiting to whisk you to San Francisco’s hottest neighborhoods and landmarks ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, T4B, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, Priceline, Agoda and Despegar.com so you can book your Stanford Court San Francisco reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Renaissance Stanford Court Hotel San Francisco
- Renaissance Hotel San Francisco
- Renaissance San Francisco
- San Francisco Renaissance