Over the years, I have always thought fondly of this hotel, which a company I worked for in the 1970s was instrumental in creating out of a office building. What is nice about the place is that it was redeveloped by a master developer with extremely experienced consultants. That means that nothing was left to chance, Even now, the lighting and amenities ( a fountain under a stained glass covered couryard in the arrival area), beautiful rooms ( the junior suite is a great deal for anyone planning to stay a week or so), the lovely arched entrance and everything. There is also a very good world class restaurant with great dishes tuned into northern california culture ( the lamb is prefect every time).
The best thing, not immediately apparent, is that you are on the top of nob hill, at a street car ( trolley) intersection, and you avoid all of the complications of shall we say, increasingly larger hordes of people groups below knob hill on union square. You are right across the street from the Fairmont and near the Mark Hopkins, places where you less discerning friends will be staying at.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stanford Court San Francisco is fresh, fashionable and at the center of everything savvy visitors want to see and do. Enjoy sweeping views of the city, the bay and the majestic Golden Gate Bridge from our convenient location atop historic Nob Hill. Discover the best of San Francisco's charm and character while enjoying our contemporary boutique hotel as your home base.An ideal location, we are conveniently situated in Nob Hill close to premier shopping, dining, and attractions in Union Square. We are steps to the historic cable cars, a short walk to Chinatown, Fisherman's Wharf, Union Square and the Ferry Building.393 newly-renovated rooms and suites, offering cool, contemporary accommodations. Three cable car lines running directly in front of the hotel, waiting to whisk you to San Francisco’s hottest neighborhoods and landmarks ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, T4B, Orbitz, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, Priceline, Agoda and Despegar.com so you can book your Stanford Court San Francisco reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Renaissance Stanford Court Hotel San Francisco
- Renaissance Hotel San Francisco
- Renaissance San Francisco
- San Francisco Renaissance