Nob Hill is home to some of the finest hotels in San Francisco. The location, in my opinion, cannot be beat.
The Renaissance Stanford Court is my "go to" hotel and I always leave the hotel feeling content and well-taken care of. Some may complain about the walk up the hill from Market Street. I, however, love the challenge of getting up Powell, Mason or the 180 steps of the last block of Taylor Street.
I'm also a fan of Grace Episcopal Cathedral, the Flood Mansion, and wonderful Huntington Park, which are all nearby the hotel.
I hesitated to write this review because I'm afraid that it may push up traffic to the hotel, and, raise prices. This is a luxury hotel. However, room prices are reasonable, especially in this city.
Here's the low down:
Staff: Amazing. Attentive, knowledgeable, plentiful. I like being recognized as a Marriott elite member. Also, the maître d'hôtel remembered me from a prior stay when I went to the restaurant for dinner.
Rooms: I like the rooms. I stayed on the 5th floor, in an outside room, along Powell Street. The rooms are quiet. I didn't hear people in rooms above, below or beside me. I enjoy the sounds of the city so I opened the push out windows.
Location: Amazing. Safe. Fashionable.
Club Lounge: Ok - but not great. However, it's better than many other Marriott's. This is a feature that Marriotts in the United States don't handle as well as Marriott's in Europe. Actually, had this been better, I would have given this hotel an "Excellent" rating. That said, I wish that Trip Advisor allowed for a half point more increment. This hotel deserves a 4-1/2.
I'll continue to stay at the Renaissance Stanford Court when I visit San Francisco.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stanford Court San Francisco is fresh, fashionable and at the center of everything savvy visitors want to see and do. Enjoy sweeping views of the city, the bay and the majestic Golden Gate Bridge from our convenient location atop historic Nob Hill. Discover the best of San Francisco's charm and character while enjoying our contemporary boutique hotel as your home base.An ideal location, we are conveniently situated in Nob Hill close to premier shopping, dining, and attractions in Union Square. We are steps to the historic cable cars, a short walk to Chinatown, Fisherman's Wharf, Union Square and the Ferry Building.393 newly-renovated rooms and suites, offering cool, contemporary accommodations. Three cable car lines running directly in front of the hotel, waiting to whisk you to San Francisco’s hottest neighborhoods and landmarks ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, T4B, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Stanford Court San Francisco reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Renaissance Stanford Court Hotel San Francisco
- Renaissance Hotel San Francisco
- Renaissance San Francisco
- San Francisco Renaissance