“Loved Hotel-Great Customer Service!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Stanford Court San Francisco

You added Stanford Court San Francisco to your Saves list
Stanford Court San Francisco
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   905 California Street, Nob Hill, San Francisco, CA 94108 (Formerly Renaissance San Francisco Stanford Court Hotel) (Nob Hill)   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
up to 30% off + Wi-Fi
Ranked #48 of 235 Hotels in San Francisco
Austin, TX
“Loved Hotel-Great Customer Service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2011

My husband and I took our an anniversary trip to San Francisco. It was just the two of us! We arrived 4 hours before check-in and were ready for an early lunch. The bellhops checked in our bags and issued a claim ticket and said our room would be ready right at 3 p.m. The staff didn't just suggest the great restaurant in the hotel but other little jems in the close vicinity of the hotel (Nob Hill Cafe-great Italian food but there is a wait for limited seating). The hotel staff was very friendly and truly helpful, we thought we were back in Texas! It started to rain hard before we headed out for lunch and we didn't have an umbrella. The hotel staff allowed us to use a Renaissance umbrella and told us where we could purchase a larger umbrella just a block away. We returned and we felt very welcomed to this hotel. Our room was very roomy and updated. Great city view and very private rooms. One night we ordered room service and the steaks we ordered were spectacular! Another night we were in the mood for pizza but did not want to leave our room. The staff gave us a couple of pizza numbers and let us know our pizza would be delivered to the lobby in just minutes. Milan pizza-Very convenient and delicious pizza! If you don't want to ask the staff for restaurant suggestions, the lobby has a very user-friendly menu board for food suggestions. The touch screen shows the distance from the hotel, the star rating and the average cost of each restaurant by food genre. It is fabulous. That is how we found a nice restaurant in Chinatown- The Oriental Pearl. For those of you that do not read Chinese, this food board assisted us in selecting this restaurant. When we walked through Chinatown earlier in the week, we were not sure which restaurants were mid$$$ or low$$$ becasue all of the information was in Chinese. In addition, a lot of restaurants in Chinatown do not have English menus, just pictures of the food and for me with pork allergies, I needed to know if I was going to eat chicken or pork. The restaurant staff let me know which meals were cooked away from the pork meals and assured me the chicken would be prepared separately. If we didn't look at the touch screen board, we would have missed out on the delicious lemon chicken and duck at the Oriental Pearl. My husband and I had a great time in San Fran and enjoyed our stay at the Renaissance!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (313)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
Lexington, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2011

My first impression of this hotel was that it was beautiful,clean, modern, new. The staff was very friendly. All things that I look for when booking a hotel. I will definitely stay there again. It is the perfect location for staying in San Fran.

I learned a lesson however- and will have to keep this in mind on my next visit. When booking your room at this turely awesome hotel, don't request a city view. If you must have the city view, make sure it does not look down on California Street. The cable cars are on this side of the hotel, and while this is a fabulous tourist attraction- it is not as desireable when you are trying to sleep. We got very little sleep. The best bet would be to request a courtyard view.
The courtyard is a nice feature at this hotel. When you arrive at the hotel, the vehicle can drive into the courtyard and you don't have to deal with your luggage street-side. This was a plus for me.
We were suprised by the lack of quality of the towels in the room. For such a luxury room, the towels were comparable to that of a Holiday Inn.

Like I said- lots of pros, very few cons. I hope this helps. Enjoy your stay. You wont regret it.

Virginia Beach
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2011

This was a perfect location from which to explore San Francisco. The hotel staff was excellent and courteous and the rooms were very clean and comfortable.

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2011

My Husband and I just returned from four nights at the Stanford Court, and we have nothing but wonderful things to say about it, we loved it! First, Al is over 62 so we got a GREAT senior rate on the Renaissance Marriott website - we booked in early 2011. We wound up in room 160, which some people might not like as it is only one flight up, with absolutely no view at all (you look at a fence and flat roof area.) We also were right down the hall from the ice machine and the fitness center. No Worries - there was basically no noise at all for all four of our nights there, we loved that. The room was very big with two double beds, two lounge chairs, a desk and chair, a room safe and an open closet in the bath area, which we liked. The shower was fantastic, as were the heated towel bars. We had room service one evening as I did not feel too well, the soup and appetizer came in around 10 minutes. Also, we had an issue with the sound going out on the flat screen TV, the hotel engineer was there in minutes and swapped out the TV in minutes as well - something to be said for being on a low floor. It was a fabulous location, and if you need wine or beer just wander down to the little store at Powell and Pine, worth the walk. A fabulous trip and a stay at a hotel we loved!

Room Tip: If you don't mind not having a view, the hotel is very quiet on a low floor.
Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
S. Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2011

Traveling solo in SF, this hotel was an excellent choice. I had stayed in the Union Square area on previous trips to SF and wanted something different this time. Since the first 3 nights of my trip were spent in a Courtyard Hotel closer to where my daughter was, I was ready for a few nights at more of "vacation" property...and the Stanford Court did not disappoint.

I had a 7th floor room overlooking California Avenue with a great view. I was here on vacation, so I really enjoyed and got a kick from the noise of the cable cars...but a business traveler or late sleeper may not want a room located street side. My room was very nice with a comfortable bed. I had Concierge Lounge access and found their offerings adequate. The desserts at the end of the day were an especially nice touch.

The staff and service was good, but I found the doorman to be the most welcoming and helpful. Make sure you pick-up the small map at the Concierge Desk. It was very helpful if you want to use public transportation which is very easy and convenient from the hotel, especially the cable car that goes straight to Fisherman's Warf and Chinatown. The hotel is located on a very steep hill, so keep in mind if you want to walk somewhere...you will be on steep hill! (Same goes for driving there...I'm from Florida and not used to the hills, so at first I was a bit intimidated, but adjusted very quickly).

My only complaints for this property were the cost of parking (over $40 per day) and they really skimped on towels, etc. in the room. Otherwise, I truly enjoyed my stay here and would choose this hotel again over others I've stayed in SF.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
Ventura, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2011

The Standford Court is on Nob Hill across from the Fairmont and next to the Mark Hopkins Hotel. It's a perfect location! We particularly like staying here and request an inside room as there is less city street noise (sirens, cable cars, late night revelers, etc). The restaurant in the hotel is excellent, but it is also within walking distance of some of the best restaurants in San Francisco as well as Union Square. The hill is steep, but the good thing is that you can ride the cable car up Powell and get off right in front of the hotel! The rooms are large - a nice feature in San Francisco hotels - and are what you would expect for a luxury hotel of Marriott brand. Would definately stay here again and again!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Chelmsford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2011

this was our second time at the stanford
the location is excellent -right in the centre of all cable car lines with stops right outside
there is a complimentary limo service for all guests weekdays between 7 and 3 to take you on short journeys
the concierge staff were fab and booked stuff for us and suggested excellent retaurants which made our stay more pleasurable
we asked to upgrade to a room with a view before we flew to the states and got exaclty the one one we wanted
room service, bar staff, reception staff were so friendly and could not do enough for us
it was the best hotel service we have received anywhere in the world

Room Tip: phone the hotel in advance , if you want a city view, specify this , you will have to pay a small su...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

Been to Stanford Court San Francisco? Share your experiences!