My husband and I took our an anniversary trip to San Francisco. It was just the two of us! We arrived 4 hours before check-in and were ready for an early lunch. The bellhops checked in our bags and issued a claim ticket and said our room would be ready right at 3 p.m. The staff didn't just suggest the great restaurant in the hotel but other little jems in the close vicinity of the hotel (Nob Hill Cafe-great Italian food but there is a wait for limited seating). The hotel staff was very friendly and truly helpful, we thought we were back in Texas! It started to rain hard before we headed out for lunch and we didn't have an umbrella. The hotel staff allowed us to use a Renaissance umbrella and told us where we could purchase a larger umbrella just a block away. We returned and we felt very welcomed to this hotel. Our room was very roomy and updated. Great city view and very private rooms. One night we ordered room service and the steaks we ordered were spectacular! Another night we were in the mood for pizza but did not want to leave our room. The staff gave us a couple of pizza numbers and let us know our pizza would be delivered to the lobby in just minutes. Milan pizza-Very convenient and delicious pizza! If you don't want to ask the staff for restaurant suggestions, the lobby has a very user-friendly menu board for food suggestions. The touch screen shows the distance from the hotel, the star rating and the average cost of each restaurant by food genre. It is fabulous. That is how we found a nice restaurant in Chinatown- The Oriental Pearl. For those of you that do not read Chinese, this food board assisted us in selecting this restaurant. When we walked through Chinatown earlier in the week, we were not sure which restaurants were mid$$$ or low$$$ becasue all of the information was in Chinese. In addition, a lot of restaurants in Chinatown do not have English menus, just pictures of the food and for me with pork allergies, I needed to know if I was going to eat chicken or pork. The restaurant staff let me know which meals were cooked away from the pork meals and assured me the chicken would be prepared separately. If we didn't look at the touch screen board, we would have missed out on the delicious lemon chicken and duck at the Oriental Pearl. My husband and I had a great time in San Fran and enjoyed our stay at the Renaissance!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stanford Court San Francisco is fresh, fashionable and at the center of everything savvy visitors want to see and do. Enjoy sweeping views of the city, the bay and the majestic Golden Gate Bridge from our convenient location atop historic Nob Hill. Discover the best of San Francisco's charm and character while enjoying our contemporary boutique hotel as your home base.An ideal location, we are conveniently situated in Nob Hill close to premier shopping, dining, and attractions in Union Square. We are steps to the historic cable cars, a short walk to Chinatown, Fisherman's Wharf, Union Square and the Ferry Building.393 newly-renovated rooms and suites, offering cool, contemporary accommodations. Three cable car lines running directly in front of the hotel, waiting to whisk you to San Francisco’s hottest neighborhoods and landmarks ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with T4B, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, HotelTravel.com, Priceline, Agoda, BookIt.com, Despegar.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Stanford Court San Francisco reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Renaissance Stanford Court Hotel San Francisco
- Renaissance Hotel San Francisco
- Renaissance San Francisco
- San Francisco Renaissance