“MedJOKE!” 2 of 5 stars

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Medjool
2522 Mission St, San Francisco, CA 94110 (Mission District)
(415) 550-9055
Transit: 49 Mission bus, 14 Mission bus, 24th Street BART, 16th Street BART
Western North Carolina
“MedJOKE!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2011

My wife and I were visiting the city for our anniversary and were interested in trying the interesting variety of restaurants. After wandering around The Mission in the afternoon we were famished and looking for a special place to have a drink and bite to eat and we had already tried Foreign Cinema. Our host in the Mission suggested the SkyBar which is operated by Medjool but is located on the roof; accessed through a hostel next door to Medjool's entrance. No doubt about it...an amazing view of San Francisco! BUT get this, there were at least thirty people up there being served by ONE waitress! There was another gentleman up there pouring water, and nothing else as far as I could see. Other than those two it was a grill cook and a bartender. The cocktail was so weak I actually asked the waitress if they put any alcohol in it once it was FINALLY delivered. We should have left...as I observed others doing shortly after they arrived. But we wanted this to turn out good and ordered anyway. While waiting and waiting, I lost my appetite and we told the waitress to box it to go. Once out the door, we got a tip from someone on the street about a Mexican place with live Mariachi just down the street off Mission called Cava 22. Wow...outstanding margaritas that took all the frustration away! Next morning, we gave the food from the SkyBar/Medjool to a homeless man on the street...he was happy.

• Visited October 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Tulsa, Oklahoma
“great happy hour deals”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2011

Great Mediterranean Lounge feel to the place! Every day 4-7pm Happy Hour with amazing $5.00 Tapas and daily drink specials. The staff is friendly & accomodating. The food was hot and very tasty. I highly recommend the Crispy Sweet Potatoes with Honey and Goat Cheese - save it for last as your dessert. The Blueberry Lemondrop was the drink special and was delish! They have a roof top terrace as well to enjoy the sites in the Mission. There is also a Sunday brunch special. The menu for dinner is extensive and very diverse featuring North African, Southern European and Middle Eastern food. They also feature live jazz music several nights a week.

• Visited August 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Dallas
“Good food, service ok --- nice view!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2010

Went here with a group from work --- it was a large group – about 15-18, but we were the only ones in the dining room that night. Rooftop lounge is really cool, but food options up there are much more limited and the bar is cash only. Definitely something you want to know if you’re going with a big group. Once we settled in the dining room, we ordered beverages. That seemed to take forever. Their Sangria is nice ---- not really potent, but really refreshing. Throughout the night, service on beverage refills was generally slow.

Food was excellent. We ordered a little of everythinhg. My favorites were the lamb and fig tangine, the hanger steak, the short ribs (way yummy!), the sweet potatoes, the pommes, the sea scallops (I’d go back for just those!), the cheese plate and the dip sampler. One word of warning. Don’t order everything at once. It’ll come out that way. Tapas are much better enjoyed a little at a time. That way it’s much easier to keep track of what you like.

Note --- It’s a little hard to catch a cab from there. Have them call on, but make sure you get the cab numbers. We ordered 4 cabs and had problems with others taking our cabs.

Fairway, Kansas
“Great food, funky area and helpful wait staff make this a winner.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2010

Read some reviews that were average, but I have to say I really loved the food. We were tired of the pretentious pricey and average food elsewhere so gave it a try. The flavors were wonderful, the setting very interesting and the staff helpful. Would certainly recommend.

muzzle32
“Love it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2009

This place came highly recommended by a native Californian, and I have to say I was not disappointed. The food was amazing - my friend and I had the scallops, the halibut, and some hummus. The portion sizes were not huge but enough to fill us up. The quality of the food was more than worth the price in the end. The atmosphere is cute and trendy. Try for the rooftop on a warm day, but we had a great time downstairs too. All in all, the best meal we had in SF!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere