It is hard to put my finger on the reason I am not giving this hotel five stars. The staff is friendly , the beds are fantastic . Nice location. Great bar on site.
But I felt like the hotel , for the price , lacked personality. I like hotels. This hotel fit requisites , it just wasn't memorable. On this trip , we also stayed at the Omni in San Francisco , which had fewer on site amenities , but more character.
The Intercontinental is in San Francisco , one of the most sophisticated , charming cities in the US. It should be more . I think the lobby is too sterile ( and I am a fan of minimilism when done well) . The bathrooms don't have an inviting ambiance.
As i said , the beds and furnishings are very , very nice and the staff very pleasant. The concierge in particular ( a woman, her name escapes me) was very helpful. The pool and gym are lovely.
But I probably wouldn't choose this hotel again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- InterContinental San Francisco is the Bay Area s newest upscale hotel destination. The 32-story glass tower sparkles high above the city, standing sentry over the South of Market (SoMa) area. The smoke-free hotel is convenient to everything, including the Moscone Convention Center, Union Square, Chinatown and the Powell Street Cable Car Turnaround. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, IHG, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, BookIt.com, HotelTravel.com, Hotwire, Priceline, Agoda, Travelocity, EasyToBook, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your InterContinental San Francisco reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental San Francisco Hotel San Francisco
- San Francisco Intercontinental