“Loved it!” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Amersham, United Kingdom
“Loved it!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

Friendly greeting upon arrival and upgraded via loyalty scheme to a corner room with floor to ceiling windows on two walls. Not for the vertiginous, perhaps, but a fantastic room. Only downside was that all that glass let in a lot of heat, but you can live with that! Noisy neighbours repeatedly slamming their doors led to my room being changed the next morning - identical grade of room but at the other end of the hotel and with a subtly different layout. Extremely comfortable bed and reliable, speedy free wifi. Getting tea instead of coffee was easy, too.

The hotel was classy and immaculate. It's a few blocks away from Market St and was easy to find and get to - it's certainly a landmark in its immediate area. I didn't use the restaurant or bar so can't comment on those.

The pool was a strange experience, however. Confusingly, there were no obvious changing facilities and I ended up walking back to my room in wet shorts and a towel around me. Not ideal. I saw other guests doing the same.

It's far from a cheap hotel but the quality is right up there. Highly recommended!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Monica D, Manager at InterContinental San Francisco, responded to this review, July 17, 2014
SimonLee001,

We're happy to hear you had a great experience during your stay and that you found our hotel staff friendly and amenities to your liking. We strive to impress all guests and we love when we hit the mark. We hope to host you again soon and provide you with another wonderful stay.

Area Reservations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (423)
  • Finnish first
  • Indonesian first
Santa Rosa, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

Booked room for nieces 24th birthday. Let me check in early. Used the lap pool and fitness room. All you would need. Very pricey, parking, bar and restaurant. Room was very clean. Linens and beds very nice and comfy. Frette robes. Beautiful view from floor to ceiling windows. Overall very nice but for special occasions.

• Stayed June 2014
Dear Karen O,

Thank you for choosing to spend such a special occasion with us, we're so glad you had a wonderful time. We hope to welcome you back again for the next special event you have.

Culver City, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014

I have stayed here twice for easy access to the federal courthouse. It is a very comfortable, modern hotel that is great to work in, with large desks and good lamps. The area is not nicest part of the city but is convenient to the convention center, shopping, BART (2.5 blocks away) and the courthouse. Parking is expensive here, as it would be for any hotel in the heart of the city, but you can take transit easily to get around.

This time, I booked a corner King room and got one on a high floor with amazing floor-to-ceiling windows that wrapped nearly all the way around the large room. it had a really nice view of the city, including the domed San Francisco City Hall. (See attached photos.) Since i had to do a lot of work in the room, it was a treat to be able to take breaks and gaze out over the city.

The bathroom, bed and furnishings were all top notch. There is also a Nespresso machine in the room and a mini-fridge with a little room for your personal drinks. The restaurant on the first floor is excellent, with a good breakfast buffet, but (as with other nice city hotels) is expensive. The business center is well stocked but they charge a premium for printing pages. (If you are printing lots of pages, I suggest going to a Fed Ex/Kinkos nearby.)

Wireless Internet is good. To avoid charges, first join the IC Hotel Group Rewards program; it covers Holiday Inns as well as InterContinental Hotels.

If you are on an expense account, this hotel is an ideal choice. If not, still a good option if you can get a good rate.

Room Tip: I believe all of the rooms have floor-to-ceiling windows and the views on upper floors can be specta...
Dear Traveldan21,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. We're so glad your working trip was so enjoyable, particularly our beautiful views, great restaurant and comfortable guest rooms. We hope you will get the chance to stay with us again soon.

San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

I am very pleased with our stay this weekend. Every employee I came into contact with went out of their way to say hello and see if I needed anything. Christina and Enrique in the dining area for breakfast were so kind and helpful. It made morning much smoother before I had my coffee. At the front desk, the two gals I dealt with (sorry don't remember names) were so accommodating in giving me a late check out and helping me when another customer cut in the line and stepped in front of me. There were 2 gals in the gift shop who were polite and always made conversation while I purchased sundries. The gym is awesome and members of our group worked out every morning. The only complaint I have is that our bed was uncomfortable. We got a bad one. My friends bed was more comfortable so I know it wasn't that all of them were that way. I will report it so that they can fix that problem. Also it was so close to shopping, cvs, target, nordstroms and the transit system. :) I will be back for sure.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Monica D, Manager at InterContinental San Francisco, responded to this review, July 3, 2014
Dear Christie T,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We love to hear that our colleagues have made such wonderful impression and enhanced your stay. Thank you for mentioning Christina and Enrique, I have passed your sentiments onto them. I apologize for the discomfort you experienced with your bed and we appreciate your bringing that to our attention. We hope to host you again soon so you may have a truly perfect stay.

Des Moines, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

This is in the heart of San Francisco. 5 minute cab ride to AT&T Park.
Hotel is high end. Parking is expensive as you'd expect, close to $60 for Valet. Rooms are very nice and the views are spectacular. This hotel seems to be very new and the beds are very comfortable. I would absolutely stay here again.

Room Tip: Stay on a high floor if you can for a terrific view.
Dear Justin P,

Thank you for this great review! We appreciate your feedback and are so glad you found our convenient location, comfortable guest rooms and beautiful views perfect for your travels. We await your return and hope to see you again soon.

Aliso Viejo, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014

Have to admit I had some concerns about staying at InterContinental San Francisco, since it would be our first visit with them. Starting with our call to confirm an early arrival, we were treated with first class service by every staff member we encountered. When I spoke to Don about the room, he said it wasn't quite ready yet "but should be soon, we just want everything perfect - we will call you if you like to let you know it's done" - and then he actually did! Sweet. Valet parking guys were very cool, as was housekeeping and the room was immaculate. Not a spec of dirt anywhere. Nice view too. I would highly recommend a stay here, the location is convenient and a short walk to Mosconi or the Westfield mall a block away. On my short list of my three favorite hotels in the world now! Thanks guys, well done.

Room Tip: City view on the back was quiet, on the 24th floor very nice. There's a public lot immediately b...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Doug V,

Thank you for taking the time to leave this review of your stay. We're honored to have made your list of top 3 hotels in the world, thank you graciously. We love to hear when guests have a wonderful time and are so happy you enjoyed our beautiful guest rooms, friendly staff and central location. We hope to welcome you back very soon for another spectacular stay.

Phoenix, Arizona
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

I was looking forward to staying at the hotel because of the reviews. Sorrowfully disappointed. The staff had fake smiles and it was apparent they were not motivated or pleased to have you as a guest. Asked the concierge where I could get a bottle of water and he said they had the best tap water in San Francisco and I should try it.

The room had a funky smell, the room amenities were less satisfactory than any upscale hotel. Vanity products were cheap, hair dryer was disgusting, and bathroom was very dark. The room was dark as well and looked sloppy. Service bar had many things missing, coffee server was not set up and cream and sugar were missing.

The one redeeming factor was that the room was clean.

I could have stayed at the JW Marriott down the street and it was less expensive, incredible rooms with a spa like feeling, more amenities, restaurants and bars.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Monica D, Manager at InterContinental San Francisco, responded to this review, June 27, 2014
Dear Diane92211,

I'm sorry your stay with us did not live up to your expectations, we always strive for each guest to have a wonderful experience. We would like to speak with you further about your stay and hope you will contact our Front Office Manager, Roxanne Bilodeau-Cupp, at roxanne.bilodeau-cupp@ihg.com at your earliest convenience. We look forward to connecting with you soon.

Area Reservations Manager

Been to InterContinental San Francisco? Share your experiences!