“Love, Love The Hotel!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #33 of 236 hotels in San Francisco
Sunnyvale, California
“Love, Love The Hotel!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2014

We stayed over Thanksgiving week and I loved the InterContinental San Francisco. We stayed Jr. Suite room which is in corner unit with amazing view of the city. I love the floor to ceiling windows all around the room even the bathroom, lots of natural light and very specious. All the staff from front desk to lounge were extremely polite and provided excellent services. I was very impressed how nice they were. The location was also perfect for us.

The hotel is only a few years old and it's so clean and comfortable . We enjoy club lounge, too. This hotel is my favorite one in SF and one of the best intercontinental hotel!!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Monica D, Manager at InterContinental San Francisco, responded to this review, January 24, 2014
Dear Sunny1815,

Thank you for staying with us during the Thanksgiving holidays. We are honored you chose to spend this time at our hotel and extremely happy you enjoyed our beautiful spacious rooms, friendly staff. We love that we're your favorite hotel in San Francisco and hope you stay with us again soon so we can become your favorite hotel overall!

1,643 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (325)
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2014

My three days stay was really a pleasant one. the room and view is gorgeous, spacious room overlooking the city and the sea shore, great sunset view!

they use very high quality bedding and towels, and really clean. I love the bed so much! i didnt realize how good the hotel is until i went to some other same level hotels in the us.

the hotel is not located on the busy street, it is around 5 to 7 minutes away from all the shopping malls and subway station, but it is completely fine for me. '

Will definitely come back again!

Room Tip: premium view deluxe room on higher floor is nice
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Dear mintchelsea2013,

Thank you for leaving this review. We appreciate your taking the time to mention our beautiful rooms, luxurious linens and great location. We always hope to have our guests love us and can't wait for your return visit!

Sammamish
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2014

We stayed here over the New Year and it was our first time here. The hotel was beautiful. The staff was very attentive, polite and friendly. The room would have been spacious if we didn't have the roll away bed. The valet parking was pricey, $60 per day. The only tip I can give is that ask for a room away from Howard street. We were on the 15th floor and can hear fire truck going by all night long.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Dear Pamseattle,

Thank you for choosing to spend the New Year's holiday with us. We're happy to learn you thought the hotel was beautiful and our staff so friendly and helpful. I apologize for the fire truck noises you experienced during your stay, as with most major cities we are subject to major city noise from time to time and thank you for your understanding. We hope to see you again before next New Year's holiday!

Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014

The room was great, sleek, and simple. It was incredibly clean. The bed was unbelievably soft. The hotel was in a good location, and even if you didn't go out, the TV programs were amazing (I think it was cable) I didn't eat in the hotel restaurant or go anywhere other than outside and in our room so I can't say anything about that, but I would assume that would be good too.

Room Tip: Choose a room on a higher floor, the views are better.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dear Serendipitus,

We are so happy you enjoyed your stay with us! We pride ourselves on our beautiful and clean rooms and love that this made such a great impression for you. We hope you make another trip to San Francisco so you can experience everything else we have at the hotel.

Pontypridd
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014 via mobile

Stayed in a club room on a good deal. 33rd (top floor) with a great view of the Bay and AT&T stadium. Really worth the extra-club lounge served a good breakfast selection followed by soup and nibbles for lunch, afternoon tea then snacks and free bar in the evening....almost didn't need to eat anywhere else!! Also free WiFi in the bedrooms. Rooms themselves were nice if lacking a wow factor...tea and coffee in room. Location is good, 5 min walk to BART which connects directly to airport which is also next to cable car stop.

Only problem with hotel was the fact that our room key kept needing to be reset as it wouldn't open the club lounge or work the lift-very annoying after the 3rd trip to reception. Other than that had no issues and all the staff we met seemed pleasant and helpful.

Tips for San Fran visitors-if you want to ride the cable car, best to get there early on the weekend-8 or 830am has no line, by 930 you will have an hrs wait, by the afternoon it was 2hrs plus! Alcatraz is worth the trip but book online before you arrive or you may find that all the cruises are full for the duration of your trip.

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Gareth M,

Thank you for staying with us and thank you for leaving this review about your experience. We're glad you enjoyed our Club Lounge, one of our top amenities, and found our location so convenient for your trip to the city. I apologize for the issues you had with your key card and appreciate your comments about our pleasant and helpful staff. We hope you make another trip to San Francisco soon and choose the InterContinental San Francisco Hotel again!

Fremont, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014

I was looking for a hotel in San Francisco. I was only staying a night, but I needed two rooms. I looked every where in the City and InterContinential was in a great location and it was priced lower then the other brand names out there. I reserved both rooms online and when I arrived, my rooms were ready!!

Checking in was uneventful - which is exactly what you want when you check in. No reservation glitches and I spent only 5 minutes at the front desk (for some reason there was no line) getting my keys.I got to my room, and was very surprised how spacious the room was. It was tastefully decorated with a work desk and a separate seating area. The room also had floor to ceiling windows which gave spectacular views of the City.

The bathroom was big, but nothing to write home about. However, next to the toilet, there was a floor to ceiling window. I thought it was a little strange and keep wondering if anyone was looking at me (there are drapes for privacy).

The downstairs bar was well stocked with a very attentive wait and bar staff. As I walked around the lobby, the employees were always smiling and asking if I needed any help. It felt welcoming.

For breakfast, had room service. Food was delivered within 20 minutes (well before they said it would arrive). I highly recommend the breakfast sandwiches!

Check out was fast and painless with no surprises on my bill.

Overall, it was a fabulous stay. Too bad I only had one night to enjoy it.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor room for nice views of the City (I was on the 22nd Floor)
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Manny510,

We thank you profusely for taking the time to write about your stay with us. We love how much you loved your stay and thank you for mentioning how welcoming and helpful our staff was, how delicious our restaurant was and how beautiful our rooms are. We appreciate all of our guests and hope you make a trip back to see us very soon.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

I recently upgraded to Intercontinental Ambassador status, which comes with a few perks including upgrades. I have stayed at this hotel three times before as I have had very good experiences. I requested a Cityview room.

When I arrived I had been booked into a bay view room, but I patiently waited for changes to my reservation. I went to my room-it had a Cityview but was smaller than any other room I had stayed in. I came back to the desk for an "upgraded" room, which I received. Very large with good views. However, the second desk clerk failed to transfer my second reservation for two additional nights which I discovered when I called about free wifi, which was not explained at check-in. Nor was I offered a newspaper initially during my check-in. Kara who added the second reservation was extremely helpful and gave me a free breakfast voucher for 2 because of the missteps. And then I discovered they charged me for breakfast, which was removed from my bill.

All this being said, it is a modern lovely property. I had a great view of the City from my room and bathroom.
It has an excellent fitness facility, and a pleasant lobby area. In a great location, close to Union Square and transportation. Despite some issues with the front desk, it was a very enjoyable stay.

Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Dear Brooklyntraveling,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience with us. We appreciate all of our guest feedback as we strive to give each guest a truly InterContinental experience. We appreciate your understanding with the missteps you encountered. We try for perfection, but of course mistakes are occasionally made. Thank you for your graciousness and we are delighted this did not damper your stay. We would love the opportunity to really wow you and hope you choose to stay with us again.

Area Reservations Manager

Been to InterContinental San Francisco? Share your experiences!