“top notch” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #32 of 236 hotels in San Francisco
Barrie, Canada
“top notch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

Stayed here for 4 nights with our first trip to San Francisco. Clean room, well appointed, and receptive front desk. Concierge was very helpful in all respects. Any room omissions were quickly rectified and restaurant recommendations were stellar. We will certainly return on our next visit.

Room Tip: Ask for a high quiet room
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

1,659 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (336)
Pretoria
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

The lobby is chic, the rooms are beautiful, stylish and comfortable.
The bed is divine!
It is a bit impersonal, but perfect for business travellers or a quick sleepover.
The concierge was very helpful and friendly!
Two things that mark it down for me, hence the average score- you have to pay for Wifi and there is no coffee making machine in the room
I am a frequent traveller, and that is something I have come to expect from hotels.

• Stayed September 2013
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

A wonderful return to my usual haunt on my annual SF/Folsom trip. After last year's debacle at the Marriott I was pleasantly surprised to find out that there was availability at my favorite hotel the Intercontinental this year. We got in early and were gladly accommodated with an early check in of a room on the 19th floor with an amazing view. It was all as I remembered the comfy beds, great bathroom products, spacious room, it was truly worth every cent we paid. Even the few hiccups we had were resolved quickly.

As for my two pet peeves which were mentioned previously by others, you have to pay for WiFi, which in this day and age not to mention for the rate you are paying to stay here, you would expect to be free. I paid for it since I had my gadgets with me and I needed to be available to my office should anything come up. On a positive note the front desk told me, WiFi will be free for all guests starting either January 2014 or in October 2013, I cannot recall. My other issue $60 for parking is steep to say the least even for San Francisco. I am from NYC so I am used to paying alot more than one would in other cities but that was a bit much even for me. The good thing was that our car was always readily available not an hour wait like at the Marriott and you can take it in and out as much as you want for that 24 period. However Management should think about offering a less costlier non-valet option or tie the parking fee in with the room rate so that it appears you are getting free parking, IMO.

Other than those two issues I would definitely stay here again and hope to do so September 2014

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Madrid, Spain
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013 via mobile

Stayed there for a long weekend with my wife. The location is very good, also for business, especially if you have to visit Moscone center. The decoration is modern and staff very friendly and helpful. We had a room on the 28th floor and the view was great. No complimentary amenities (water, wifi, etc) though and valet parking is very expensive (60$/day) If you have your own car, i would suggest using the contiguos parking Fifth and Mission.

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Monterey, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

The Intercontinental San Francisco has great location close to downtown. The rooms are spacious with a modern look, great lighting and wonderful city ocean views. The staff are professional and inviting. I came here on my birthday with some friends to take in a concert and have a good time. One of the front desk staff suggested we check out the dueling pianos which did not disappoint. Thank you to the lovely staff! It was a unforgettable night!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

Ok I live in the city but my apartment is tiny so when friends came over to visit we all stayed at the InterContinental for the weekend.

I'm usually a fan of historic hotels but I recently spent a weekend in the InterContinental in the SOMA neighborhood of SF and was pleasantly surprised. It was much more tasteful than a run-of-the-mill modern hotel and much more elegant.

The lobby and bar were welcoming, sunny and posh. The rooms were spacious, clean and well-appointed. The bathrooms were also very nice. The views we had of the city were absolutely gorgeous. And the staff was very friendly and inviting.

The bar prepared superb cocktails for reasonable prices, and although I didn't dine at the restaurant it was set in great ambiance and the food looked good.

The location is very central to SF, being in the SOMA neighborhood and close to the Yerba Buena Arts Park, Union Square, Westfield Mall and Metreon. As well as several museums, bars and other points of interest.

I'll recommend to friends and family and would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a high floor with a view of the city.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Prince George, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

What a great stay on our 25th anniversary! A complimentary bottle of bubbles and a great check in staff made for a perfect start. The Grappa bar in the lobby was a real treat. I've never seen so much choice of Grappa. Room was on the 23rd floor on a corner and had an amazing view. Bathroom was large and perfect for the two of us. Bed was very comfortable and the house keeping was perfect.

Room Tip: For sure get a corner room for the best view.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to InterContinental San Francisco? Share your experiences!