My wife and I arrived in San Francisco from London on Thursday evening and were given a room on the 27th Floor which was excellent. We have a view of the city and the bay and both the room and the bath room were clean and very well maintained. The hotel is not cheap with prices of $300 per night. However at that price you would expect certain things to be included such as Internet connection and access to phone lines with credit card or phone card being free. Not here at all the charge is almost $15 per day for the internet and any phone call local or via card is charged at $1-50c per call. In my view two very unnecessary charges when looking at the cost anyway. The Spa is great but the pool was closed with access to another pool in another hotel which is a bit of a bind.
So my advice to the ICH hotel is to stop charging for every single thing and include things which really should be FOC in this day and age. If not my advice to anyone is walk a couple of hundred yards to one of the many Strabucks, Mels diner, etc where the internet is free and by the way is quicker than that offered with charges by the hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- InterContinental San Francisco is the Bay Area s newest upscale hotel destination. The 32-story glass tower sparkles high above the city, standing sentry over the South of Market (SoMa) area. The smoke-free hotel is convenient to everything, including the Moscone Convention Center, Union Square, Chinatown and the Powell Street Cable Car Turnaround. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, IHG, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, HotelTravel.com, BookIt.com, Hotwire, Priceline, Agoda, Odigeo, Tingo and Jetsetter so you can book your InterContinental San Francisco reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental San Francisco Hotel San Francisco
- San Francisco Intercontinental