My husband and I stayed here for Thanksgiving weekend in 2011 right after he became Royal Ambassador. We booked a standard room because we were curious to see what kind of an upgrade we would get and of course, to raid the mini bar since one of the perks of being Royal Ambassador is an unlimited mini bar.
The hotel is in an interesting area of SF. It is within walking distance to Union Square, Moscone Center, and also the Tenderloin. Tourists and vistors who make a wrong turn can easily find themselves on 6th St. which is an undesirable neighborhood.
The hotel is a beautiful glass buildlng and has a very modern feel. We were upgraded to a corner room and not a large suite as we had hoped. The room was spacious with views of SOMA. However, since two of the walls were glass, the room was frigid. The mini bar was nice with a variety of wines, sodas, liquor, and even Moet & Chandon champagne (some of which mysteriously appeared in my suitcase when we returned back home).
One of my complaints with the room besides the cool temperature was the water pressure and temperature. Having lived in SF for 5 years, I get it that SF is a "green" city and everyone loves to hug trees even though I don't see that many trees in my Pac Heights neighborhood. But the water in the bathroom and shower was lukewarm and came out drop by drop - water conservation gone extreme!
We also had access to the lounge which offered snacks and drinks. Both nights had the same snack of hot dog bites rolled in a pastry shell.
The service was excellent. Everyone was friendly and polite. However, I did notice that the room across the hall had ordered room service the first night and had placed their dirty plates and utensils outside their room. The dirty plates and utensils were still outside the room two days later when we checked out.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental San Francisco Hotel San Francisco
- Intercontinental San Francisco Hotel
- San Francisco Intercontinental
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- InterContinental San Francisco is the Bay Area s newest upscale hotel destination. The 32-story glass tower sparkles high above the city, standing sentry over the South of Market (SoMa) area. The smoke-free hotel is convenient to everything, including the Moscone Convention Center, Union Square, Chinatown and the Powell Street Cable Car Turnaround. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, IHG, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, Otel, Agoda and Fareportal so you can book your InterContinental San Francisco reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.