No. I do not work for Intercontinental ! As a constant traveler for work and pleasure around the globe I have stayed at the many wonderful hotels of this top chain and I am also a Priority Club Platinum/Ambassador Member of Intercontinental. I am just finishing up my 6th stay at the exemplary San Francisco member of this chain. I have always loved this hotel as I must visit San Francisco often, I have not stayed at another Hotel since the opening of this Intercontinental a few years back. This trip proved to be one of the best. The hotel has hired some fresh new faces and a number really go the extra distance that makes you feel rewarded for your loyalty. The staff in general is great but I must mention Regina who works in 'Guest Relations' . When I contacted her about needing some help, she went above and beyond and is quite the ambassador in keeping with what I call the 'Intercontinental Experience' I expect to see her rise in this organization over the years. Chloe at Reception and that wonderful concierge staff were terrific. I stayed on the top club floor and my room was just perfect. I had been upgraded to a room with an amazing view of the bay and the room itself was what I would expect of this hotel. The room and bathroom are top-of-the-line in comfort, luxury and it shined from being so clean and for the care that is obvious in the upkeep of the room ( An important point that other big chains should take note). Modern, spacious bathroom with separate area for bathing or taking a shower and very nice amenities! The Flat-screen TV and large closets and all the perks of being a Priority member really makes you feel pampered. This chain is known for its amazing beds but the one in my room here in SF was unreal. So comfortable that I was asleep in two seconds every night. A top standout for this hotel (besides the Michelin star restaurant) is the amazing Club room. In my opinion, and Ive been in many, this might be the best in the U.S. (Le Grand in Paris is still my favorite because of the view of the Opera and the 'Pommery Champagne') The staff are friendly yet there for anything you desire. I find them to be very thoughtful which is an added bonus. The views and the room itself is 'Tops' and from the wonderful breakfast all the way to late night brandies and special spirits along with wonderful appetizers and desserts, you just have to accept the fact that you will be hitting the gym when returning home. I actually love the fitness center, pool and 'top SF rated spa' at the hotel and always make use of all three With all that I have mentioned above, you might understand why I use the phrase 'The Intercontinental Experience' .
At this hotel, it is a 5* plus experience. As always, I will be back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- InterContinental San Francisco is the Bay Area s newest upscale hotel destination. The 32-story glass tower sparkles high above the city, standing sentry over the South of Market (SoMa) area. The smoke-free hotel is convenient to everything, including the Moscone Convention Center, Union Square, Chinatown and the Powell Street Cable Car Turnaround. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, HotelTravel.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Agoda, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your InterContinental San Francisco reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental San Francisco Hotel San Francisco
- San Francisco Intercontinental