“This motel has improved new mgment” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Ram's Hotel

Ram's Hotel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in San Francisco
Ram's Hotel
You added Ram's Hotel to your Saves list
80 9th Street, San Francisco, CA 94103 (SoMa)   |
Ranked #208 of 236 Hotels in San Francisco
San Francisco, California
“This motel has improved new mgment”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014

I agree the location isnt the greatest but I have seen way worse and I have seen alot. The rooms are clean and shared bathrooms are clean too. No mice no insects of any kind and the rates are negiotable I pay 60.00 a night special rate for me I stay there 2 nights a week. I will continue too I like owner he's very nice to me.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo

Families
Couples
Business
Stockholm
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2009

Imagine a grotty little building in the worst part of a dirty city. That, is Ram's hotel. Nearly $80 a night they tried to charge me there. It's located in a ghetto foir crying out loud. The rooms smelt disgusting, the staff were rude, and I feared for my life when leaving the hotel. Avoid it like the plague.

• Stayed August 2006, traveled with friends
Manchester, UK
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2007

Stayed here for one night after consulting the hotels board at the main greyhound bus terminal. One night was enough. Upon arrival we got out of the taxi into what looked like quite a horrible area of town, but that aside, we were then faced with the most ridiculous check in procedure I have ever been through in my life with the owners first watching us on a camera before letting us in, but that wasn't the half of it. Upon arriving at the so called "check in desk", the owner clearly managed to just about drag himself out of bed because he was wearing merely a vest and hadn't bothered to even brush his hair. He then said to us quote "give me I.D" and then after having scribbled down every, yes that's EVERY bit of our passport details, he then rudely said "give me 100 dollar". After having finally gone through the ridiculous check in procedure, we decided to at least wait to see the state of the room. It was not very nice. To name a few things, the bed sheets had cigarette holes burnt into them, the carpet looked like it hadn't been washed in years, the shower curtain wasn't waterproof and the TV looked like it was from the 70s! And if that wasn't enough, at barely 11am, there was a man kicking in a shop window and attempting to kick passing cars. We cautiously made our way out of the hotel to spend the day in the city. The tourist areas nice, but the rest of the city, in my opinion, was quite run down. Overnight, we were introduced to the local unsavoury characters shouting and cursing in the street which kept us awake until the early hours of the morning, and we were told to check out by 10am! Admittedly, we were returned 20 dollars from our 100 paid, as this was the deposit, and from the state of the room, it clearly was consistent with that value. Overall, a horrible place and we would never stay there again and I have simpathy for anyone who does stay there.

• Liked — N/A
  • Disliked — A lot
  • Stayed July 2004, traveled with friends
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Ram's Hotel? Share your experiences!