I've stayed at this hotel twice in the past, the latest being four nights during a business trip. The location is good, right near the corner of Market St and Kearny. The business district is an easy 10 minutes walk away. I would consider this hotel "Very Good" if you can get a nightly rate that is $200 or less per night.
On both occasions that I've been here, the lobby has tended to be quite busy. There's a short wait to check-in. The check-in area has about 5 stations but it never seemed to be fully manned whenever I've stayed here. Usually, there were about 2 reception staff working. After check-in, the elevator banks are right around the corner and they arrive fairly quickly. I've stayed on the higher floors for SPG members. Hallways are bright and clean. I was given a true king bed room. The whole hotel has the non-offensive modern design that tends to be middle of the road. It is neither breaktaking nor repulsive. Same holds true for the room. Let's say it's ho-hum. There's a great amount of space in the typical SPG king bed room, guessing easily above 300 sq ft. The bed was comfortable. The bathroom was of good size. My main complaint is the lighting is poor in the bathtub since there is no overhead or sconce light source near the tub. Standard Westin toiletries are used. The ceilings are very low in the hotel, especially in the rooms. I'd say it's about 8 foot. But the views are exceptional from the rooms.
I did not use the WiFi this past stay, although I do remember it was decent in my previous stay. No experience with the fitness/health club.
The key with this hotel is securing a nightly rate that's not greater than $200 (before taxes). San Francisco hotels tend to have wild fluctuations from week to week due to the high number of conferences/conventions in the city. If you're paying more than $200, I don't think this hotel would be an advantageous deal unless you received a suite upgrade.
- Also Known As:
- Westin San Francisco Market Street Hotel San Francisco
- Westin San Francisco Market Street Hotel
- Westin San Francisco
- San Francisco Westin
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Westin San Francisco Market Center offers superior style, comfort, superb amenities, and floor-to-ceiling windows boasting breath-taking views. Enjoy easy access to downtown, SOMA, and much more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Starwood, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Tingo, TripOnline SA, Priceline, EasyToBook, getaroom.com, Venere, Agoda, Fareportal and Otel so you can book your Westin San Francisco Market Street reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.