1. Customer Service: Okay depending on the gender of the front desk. The female staff is friendly. She welcomes you warmly and replies e-mail quickly. However, the male one is so-so. I would not say that he acts aloof. But definitely he doesn't seem as friendly as the female one. Sort of like, whatever-attitude.
2. Room condition: My boyfriend and I live in a private room. It is really small and basically is clean. At least I didn't see any bedbugs. The furniture is really old. They only provide face soap, a small bag of shampoo and a small bag of body lotion. So we have to shop the shampoo and body wash as well as toothbrush/toothpaste in downtown. Well, they do have the hair dryer inside the room, and shared laundry facilities downstairs.
3. Location: Not too bad. It is located on Nob Hill and close to Downtown. You can take the Bart/subway(not the food store :D ) to the Powell Station and then have around 15 minutes walking to the hostel. If you wanna walk from there to Chinatown, or walk from Chinatown back to the hostel, I would say good luck. To me, the downhill path is really steep.
4. Transportation: the buses are mostly likely concentrated on the downtown.
5. Atmosphere: Well, it is quiet. But the road is really dirty. And, from my small window view, all garbage out there.
6. Food Around: One Chinese restaurant which should not call itself Chinese restaurant, one subway, one pizza place. Not many choices. But since it is a decent walking distance between the hostel and downtown, you can go to downtown for the food.
- Also Known As:
- Amsterdam Hotel
- Amsterdam Hotel San Francisco
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HostelWorld, Budget Places and Priceline so you can book your Amsterdam Hostel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.