“Seasonal flavors, won't dissapoint!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Perbacco

Perbacco
230 California St., San Francisco, CA 94111 (Financial District)
415.955.0663
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Perbacco is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #94 of 5,012 Restaurants in San Francisco
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Doing business, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Financial District
Cross street: Battery
Transit: Bart: Montgomery station. Muni: Market and 1st St. stops.
Caracas, Venezuela
“Seasonal flavors, won't dissapoint!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

We had no reservations but were craving pasta and in the neighborhood. After a very short wait -even though the place was full- we got a couple of seats close to the door overlooking the entrance and street. The seafood, wine and cheeses, and again local bountiful local ingredients of California made of this dinner a feast of flavors. Freshest burrata cheese ever! Amazing Pinot. Totally worth it, every penny.

• 4 of 5 stars Food

el dorado hills
“Delicious Pasta Dishes”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

I had been here before and really enjoyed my meal so when I was in San Francisco last weekend for a work meeting, I had a night to myself and headed to Perbacco for some great homemade pasta. This is a chic italian restaurant, not a mom and pop shop but hey have several cozy tables for one/two people so dining along on a Saturday night didn't feel all that 'odd', it doesn't really bother me anyway but this was a nice spot. The pasta didn't disappoint. They have several shapes/flavors with various sauces/preparations and it was one of those menu's where I wanted about 12 things....settled on two and loved every bite. I had their tortellini in brood special and a spinach pasta with duck sugo that had radicchio and cherries. A really delicious meal that I would eat again right now. It was crowded, which I love to see. The wait staff was super to me and I will go back again when I return to SF.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
“Pretentious”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2014

Our first night in San Francisco, and we had long standing reservations at Perbacco, having seen it come highly recommended.
We were sorely disappointed. Despite the restaurant being empty when we arrived, we were still forced to stand around for almost 20 minutes before being seated, and this was after our scheduled reservation time had already passed. The hostess was very cold and pretentious.
Our waiter was kind, but other than that the staff was indifferent at best. The food was mediocre; you can tell they want attempt something different, but didn't pull it off. One of our dishes was nearly tasteless.
Never once in the evening did we feel welcome, if anything the meal was rushed. Highly disappointed.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Boise, Idaho
“Incredible!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2014

We celebrated our anniversary by dining at Perbacco - what a special and memorable experience it was! For the appetizer, we shared the burrata cheese with marinated peaches - delicious! jMy husband's main course was the sea scallops. In a word - INCREDIBLE. I'm not prone to violence, but I was seriously tempted to knock him down and take these - but that's just wrong for so many reasons - one of which is these should be savored. You could cut these with a fork - and the flavor - WOW! I thoroughly enjoyed my selection as well - the scarpinocc or "little shoes". Delicious pasta with a fantastic cheese filling. Different from anything I've ever had - so good! We shared an order of browned brussels sprouts - good but nothing to write home on. For dessert - brutti ma buoni cookies which were like flavorful merengue balls with sweet nuts inside - which they gave us as an anniversary surprise. Wish we lived closer - I'd go again very soon!!

Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
1,177 helpful votes 1,177 helpful votes
“high end quality”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014

Un assuming location and frontage, and not too many covers, but what great food and service. Very nice Italian fayre, very well cooked (pasta was perfectly al dente).
In our opinion also good value.

• Visited May 2014