“SURPRISED” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Saha is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #227 of 4,525 Restaurants in San Francisco
Transit: #2,3,4
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“SURPRISED”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

Saha is excellent. I like Arabic, French, and California cuisine. Put them together and you end up with something magic. I ate at the bar because I don't like sitting at a table when I dine alone and that was fine. The staff were friendly and I ended up with three servers team working together. The owner is in the kitchen and that is usually a good sign.

The small plates are a good bet. The fouel is really good and the kibbeh is grilled is grilled well.

• Visited December 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Napa, California
“Worst. Host. Ever.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

Had late night reservation during anniversary weekend stay in SF. Arrived 5 mins early following trek from hotel near union square, tenderloin, hills smell of urine and all... Enter to find perhaps a dozen people clumped up at the host's stand, spilling out into lobby and a stiflingly hot room in spite of a beautiful autumn evening. I assumed these were incomplete parties and folks without reservations, but on inquiring with some of my neighbors I found out they were in the same boat we were...ducked into the restaurant to find it half empty, spoke to host who, in spite of acutely tweaked out manner, found my resi then preemptively instructed me to calm down (I was calm...) this would all be taken care of shorty... (I was left to assume "this" was the whole seating situation... He then disappeared, 10 or so minutes elapsed, and we never saw him again. To reiterate, the restaurant was half empty, by the time we left there were perhaps 25 people with resis waiting to be seated, and he was just gone... We finally gave up (there were 15 people in front of us in line, none of whom were seating during the 20ish total minutes we spent in the restaurant... We instead ate at our hotel and two or three hours later I got a no show email from opentable... I've eaten about a dozen meals per week out for the last 20 or so years, and this is the first experience I've had that compelled me to write a review. I joined trip advisor to write this and another note on Solage / SolBar in calistoga, which is also worthless.

• Visited October 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Portland, Oregon
“Great modern North African food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

The service was very good, and the menu and wine list were excellent. The two of us had four small plates plus wine, which was plenty. Friends from Berkeley told us later that it was one of their favorites as well.

Visited October 2013
“Very good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

The place is small. The bar is beer and wine only. The food was very good. It was a little delayed and the cook came out to apologize and gave us a free desert. There was a large party taking over 1/2 the place so it was pretty noisy. Overall I would go back,

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
stafford
“Eastern fusion”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

Simple restaurant with excellent staff. Ate here twice in the short stay . It was busy and difficult to get in. The food varied from complex spices to simple subtle flavours you need to choose wisely.
Fresh home made bread, chicken breasts stuffed with prunes and wild mushrooms were divine.
Good selection of specials to tempt you. Nothing is too much trouble although when busy they can feel very efficient I suppose to maximise covers.
It had a vibrant chatter filled feel which is the sound of contented happy diners !!

• Visited September 2013