“Top 20 meals” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Saha

Saha
1075 Sutter St, San Francisco, CA 94109 (Downtown)
(415) 345-9547
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Saha is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #231 of 4,919 restaurants in San Francisco
Transit: #2,3,4
Los Angeles, California
“Top 20 meals”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

I was in town for a conference, and way staying at the Hotel Carlton (as I very much enjoy the Joi de Vive chain). Saha is a lovely Arabic/fusion restaurant on its first floor, and to make my trip easy I made a reservation here for the first night. What a treat! Diners were excited about the meals and were asking each other what they were eating -- something I rarely find. The restaurant was lovely and comfortable, with close tables. The pair sitting to my right ordered the "Slap Yo Mama" dessert (an odd name for a classy cute restaurant), which was an elegant wrapped chocolate and cream delicacy. All three tables near me ordered the Sage Duck, in the top 20 meals that I've ever had. Almost buttery. . . an amazing taste sensation. I ate a special dessert my first visit -- a special baklava.

I brought a group of business associates back two days later, who loved the sage duck as well. I tried several other small dishes, including the special soup and fish small dish.

Save room for dessert -- each is an amazing treat.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

87% Recommend
Sydney, Australia
“Great Middle Eastern Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

We have a lot of choice in Sydney for this type of food but the Saha was very good. The dishes were well presented and sized. The dips and accompaniments were very good. I would recommend this restaurant. Price was acceptable.

Visited April 2013
Seattle, Washington
“Second visit was even better!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

Went in early April for the first time and thought it was fabulous. Went back at the end of the month to confirm. Service could not have been better. So good, in fact, that upon hearing the recommendations, closed our menus and put ourselves in their hands. Of all the great food, what I'll remember most is the duck - perfectly done and set in a delicious sweet potato sauce.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Deux-Montagnes, Quebec, Canada
“Variety”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

The food is great. They offer a good variety of Morrocan meals. People are very nice. Not the cheaper place but you get great value for your money.

Visited April 2013
Antwerp, Belgium
“Saha in Carlton hotel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

I went there a couple of times for breakfast as I was staying at the Carlton. You have a lot of choices, mainly fusion cuisine breakfast but also a continental breakfast and an American breakfast. Prices are ok, not too expensive and the food is good. But the service is inconsistent, sometimes everything was fine but sometimes, things got "forgotten" and then I had to check the bill because there was some mistakes. Overall I was not impressed by breakfast there and the last day of my stay at the Cartlon, I went elsewhere to eat.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere