“Sumptuous and welcoming” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
La Ciccia is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 4,918 restaurants in San Francisco
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza, Seafood
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Church
Transit: MUNI: J Church Metro and Bus #24
Description: La Ciccia is a cozy and intimate restaurant located on the edge of Noe Valley. Husband and wife owners, Massimiliano Conti and Lorella Degan work together to take you to a culinary journey through the Italian island of Sardinia. The chef is committed to use the freshest and the most authentic ingredients from his native island, resulting in pungent, lively, flavorful food. The all Italian wine list,170 labels selection represent every Region with more than a quarter devote to Sardinia in order to pair the traditional earthy flavors as well seafood influence of Sardinia cuisine. La Ciccia is a tribute to Sardinia an experience not to be missed.
Bedford, Massachusetts
“Sumptuous and welcoming”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013 via mobile

The welcoming and cozy atmosphere compliments the stunningly delicious food. The warm and attentive service makes this a very special place.

The prices are quite reasonable for the quality of the food- however the Sardinian beers are very expensive.

95% Recommend
los gatos
“The Neighborhood Restaurant You Would Like To Find”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

This is the neighborhood restaurant you would like to find. A nice cozy dining spot personnally run by the owners. Ambieance is friendly, professional and just a little cozier and closed in than I prefer. Food is great. This is my first experience with Sardinian cuisine, perhaps quite similar to Italian or Sicilian, with the emphasis on foods influenced by the sea. We shared the day's pasta as our 1st course which was a fettuccini tossed in a sliced artichocke sauce....excellent. One of us had the large grilled prawns, the other had the thinly sliced /breaded pork a la schnitzel. Both were very good. The flavors of the sauces again were excellent. We shared the riccotta cake for desert, nice, but not as memorable as the rest of the meal. This is a place I want to come back to to try other dishes offerred on the menu and to find the best they have to offer.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Wonderful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

From start to finish, this cuisine is notable. Not a place for those searching for Americanized Italian food, but more for the sophisticated palate.

Family owned and it shows. Great Italian wine list. Only caveat, decor is lacking and cramped quarters.
Food quality makes up for it.
Can't wait to go return. One of the most memorable meals in ages. Not often can I say that.

• Visited April 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Santa Rosa, CA
“Delicious”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

I saw a review of the restaurant on a local TV show and since the food is based out of Sardinia, I had to try it. My family in Italy camps on the island of Sardinia every year and I wanted to check out the food. We started with the calamari. Divine. That is all I can say. Cooked perfectly and the sauce was amazing; we didn't let them take our plate away until we could finish every drop of that delicious sauce. My husband asked what the base was for the sauce and they replied "basil oil." It was so good, I won't even try to duplicate it. Then we had the fregola with sea urchin and cured tuna heart. Not our favorite as it was a bit too briny. We were glad we tried it, but we wouldn't order it again. I had a pizza bianca with sopressata and I think I might have eaten almost of all of it and it was big - the crust was just the right amount of chewy and puffiness and the sopressata had the perfect saltiness. My husband had the Hawaiian swordfish and although it was good, he didn't think it paired well with the beet greens also on the plate and the saffron flavor was a bit overpowering. We ended with the three gelati - goat cheese & fig, chocolate hazelnut and marsala wine & raisin (that was the best!). All in all, it was a very nice dining experience and the staff was friendly and helpful.

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Sardinian Excellence!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013 via mobile

We started with the grilled Baby Calamari which was so fresh and tasty and cooked perfectly. Then we shared a pasta dish which was al dente made to perfection. I had the whole giant prawns which were cooked in olive oil with many fresh spices. My wife had seabass which was fresh and seasoned perfectly

• Visited April 2013