“I wish I could give it a 5, but I can't” 3 of 5 stars

Book a Free Breakfast PKG
Ranked #16 of 235 Hotels in San Francisco
GreenLeadersGold level
Denver, Colorado
“I wish I could give it a 5, but I can't”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Stayed at the Orchard Garden for a business meeting. For San Francisco, the room was huge. Bathroom was big. Beds were very comfortable, and staff was great. There was a happy hour with tasty appetizers. The trolleys are right there, and a staff member helped us figure out the route to get us to our dinner. For all those reasons, I would give it a 5. However, I didn't sleep the first night I was there because of the noise. I thought it was alley noise, it sounded like large dumpsters were being emptied multiple times in the middle of the night. However, on closer inspection, I think it was noise from either the service elevator, or the main elevator. Being able to sleep is important, and the banging was so loud every couple hours, it was impossible to get a good night sleep. One of my coworkers also experienced the same noise, a few others did not, but I don't know how to tell you to pick a room to avoid it. The walls are thin, I could hear the next door neighbor coughing.

Room Tip: Ask to not be by any elevator
Scott S, Owner at Orchard Garden Hotel, responded to this review, 1 week ago
While its really great to hear about the various reasons why you felt you had a five-star stay with us, I'm incredibly sorry that noise kept you up all night. I think your deduction of the garbage being picked up in the alleys near our hotel is the correct one. For some time we have been working with the city and our neighbors on earlier hours of pick up, or later hours. We are all still working on some sort of compromise and hope to have this resolved in the very near future. Please feel free to reach out to me or any of Front Desk staff to make sure that on your next visit we provide and extra quiet room for you to enjoy. Please accept our apologies and I hope you give us another try in the near future.

Hope to see you again,
Front Office Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (160)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I stayed here for a business trip. Very clean, quiet and courteous staff.
Wifi was faster and better than most hotels. Spacious and modern bathroom. Bed was very comfortable after long day of meetings.
It's a small hotel front that you could easily miss.
Very convenient location at the gates to Chinatown. Great place to start a walk. I'd stay here again.

Scott S, Owner at Orchard Garden Hotel, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Thank you very much for your review. We know how important wi-fi is in this day and age, so I am glad that it met your needs. We are also thrilled to know that your bed was exactly what you needed after a long day of walk. We could not agree with you more about our central location - great for business and leisure stays. We certainly look forward to having you be our guest once again!

Hyderabad, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Nice hotel, big rooms, very clean.
Located in a walking distance from Union Square, China Town, Westfield mall and Market street.
Overall a very good location and a good value for money. It is not very close to the Fishreman's wharf, but you can take the cable cars which have a station in a short walking distance.

Green Features: Eco friendly, and they are proud about it. Recycle bins in the room, energy saving lights etc.
Scott S, Owner at Orchard Garden Hotel, responded to this review, 1 week ago
It's really fantastic to hear that your stay was a great one overall! Knowing that you were able to utilize our location to explore all the amazing sights San Francisco has to offer is really fantastic, and I'm definitely happy to hear you enjoyed your room and our eco-friendly focus, as well. Whenever you find yourself making your way back to the Bay Area, we'd love to host you for a stay again!

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The Orchard Garden has great sized rooms so perfect if you need to get a bit of work done during the day.
The restaurant is also good with really nice, friendly staff. I only had breakfast here but it's a decent standard.
Great location and decent gym on site as well.

Stayed November 2014, traveled on business
Scott S, Owner at Orchard Garden Hotel, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
It's really great to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us while visiting the U.S.! It's always good to know that our guests enjoyed our amenities, so I'm happy that you were able to enjoy our gym, restaurant, and location. Anytime you're traveling back to the Bay Area, I hope you'll keep us in mind as your hotel of choice!

Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Room was decent enough. Bed was comfy and bathroom was a good size. Water temperature in the shower sometimes not very hot and walls are thin could hear constant banging of the door next door every time it opened and closed and cleaners in the morning. Location was great only a few minutes walk from union square and short cab trip to fisherman's wharf (around $10) Was good for the price and all the staff were very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
Scott S, Owner at Orchard Garden Hotel, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Thanks so much for the review and feedback. We are glad that the staff was friendly and helpful - they are there to provide great customer service, and we are happy to hear that they followed through. I will have our engineering department check the water temperature, as we want to make sure that all guests have a wonderful experience. We hope to see you once again in the near future.

Bruce P
Wilmington, Delaware
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2014

We stayed in two adjoining rooms with our 3 kids. The rooms were clean, comfortable and modern. The beds were great. Though our interaction with the staff was limited, they all seemed super friendly and helpful. The location, right next to the famous Chinatown gate, was great and sufficiently central for all of our SF adventures. Next time we are in town, we'll be staying at Orchard Garden!

Green Features: Loved that the hotel was making a meaningful effort toward having a smaller environmental impact. I particularly liked the shampoo/conditioner/soap dispensers in the shower. Every hotel should do that---and the master electricity switch by the door. Great.
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled with family
Scott S, Owner at Orchard Garden Hotel, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
We are thrilled to hear we were able to facilitate some amazing San Francisco adventures for you and your family. It is great to know that our location was well-utilized and you got to enjoy many of the sights San Francisco has to offer here. I definitely consider ourselves lucky to count you as a happy guest and will certainly be looking forward to hosting you during your next visit to the Bay area!

West Sacramento, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2014

Pros:
-Walking distance to Union Square, Chinatown, Restaurants, and Bars
-Short Uber ride to anywhere else
-Comfy Bed, Clean room, quiet neighbors
-Updated bathroom

-Con:
-A little tight quartered, but by no means a deal breaker.
-Valet Parking was $42, but the all-day rate nearby was $39, so better to use valet

Room Tip: Get a king bed
Green Features: By posting this review, they will plant a tree in my name...that's pretty green,eh?
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
Scott S, Owner at Orchard Garden Hotel, responded to this review, November 13, 2014
I'm so happy to hear you had a great stay with us! Iagree with you, many guests love our location, as well, and it's great to know that you took full advantage of all the attractions around us. If you're ever traveling back to the San Francisco area, I hope we'll be your hotel of choice again!

Bruce P
Front Office Manager

Been to Orchard Garden Hotel? Share your experiences!