“First time at Orchard Garden Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Book a Free Breakfast PKG
Ranked #16 of 235 Hotels in San Francisco
GreenLeadersGold level
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“First time at Orchard Garden Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2013

No negatives to report. I was in room 403 facing the back,no view, but quiet, which I had asked for. Everyone was pleasant. The bed was very comfortable. I appreciate the hotel is 'green' conscious. You could hear some muffled sound on occasion from adjoining room but not bothersome. It's a nice clean hotel, easy walk to Union Square and city transit. Will stay here again when I return next year to see my cousin.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Quinn M, Front Office Manager at Orchard Garden Hotel, responded to this review, December 21, 2013
Thank you so much for the very kind review and commending us on our efforts to be an eco-conscious Hotel. I am pleased to read that the comfort and quietness of our property met your standards. It sounds like you enjoyed San Francisco, it is nice to have a family member or friend to play tour guide to lead you to some of the less popular places but equally great destinations. We look forward to your next trip out for the small family reunion.
Best,
Quinn McEntee

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (160)
Stockton, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2013

Made my reservation thru Hotels.com. Upon checking in, the clerk confirms the reservation was for one night. I told her that is was incorrect. She began to give me attitude and told me to take it up with Expedia (who owns Hotels.com) I provided her with the internet confirmation showing the correct dates. She was not persuaded to change. However, her manager or concierge (really don't know what he was) had heard the exchanges between the clerk and me and swiftly took over the checking in, corrected the dates on their computer and essentially fixed it. We got our room keys and off we went. From that moment on, the hotel staff (other than the check-in clerk) went far and above. We got great suggestions for restaurants. I had a problem with the safe in my room, within 5 minutes, the IT guy was there took care of it. I sleep late in the mornings so I placed the do not disturb sign on the door. About noon, housekeeping called and left a message to see If I needed or wanted service. Can't say enough good things about this hotel. It is on Powell and central to everything. Will definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Stayed in #210 so it did not face Powell and the cable cars.
Green Features: The hotel is LEED certified ((Leadership in Energy & Environmental Design) certification for an existing building by the U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC)
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Quinn M, Front Office Manager at Orchard Garden Hotel, responded to this review, December 14, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with us. Although I am very pleased to read that your stay concluded on a positive note, I am so sorry for the inconvenience during the introduction. I will use your feedback as training material to avoid similar occurrences in the future, and to ensure this scenario does not happen again. Fortunately it was remedied swiftly and you were able to enjoy your vacation. I am equally happy to read we were able to get pointed in the right direction to some good eats. One of the nicest factors of the location is all the delightful cuisines to choose from.
Please feel free to contact me the next time you visit San Francisco. I would be more than happy to personally take care of your future reservations to minimize any confusion.
Kind regards
415-659-0343
Katy, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2013

It isn't fun to be away from home on Thanksgiving but if you must, this hotel will help you remember that there are many things to be grateful for: 1) Friendly folks 2) A clean environment 3) quite comfort 4) and a hot shower! I will be happy to return to this hotel ANY day of the year!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Quinn M, Front Office Manager at Orchard Garden Hotel, responded to this review, December 7, 2013
This is such a kind review, thank you so much. You are correct; it is not fun to be away from home during the holidays, but I am pleased to read you found comfort here with us. Your list of criteria for a pleasant stay is spot on; thankfully we were able to provide the necessities of a comfortable stay. We are grateful for amazing guests such as yourself and you are welcome here any time of year.

Until then, Happy Holidays
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2013

This hotel has everything: The friendliest, most helpful staff I've ever experienced at a hotel, exceptionally clean, beautiful rooms, and a fantastic location. Our room was on the 10th floor and featured a wonderful view of the city. Every day our room was serviced at least twice: As soon as we left in the morning, and again during the afternoon when the bedding was turned down and chocolates left on the nightstand. Every single day for a week the hotel staff was informative and amazingly friendly when they helped us with all our questions. Count yourself lucky if you're there when doorman Alfonso is working. He bends over backwards for all of his customers. Orchard Garden Hotel is an amazing place all the way around.

Room Tip: All the rooms are well apportioned and designed but the 9th floor rooms facing Bush street have priv...
Green Features: Outstanding! This hotel is highly environmentally friendly.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for the excellent review. I shared your feedback to the rest of the team and the owners after we spoke in the lobby, I will make sure your comment here is shared as well. I feel very fortunate to work with such a passionate team, dedicated to hospitality. I can honestly say all of us here from the back of the house to the front, we enjoy what we do and I feel it shows in the service we provide. As I mentioned before, Alfhonso is actually one of the newer members to our team and has quickly become an asset to our success. We would be delighted to have you stay with us again soon.
P.S. the holiday decorations are finished , they look great.

Happy Holidays
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2013 via mobile

Hotel is clean, staff are friendly and helpful
Small but functional gym.
Restaurant is pricey and mostly not used by guests, though food seems good.
Could not have had a better location.
Chinatown next door, in factthe Gate is 50 yards away. Union square where Macey's and other shopping is, a few minutes away. Eating places by the bucket.
Easy to get to from the airport. 35 minutes by the BART system at $8.25 a single ride.
Free wifi in the hotel. 9/10. Weather fantastic!
Not really a bad thing to say about it

Tv i

Thank you so much for sharing your experience and spending the holidays with us. We are thrilled to read your stay was a pleasurable one. I could not agree more regarding the location. There really is so much to do from sightseeing to shopping and my favorite, eating. I am pleased to read you were able to take advantage of the public transportation. The BART train is very convenient and kind of adds to the excitement of a vacation. We look forward to your next visit to San Francisco.

Best
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013 via mobile

We were staying at another hotel around the corner but the noise was unbearable. Found this on Trip Advisor & wasn't disappointed. Friendly, clean and good value. If we go back to SF this would be my first choice. The only downside was no restaurant at the hotel, although there are lots of places near you to choose, it might be a nice idea if perhaps the hotel gave you a list of their selections. Given the lovely hotel, I'd trust any recommendation they made. Book now, you won't regret it.

• Stayed November 2013
Quinn M, Front Office Manager at Orchard Garden Hotel, responded to this review, November 28, 2013
Thank you so much for the stellar review, we truly appreciate your feedback. I am sorry to read that your San Francisco trip started off rocky but pleased to hear you were able to eventually find some quiet night rest. I also regret the restaurant was closed during your stay, the cuisine is quite tasteful, it is a shame you did not have an opportunity to indulge. At least you have a reason to visit us again. As you mentioned there are lots of restaurants of many different cuisines within walking distance. I am glad you got to try some of them. Thanks again for your kind words and we look forward to your next trip out.
All the best,
Vermont
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013

Great service, friendly staff, great location, beautifully decorated rooms. An oasis in this bustling city. Highly recommend for anyone. Right outside the gate to chinatown and a few blocks to union square

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Quinn M, Front Office Manager at Orchard Garden Hotel, responded to this review, November 27, 2013
Thank you so much for the great review, we truly appreciate your kind words and compliments. It is surprising how calm and quite it can be inside the property when there is so much happening just outside the front door. All of us here look forward to your next visit to San Francisco.
Kind regards
Front Office Manager

Been to Orchard Garden Hotel? Share your experiences!