“Casa Buena Rental- An Awful Stay in San Fran” 1 of 5 stars
Review of At Home Rentals San Francisco

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
At Home Rentals San Francisco
You added At Home Rentals San Francisco to your Saves list
126 Fillmore Street, San Francisco, CA 94117   |
sarasota
“Casa Buena Rental- An Awful Stay in San Fran”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2008

We stayed at the Presidio 4 br. apt. on Jackson St. from Casa Buena Rentals and were extremely disappointed. There is no lock box so you must first retrieve the keys from Jan (the owner) personally across town. The apt. was purchased recently from an older lady and all of her furniture and decor was left in the house for rental use.
The blankets were actually disintegrating on my son's double bed. I thought that he had tracked in sand from the children's park but the blanket was rotting.
Any drawer we opened had a musty moth ball odor and as you entered the apt. you were enveloped in a musty smell.
The kitchen has NO dishwasher, but it does have a new gas stove that has a gas leak. When you enter the kitchen from the hall there was a strong odor of gas. After telling Jan about the situation, he said he was sorry but he couldn't smell any gas.
We were assured there would be internet service, wifi, and tv cable. Upon arrival none of these were functioning. It took 4 days to get partial service of any of the above.
The electricity was out one night as we came home. After calling Jan he asked me to go down two flights of pitch dark winding basement stairs to find the circuit breakers.
Jan was at times friendly and then quite rude and belligerent. We would not recommend this apt to anyone.
The address is fabulous, but the facility is awful.

Stayed July 2008

Couples
Solo
Business
atlanta
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2007

Booked for rental of a suite in a home through website and also called and verified reservation for suite rental. Never received e-mail confirmation or phone call from company agent. A week before date reserved after finally calling company several times was told not available and had to find another place on a busy weekend in San Francisco for hotels. Do not rent from this company if at all possible, very unproffessional and unreliable. Take it from me, learned from experience and do not want others to have the same problem and be left in the lurch with nowhere to stay. Never experienced this from any place hotel or otherwise for reservation, most at least follow-up with e-mail that was given at time of reservation online.

Stayed September 2007
san francisco
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2006

I love At Home Rentals in San Francisco!!!
It's an adorable historical building (built 1902 I think- pre-earthquake!) that has a european pension feeling, in a safe, clean, comfortable environment! It's ideally located, right on Fillmore street, a block away from delicious and chic Cafe Du Soleil, and a block or so from a cute little park. The two bathrooms are shared between four or so rooms, but they're extremely fresh and clean, and the price is absolutely unbeatable! I think it's around $70 a night, but they give a great discount for stays of a week or more, so it ends up being more like $55! The owner is really nice, and all the other guests that stayed there were really interesting, but because I had such a nice room (they all have locks on them, by the way) I didn't have to mingle if I didn't want to. Plus, since there's a full kitchen and space to store food, I saved more money because I didn't have to eat out for every meal! It was wonderful. I strongly reccomend it to any savvy traveller!

Been to At Home Rentals San Francisco? Share your experiences!