“Service is terrific” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Nopa is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #102 of 5,102 Restaurants in San Francisco
Cross street: Hayes
San Francisco, California
“Service is terrific”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2014

Been wanting to try this place for a long time. My daughter recently moved into this neighborhood and as we were exploring - we stumbled upon it. Our good luck. Had a great dinner - albeit expensive$$$$ - but it was a special occasion and every one enjoyed it. The grilled broccoli was great as was the warm goat cheese appetizers. Our entrees were also delicious including the chicken, pork chop, canneloni, and the steak. The service was extremely attentive. Took care of everything and was pleasant and you could see she was working super hard - although she did not seem frazzled. The only negative was the wine selection - just didn't have a lot of choices that worked for me.

• Visited February 2014

Fresno, California
“Sit at the chefs bar”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2014

If you sit at the chefs bar you can see how all the action goes down and it makes you appreciate your plate even more. I think it made the food taste better too. Also there's a bi-rite just next door for yummy ice cream if you've still got room. But I have to say everything was outta this world de-
lish!

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
San Francisco, California
“Comfy Brunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014

First time here. Went for Sunday Brunch. Had the Brussels Sprouts, Poached Egg, Tasso Spiced Ham and Horseradish Cream. Very hearty and filling. Opened up with Goat Cheese Bread Pudding – Grapes and Upland Cress and Gem Salad. Shared with my two other guests. Ended with Chocolate Pot de Crème – Lavender Crème Anglaise and Buckwheat Cacao Nib Cookies and Trio of Ice Cream, Sherbet and Sorbet – Snickerdoodles. My guest had the Custard French Toast – Caramelized Apples and Maple Butter and Soft Scrambled Eggs –Bulgur, Spiced Chickpeas, Jasmine Rice and Parsley. All very good. Staff very friendly and knowledgeable. Next time, dinner it is

• Visited February 2014
Florianopolis, SC
“Best in town”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2014 via mobile

Great food, staff and atmosphere. I loved this place. Menu changes everyday, so everything is fresh and tastes amazing. They also offer late night dinning, which is a great plus. When I saw that they were open until late I was a bit afraid that the food wont be that good - most places that offer late night dont serve good quality food, but I was sooooo wrong. Everything in Nopa is great, the food, the staff, the place. Definitely a must go!

Visited January 2014
Boston, Massachusetts
“Good Final Dinner in SF”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2014

After trying Nopalito for my first meal on a recent weekend trip to San Francisco, I ended up at Nopa for my last. The restaurant has a great upscale yet relaxed atmosphere with an open kitchen in the back, by which I was seated. The meal was quick because I had a flight to catch, but the amuse bouche and pasta course I indulged in were both excellent. I would certainly return on my next trip.

• Visited October 2013