“Great locals restaurant” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Terzo

Terzo
3011 Steiner St, San Francisco, CA 94123 (Marina District)
(415) 441-3200
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Terzo is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #501 of 4,597 Restaurants in San Francisco
Cross street: Union Street
Transit: 22 Filmore & 45 Stockton
“Great locals restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

We were recommended to come to this restaurant by a local photographer and it turned out to be a real gem. Really busy on a Thursday night - we we were lucky to get a table straight away - which shows you how popular it is! Great atmosphere and all of the sharing plates were great, but a special mention has to go to the flourless chocolate, which was to die for! We were surprised at how reasonable the price was too, as the whole bill came to $130 including wine. We'll definitely come back here next time we're in San Fran!

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Redwood City, California, USA
“Great food and great atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Went here for a double date and was very impressed--the small plates were all great and the ambiance of the restaurant was very nice. Definitely recommend it!

Visited October 2013
Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, Canada
“Terzo= An Unforgettable Food Experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013 via mobile

Recently my husband and I were treated to a most amazing meal @ "Terzo". Everything on the " Small Plates" section of the menu was delivered to our table, over the course of the evening, and it was one of the best food experiences that we have ever had. Each dish was absolutely delicious and left us anxiously awaiting the arrival of the next. Not only was it scrumptious ... It was FUN!!! By the way...The wine selection and desserts were equally as impressive and the service was impeccable. So... If you're going to San Francisco... wear some flowers, in your hair, and ... Be sure to reserve a table at Terzo!

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Just Shy of Great”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

I am eating (mostly) vegetarian lately after coming off a child-centric traveling diet that consisted of far too much beef, burgers, and fried things. Now that I am traveling alone, I am making up for it by consciously seeking out restaurants a picky, pizza-loving 11-year old would avoid like the plague.

Thus, I ended up for a late dinner in Terzo, a farm-to-table chef-driven Italian-inspired restaurant that looked promising.

Upon sitting down, I asked for some sparkling water and bourbon - and was denied a bourbon because the restaurant's bar is limited to wine and beer. No problem. The wine-by-the-glass menu was generous and I settled on a Nero d'Avola that was just fine.

A quick glance at the menu showed that there was many vegetarian or mostly-vegetarian options. I opted for two small plates - the hummus (the waiter singled it out) and the panzanella (I'm a sucker for panzanella). I also ordered a half-portion of the hand-pulled pasta.

The pasta was excellent. It was properly al dente, with a mild pesto, tiny but potent tomatoes, and tiny slivers of romano beans (a flat snap bean) cut on the bias.

The panzanella fell short of excellent because of the unnecessary addition of both goat cheese and black olives, which combined tackled and pummeled the brilliant heirloom tomatoes into submission - the cheese and olives added too much brine and pungency to the salad. Still, I ate every scrap, but I wished either the goat cheese or the olives were not in the mix.

Whereas the panzanella swung too far in the pungent direction, the hummus fell completely flat in the opposite way. Lacking any discernible acid to lighten and brighten it, this chickpea paste was overly thick and leaden. The house made pita that came with it were soggy: limp, useless tools for scooping up the "hummus". I optimistically ate less than a third of it until I concluded that no, really, this was a terrible rendition of a very basic dish.

For dessert, I decided to test the kitchen one more time by choosing the simplest dessert: chocolat chaud. This was served in a demitasse and was excellent, almost redeeming the failed hummus. I almost ordered a second cup, but restrained myself. Best to leave happy and almost full.

The restaurant itself was beautiful. The staff was friendly and service was spot-on: not too fast, not too slow.

Booked via OpenTable.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Princeton, NJ.
“Good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

Had dinner last night with another couple. Our first time there. We were very peasantry surprised as the outside of the restaurant does not reflect the stylish interior. The tapas were very good, especially the hummus and manakish bread, a typical lebanese specialty. The Moroccan chicken was delicious as well as the elbow pasta cooked al dente. The chicken skewers were very tasty, with a strong garlic coriander pesto. Don't skip desert as the warm apple crisp is wonderful. Service was very good, our waiter very knowledgeable about menu items. Valet parking is a real treat, $10 !
Overall, Great experience.