“Do not purchase over the phone, a "must see" first.” 1 of 5 stars

Twin Peaks Hotel
2160 Market St, San Francisco, CA 94114   |
Ranked #191 of 237 Hotels in San Francisco
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Do not purchase over the phone, a "must see" first.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

Recently I was trying to find an affordable stay in SF, never having heard of this property, I decided to call the property days before I arrived in SF. I called a few times, and was told for the special weekend, it was a three day minimum. I did NOT want a 3 day stay. Finally I found what I wanted elsewhere and decided to pop in at TWIN PEAKS HOTEL and look at a room,

Forget about it....the tiny 12 x 12 room, was so small, outdated, claustrophobic and had a window that looked at a wall and another room. NO Bath or commode in the room. NO WAY !!!

This was in no way appropriate for three minutes, much less three days.

So glad I did not give them my credit card for a three day stay !!

BUYER BEWARE !!!

***For the same amount of money, you can stay at a 3-4 star luxury hotel at SFO airport.(only 10 miles away) with a free breakfast.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo

Families
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2014 via mobile

If a shared bathroom is a problem for you don't book this hotel, however you will be missing a little gem of a place for the cost conscious. I saw some rough reviews before booking and they were a worry... But SF is a very expensive city. The rooms are recently refurbished, clean and comfortable. The staff and management charming and helpful. There is no parking, but a funeral parlour up the street (Sullivan's) who will do parking for 20 dollars a day provided that there isn't a funeral on. Great location, close to Castro. I stayed an extra week

• Stayed June 2014
Toronto
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2014

I stayed at the Twin Peaks for 2 nights. I came to check it out before booking a room since I had read some less than stellar reviews. Someone told me the hotel is under new managment now. Everyone at the front desk that I met was SUPER friendly and helpful! My room was small, but had everything I needed (bed, desk, tv, wifi, sink in room). There were a few holes in the duvet cover, but other than that everything was fine. Problem: When I looked out my window (I think I was Room 47), I could see RIGHT into the communal shower! I have no interest in watching people shower, but someone else might, so maybe wear a bathing suit if you don't want ppl to watch you. You can hear noise in the hallway very clearly but it wasn't loud at night at all (I stayed on a Thursday and Friday and my room was in the middle of the hotel). The bathroom and shower room were very clean. Cleaning staff very friendly. Overall not too bad for 80 bucks a night. Right next to the Church St MUNI station which was SO handy!! I also booked an airport transfer which was 15 bucks and came right on time!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
West Hollywood, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

I booked the Twin Peaks Hotel when the entire city was sold out due to a citywide convention. The only hotels available were creeping the $400 per day range, AirBnB was no better so I gave Twin Peaks a chance. It turned out to be great but you have to know what to expect. It's not a 3-star hotel but it's not hostel either. While most of the rooms are private, bathrooms are shared -- each floor has two bathrooms and 2 toilet rooms, they're both private but everyone on that floor uses them. I was pretty freaked out about that at first however, the bathrooms were very clean and in my 4 days at the hotel I never once ran into another person trying to use it at the same time. Pack your own shampoo, conditioner, toothpaste and soap because it's not provided (soap is but it's cheap stuff) or walk to the Walgreen's across the street and buy travel sized bottles. The hotel is kind of old and you are really only getting the basics but I didn't plan to spend much time at the hotel. Staff was very nice. Rate was great, $65 per night. The location is amazing, it's technically in Duboce Triangle but the whole time I thought I was in The Castro. It's on Market St., two blocks from Castro Street. The Church Street Muni stop is a few feet from the door and there are a lot of great restaurants, bars and vintage shops nearby. Room 39 smells like cookiedough but it has a great vanity area. I don't think the place is heated so if it's cold, make sure you bring warm pajamas. I work in luxury hotels and my standards are very high but I left this hotel after three nights, very pleased. I'd recommend it to anyone interested in saving some money.

Room Tip: rooms 39 and 49 are larger, 39 smells like cookie dough but the vanity area is better.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

If you have ever spent any time in Europe, this hotel is for you. The are no thrills. The rooms are small double beds with a shared bathroom (4 of each floor 2 shower rooms/2 toilets) they keep these so clean, I have seen then cleaners in there at least 3 times throughout the day and evening. A few rooms have their own bathroom, if you must have it. I find the gentleman who runs the twin peaks to be very funny and willing to help out with whatever you need. I have stayed their over 30 times in the last 5 years. You cant beat the price $69 a night versus $200+ for any other hotel in SF. LOCATION is what its all about, you can walk out your door and catch the vintage F line which goes all the way from Fishermans Wharf to the Castro (which is about a 7 minute walk) you can also walk to lower haight (5 minutes) upper haight (20 minutes) you can be in the heart of the mission (10 minutes) and 2 minute walk to Church st Muni stop, which can get you anywhere you could ever want to go.

Room Tip: ask for a room on the very end of the hall, they have a great breeze and only neighbors on one side
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Montreal, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2012

I was going to a car show in Pebble Beach and decided to head up to SF being it so close. I made the mistake of thinking I could just pop in the city and get a hotel. Well the only room I found was $429.00 a night and that was NOT in my budget. So I got on my lap top did some searching and came up with this place. Being Im a "Twin Peaks" tv show fan (No relation) I thought I would check it out. I had stayed at a place years ago like this in San Diego and it was a nightmare, dirty, roaches etc. So I aske to see one of the rooms before I said yes, the staff a little Indian lady and her husband were so nice and helpfull! It is not place to stay with your family, but if your in the city and with friends or your old lady and dont want to pay an arm and a leg for room this place is great! I mean hells bells how can you go wrong with $67.00 a night? The room was clean, and the bathroom I was a little nervous at first, was really clean, and private. They had someone on the floor cleaning all the time. You can walk right out side and catch the F Line Trolly right down to the Wharf! Or rent a bike they will let you store it in your room and ride to the Embarcadero, or wharf. Good stay for me, I have stayed twice now.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
San Francisco, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2011

My partner and I decided to move back to San Francisco and stayed at the Twin Peaks for 7 weeks. Since we had no jobs or an apartment it seemed to be a good choice. We rented one of the larger rooms in the far back for $325.00 per week. The room was clean and so were the community bathrooms in the hall which were cleaned, daily. There was an outdated TV with a few basic cable channels, the internet is not wireless, so be sure to bring a cat5/NIC cable. The signal is spotty at best and the connection is so horribly bad you are better off going to one of the cafes along Market street where there's free and fast wi/fi. If you are planning to stay there while looking for an apartment be sure you are paying always for two weeks in advance and keep doing that. If you are waiting to the last day they think you are checking out and will give your room to another guest. All in all not bad but not the Holiday Inn, either.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Twin Peaks Hotel? Share your experiences!