“DISAPPOINTING” 2 of 5 stars
Review of The St. Regis San Francisco

Save Saved
You added The St. Regis San Francisco to your Saves list
The St. Regis San Francisco
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   125 Third St., San Francisco, CA 94103 (Financial District)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #16 of 236 Hotels in San Francisco
“DISAPPOINTING”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2014 via mobile

Just like what the other reviewers had mentioned, service at this particular hotel is lacking. I called housekeeping to send earplugs (you can hear the cars at night) and toiletries (I made sure to mention shampoo, conditioner, lotion, facial wash). Guess what? The service person brought a toilet paper. Eh? The ANNOYING part there was that they called our room phone (ringer was loud) which woke up my sleeping husband. But I understand that the do not disturb sign was on. So can't really do anything about that. Anyway when I spoke to the person who brought the toilet paper I told him the same thing that I needed and he brought the items promptly. I figured it was not his mistake but rather the mistake of the woman who answered the phone. She was also ARROGANT in how she spoke. We stay in different hotels quite often and had NOT encountered someone who talked liked that. Hotel is a service industry and customer relations is very important.

This hotel also wants to charge hotel guests $20 to use the spa. Their spa is sooooo TINY and I only was going to use the steam for 10 minutes. I couldn't believe that they charge for that so I cleared it with the spa receptionist if they also charge hotel guest and she said they also charge $20 to hotel guests. We were about to check out in an hour so I decided not to use their tiny spa facility and pay $20 for it. Seriously, this doesn't seem like a 5 star hotel.

I had a great anniversary weekend in the Bay Area and that would have been perfect if only we had stayed in another hotel. We are Starwood platinum and the room upgrade that was given to us was so small, NOISY and had BAD views. I will definitely check the reviews first next time. We won't stay here again. Not for business nor for pleasure.

Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Anthony D, Manager at The St. Regis San Francisco, responded to this review, August 22, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for sharing your thoughts on your recent stay at The St. Regis San Francisco. I sincerely regret to hear of your experience during your visit and apologize on behalf of our entire team for the level of service that you received. We thank you for your loyalty as a Starwood Preferred Guest, and encourage you to contact me directly so that we may discuss the details of your stay.
Anthony.duggan@stregis.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (137)
  • Korean first
USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2014

Free Butler service that goes within 4 blocks of the property. So I do not have to go through the cold just to get a pair of socks. The butler got the socks from bloomingdales it was very helpful! Love the japanese restaurant there too.Thank you! Good stay.

Room Tip: be a member. get late checkouts
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Anthony D, Manager at The St. Regis San Francisco, responded to this review, August 26, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to share your review of your recent stay at The St. Regis San Francisco. We are delighted to hear that you were able to enjoy our Signature Butler Service and dine in our Ame restaurant. Please do not hesitate to contact me prior to your next visit as we hope to welcome you back soon.
Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2014

My family of 5 was promised connecting rooms and we received adjoining rooms. At first they acted like they didn't understand the difference. It is a big difference for a family with young children! Then despite fact that I was obviously very unhappy about it and they said they would try to find me another room, I never heard back from them in the 2 nights we were there. Also, for us at least, the butler service was nonexistent. My wife's thought was that they seem very engaged towards their business group guests and a family of out of towners like us didn't matter. I have stayed in the Phoenician, Breakers, Four Seasons, etc and never experienced a five star hotel that just didn't care about a problem situation before, with no follow up whatsoever. Just not right given the high cost. Nice property though.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Anthony D, Manager at The St. Regis San Francisco, responded to this review, August 20, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for sharing your review of your recent stay at The St. Regis San Francisco. I regret to hear of your experience upon arrival and sincerely apologize on behalf of our Front Desk team. I encourage you to contact me directly so that we further discuss the details of your visit and how we may improve your family experience.
Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2014

I was surprised that the St. Regis has a cozy contemporary modern feel. Great decor and elegant feel without the coldness.
Great place for couples and families. Near many attractions, shopping, entertainment, and restaurants. Make sure to checkout The Grove restaurant across the street for breakfast, Water Bar for lunch, Slanted Door for dinner.

Stayed August 2014
watertown, CT
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2014

The rooms are terrific and the lobby is refined but not overly stuffy. The bartenders are exceptionally skilled at making drinks and conversation. It is really enjoyable to see a bar staff that takes their craft seriously and seems to enjoy their work (Matt in particular)...although the manager does seem to lurk a bit. The doormen are similarly impressive. Unfortunately the concierge team seem to be beginners. In SF the concierge is critical because there are so many places to dine and the scene seems to change all the time. As an out of towner having a pro to guide us through that scene is a big part of why I pick a place like the St Regis. Unfortunately, we talked with three of the concierge staff and only one of the restaurants they selected was above average (Alta). Fortunately, the room service was excellent.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest,
We thank you for taking the time to share your review of The St. Regis San Francisco. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your experience in our Lobby Lounge and apologize for the restaurant recommendations that you received. Please do not hesitate to contact me at any time, as we hope to welcome you back to the best address in the near future.
Tel Aviv, Israel
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2014

Had a great experience from the moment I called Spg the parent company of this hotel, a kindly lady helped me get the best deal since we had three rooms for 5 nights. The rooms are very modern, wonderful amenities, towels, plush sheets, modern desk for working at - lovely bottles of shampoo and so forth. Anything I asked for they immediately saw too. No complaints at all about the actual hotel, which even has a great indoor pool. Well located. Had to wait a little while at check in - but they did offer lots of drinks etc - hotel was fully booked. The concierge staff were FABULOUS - mariah, david, antonia, caroline, very very helpful and pleasant. Downside: very costly room service, no proper restaurant to eat in, breakfast restaurant very snooty. All in all well worth the money and would definitely go back if only San Francisco would heat up a little.

Room Tip: join the starwood guest club because they have great benefits at many chains.
Green Features: As in most hotels if you don't want your sheets changed you leave a note and if you want the towels washed you leave them in the tub. Good idea.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
West Palm Beach, Florida, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2014

The hotel and the staff (especially Irma Gabriel and Karina at front desk - both of who really spent time to get my requests handled) and the concierge staff (who booked alcatraz and helped with transportation) really do a great job. The only downside is the noise- very loud because of construction during the week and festivals during the weekend.

Room Tip: stay away from the construction
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

Been to The St. Regis San Francisco? Share your experiences!