“Wonderful hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The St. Regis San Francisco

Save Saved
You added The St. Regis San Francisco to your Saves list
The St. Regis San Francisco
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   125 Third St., San Francisco, CA 94103 (Financial District)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #19 of 237 Hotels in San Francisco
Leipzig
“Wonderful hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2014

Booked via their website

Checkin: A little bit slow, had to wait for more than 10 mins.
Checkout: Quick and easy

Rooms: Nice room, lot of space, good bed, had a good sleep.

Spa: Very nice. Got here a wonderful massage treatment after a running race. Professional therapist, knows exaclty what you need after a marathon.

Breakfast: Ok, would say: That's American 5* hotel: Healthy, small portions, expansive...

Location: Good: Close to Moscone center.

Overall: Pricey, high comfort, very nice staff. When you can afford it, then go.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Anthony D, Manager at The St. Regis San Francisco, responded to this review, August 12, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to share your review of your recent stay at The St. Regis San Francisco. We are delighted to hear that you had a wonderful stay with us and that you enjoyed our spa, guestroom décor, and service. We appreciate your understanding of the delay upon arrival and hope to welcome you back soon.
Anthony.duggan@stregis.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (139)
  • Korean first
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2014

Wonderful hotel from start to finish. 5 star service.

My room was large, very clean, bed extremely comfortable, and love the rain shower head. I did have a problem with the AC but I called the front desk and they fixed it straightaway. Nice size desk for my laptop.

Location was convenient, quick taxi ride to the ferry building which is where we dined a few nights and Union Square.

Gym has good machines and there was no one in there the few times I went. There is also a Yoga studio (which I did not use).

Lobby bar is nice and great place to grab a drink and relax.

Service was excellent, pleasant and quick.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Dubai
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014

Nothing was too much trouble - from check in to the time of departure. Exceptional and consistent quality of service throughout.
Rooms very well appointed and timeless design.
Food quality and value excellent.
Gym is well equipped.
Stayed 3 times over a period of 2.5 weeks - a total of 7 nights , without any issues.

• Stayed August 2014
Anthony D, Manager at The St. Regis San Francisco, responded to this review, August 11, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to share your review on your recent stays at The St. Regis San Francisco. I am pleased to hear that you had a flawless arrival and departure experience, and that you enjoyed your guestroom amenities and décor. Please do not hesitate to contact me prior to your next stay as we hope to welcome you back soon.
Pottstown, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

From the curb to the room, service and amenities are superb. Rooms are beautifully appointed. Feels like a luxurious boutique hotel. The staff could not have been more accommodating and the food is top notch-farm to table fresh and creative. Great location too. Concierge service was terrific. Very nice gym, yoga studio and pool. Cool lobby bar.

Stayed August 2014
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to share your review of The St. Regis San Francisco. We are delighted to hear that you had a wonderful stay and that you enjoyed our food, amenities, and location. We appreciate your kind words about our staff and hope to welcome you back to the best address in the near future.
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014 via mobile

We come out to San Francisco every summer, sometimes in the Fall. The St. Regis has now become the only place we will stay at.

From service to location to Starwood perks, the St. Regis SF gets it ALL right.

Before we arrive, we get welcome emails that we are giddy with excitement anticipating our stay.

Kathleen Vidal the concierge is so knowledgeable and helpful with all things San Francisco. We have been to the city umpteen times but there are always new things and places to discover.

Daniela Cataldo has got to be my favorite St. Regis person in the whole world. She, in my eyes, runs the show and makes everything work like clockwork. She makes every guest, who crosses her path, feel like they're the most important person. She single-handedly turned my husband into the biggest Starwood fan. He now has gone from the Four Seasons, Grand Hyatts, etc, to staying at just Starwood properties.

After our two week stay, my daughter and I went on to Singapore while my husband is off to Beijing. Instead of the usual Grand Hyatt, he's very happy to stay at another St. Regis.

The exemplary customer service Daniela provides does not stop when you leave the property. We travelled to Venice this past spring. It being an important trip with my parents, I called Daniela for some help. We were staying at another Starwood property, The Danieli. Daniela, a native of Italy, helped us talk directly with the hotel and to us, we had the best treatment and the best rooms in the house. My parents, my husband and I will never forget her kindness. Grazie mille!

Yes, this hotel ticks all the boxes. It's sparkly, modern and gorgeous in a great location in San Francisco. We love walking to shops and restaurants that abound in the area. My husband loves walking to his office in the FiDi daily while we are in town. The location is safe. There is a seldom populated beautiful gym on the 5th floor with views for your workout. There is a indoor pool on the 6th across from heaven ie. The Remede Spa!

I could go on and on but it's all been said.

What makes this hotel special for us, like our 2nd home, is the incredibly high level of customer service. We are treated royally. Everyone we come into contact with from top to bottom greets us by name a day or two into our stay. Nothing is too much to ask. They stored bags, medication that needed refrigeration, froze ice packs for us while we took a few side trips. We loved the perk of the hotel car we took to dinner during the week.

The hotel was at maximum occupancy during our stay but you'd never know it. The staff remained friendly and unflappable. They always smiled and greeted us as we walked past the front desk to the elevators or down the hallways.

The butlers at our disposal went out of their way to take care of us all the time. Upon receiving our request for firm pillows, with perhaps nudging from Daniela, they went out to specially buy memory foam pillows for our use. My husband was very taken by the gesture like you wouldn't believe. Thank you Tom, Chen- Shih, Shane, Brando and the rest of the team. You all are wonderful. We are in Singapore now and my daughter realized she left a memory stick behind. Chen-Shih has been on top of things, calling us here with updates. Thank you so much.

Besides the service I have to mention our beautiful upgraded room. It has to be my most favorite space in the world and why I keep saying I could stay in SF forever! I love its modern, sleek, clean lines. My perfect highrise would look like this. I love our massive window views, especially at night when the fog rolls in. So dreamy. I miss our gorgeous room (#911) so much! Thank you to housekeeping for keeping the room immaculate and beautiful day and night.

Compared to almost every hotel I've stayed at worldwide, the gorgeous St Regis bathroom and its heavenly Remede Spa amenities are, hands down, my #1 absolute favorite. The gorgeous bathroom with TV, rain shower, bathtub with lovely bath salts make bath time a pleasure! The amenities from the spa are so sought after. My mother from Singapore asked me to buy her some items she got hooked on from our Thanksgiving stay!

It is truly a vacation, especially for me, when I come here. The hotel is my oasis in the busy city. I can leave it all behind to detach, rejuvenate and relax. We didn't think it was possible but, thank you, St. Regis, for making this trip more memorable than the last.

All this and more will keep my husband, daughter and I coming back to this wonderful hotel in
our favorite city. See you in the Fall!

• Stayed August 2014
Dear Valued Guest,
We sincerely appreciate your kind words about our hotel and our Front Desk and Butler Service team and thank you for taking the time to share your review. I am pleased to hear that you and your family had a wonderful stay with us and that you enjoyed your guestroom amenities, fitness center, and spa. We look forward to welcome you back to best address in the fall, but please not hesitate to contact me prior to your upcoming visit.
Minnetonka, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

Went for a three day get away and was very pleased. Staff was professional and friendly. Good location for site seeing and relaxing afterwards. Will definitely return !!! Good bar and restaurant inside the hotel.

Room Tip: Try to book a corner Jr Suite- Well worth the money
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Austin, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

Our family of five (myself, my wife, and our three daughters) had booked a room as part of a block of guests for my wife's cousin's wedding on Saturday, onsite at the St. Regis hotel scheduled for 6:00 pm. I confirmed that we'd receive a double bed room in a few days ahead of our arrival, which was the same afternoon of the wedding.

I called at 2:00pm that afternoon, an hour before the official check-in time of 3:00pm and the front desk told me they were finishing up our room, took down my cell phone number, and would call me when it was ready.

We arrived around 2:30pm, stepped up to the counter to check-in at 2:50pm and our room was still not ready. OK, we thought perhaps a few more minutes ... which ticked away, and away, and away! My wife went back and asked for our room because we had to get prepared for the wedding! While the desk personnel were apologetic, they tried to offer a handicap accessible room, which we did not want. Then they tried to blame the situation on the fact that we had booked a king room on the reservation block for which they had already written and confirmed we reserved. The clock is ticking past 4:30pm ... and finally we get our room keys!

We hurry outside to where our bags have been sitting on a luggage cart, tell the attendant that we have our room and need our bags immediately to prepare for the wedding, now about 1 hour away! We thought our bags would arrive on the heels of our entering the room, but NO ... again waiting ... so we started to prep the younger girls ... still no bags!

My sixteen year old daughter went back down stairs and found our bags had not moved! She was livid ... and finally got them to start moving the cart. It was 5:15pm by the time our bags came. I understand that porter was just doing his job, when he asked if he could set up our bags in any particular place or if we needed ice, or how to operate the room controls ... but at that moment our immediate needs were for him to get the bags in the room as fast as possible and to leave so we can dress for the wedding! We all rapidly threw ourselves together ... my wife having triple duty ... in order to arrive a few floors down for the wedding.

The entire experience of checking in was horrendous. From the call to confirm at 2:00 pm until we got our room and finally our bags! Not one of the hotel staff exhibited any sense of urgency for our situation. To appease us, they offered and we accepted to park our car onsite for a free night.

On an afternoon full of anticipation for seeing family and friends at the wedding and reception (also at the St. Regis) ... we went through a tremendous amount of stress from that check-in experience. We're seasoned travelers so we can and have handled the ups and downs of travel ... in this case, I had to double my normal 24 hour rule for posting a negative review, because I'm still fuming. A five star hotel such as the St. Regis should never have their guests wait 2 hours past their own published check-in time to access their room.

Room Tip: We were in room 618 which did not have a good view unless you like to look at the building being con...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Anthony D, Manager at The St. Regis San Francisco, responded to this review, August 8, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for sharing your thoughts on your recent stay at The St. Regis San Francisco. I sincerely apologize on behalf of our entire staff for the extended delay upon arrival to your room and the multiple inconveniences that were caused to you and your family. I encourage you to contact me directly so that we may further discuss the details of your stay, and how we may improve this unfortunate experience.
Anthony.duggan@stregis.com

Been to The St. Regis San Francisco? Share your experiences!