“What's not to like?” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Los Angeles
“What's not to like?”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

What's not to like about this understated but sophisticated, modern, world class hotel in SF? Great personal service. Great room amenities. Best, most intuitive,easy to use, bedside room controller I have ever used. My only complaint is that there is a bright blue led clock on the bedside controller which I could not find a way to dim. Probably my bad. In the end I dimmed it the old fashion way by throwing a pillow over it. I was on a high floor over the front of the hotel. The room was quiet and well insulated. That said I was still woken up once by some very loud noise outside the hotel. This is downtown SF. I don't think there is anyway to escape that. I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
William F, Manager at The St. Regis San Francisco, responded to this review, July 23, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to share your review of The St. Regis San Francisco. I am pleased to hear that you had a wonderful stay and that you enjoyed our guestroom décor, amenities, and service. I apologize for the inconvenience caused by the bedside light and appreciate your understanding of the city traffic noise. Please do not hesitate to contact me prior to your next visit.
Anthony.duggan@stregis.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (162)
  • Korean first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

My siblings & I recently visited San Francisco for the first time & stayed @ your hotel, absolutely "5 star!"
We arrived several hours early only to drop off our luggage, realizing we had a late check-in..."that's exactly when the great service began!" The Front-desk Agent wanted to verify my reservations "allowing us to leave our luggage," amazingly within 10-15 minutes we were in our suite, several hours prior to our check-in time. Laura Olaru was very informative & professional while explaining how the transit systems functioned, informed us of the various cuisines, tourist spots, museum etc. Later that evening after trekking the city, we entered the suite & noticed "a bottle of Cabernet, an exquisite cheese platter, a basket of tasty breads, St.Regis slippers, a printout of the weather & attractions, & lastly a hand written card welcoming me & my siblings!" Great job Laura Olaru, thank you for making us feel very special and giving us 5 star service!

DVB

Stayed July 2014
Dear Valued Guest,
We thank you for taking the time to share your review of your recent stay at The St. Regis San Francisco. We sincerely appreciated your kind words about our staff and the five star service that you received and we are pleased that you and your siblings had a wonderful stay. Please do not hesitate to contact me prior to your next visit as we hope to welcome you back to the best address soon.
Pasco, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

Stayed in January for 5 nights. Close enough to the Moscone center (5 minute walk) Staff were very nice and remembered our names, (somewhat) Very nice rooms and comfortable beds. They would clean your room after you left and turn down the beds right before you got back. Unfortunately sometimes the timing was a little off and they walked in while I was changing once and came in while we were there a few other times. It didnt bother me a whole lot but just be aware that if you don't want them to come in then put out the 'do not disturb' sign. Mandatory valet parking and sometimes we were waiting for that service.

overpriced hotel bar, you might almost laugh at the prices unless you are made of money (I am not) but then again with how much it costs to stay there a night you probably wouldn't even wink. my view was of a construction sight but I wasn't in the room much so no matter. Never went to the restaurant. there is a pool on the 5th or something like that floor but we didn't swim.

Would definitely reccomend if you are rich. If you aren't then dont go broke for the amazing service they offer.

Room Tip: elevators are in the middle of the building so rooms are equal distance from elevator.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to share your review of The St. Regis San Francisco. I ma delighted to hear that you had a pleasant stay and appreciate your kind words about our staff and service. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly prior to your next visit as we hope to welcome you back soon.
McLean, VA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

This was my second stay at the St. Regis and after the experience that I had two years ago, I really wanted to try somewhere different but my husband insisted that we try it again. (He stays here for business 1-2 times a year when in SF.)

The layout and the decor of these rooms was the best of any of the hotels we experienced in our summer travels in CA as well as overseas, it could be a five star experience if they can address staffing and technology.

Several of the service issues that I experienced last time (and made me no want to return) have been resolved (housekeeping, bell staff, concierge), but the WiFi is still ridiculously expensive, is of questionable merit and limits the number of devices. IMHO, if you charge for WiFi (which I don't think should happen for repeat guests anyway), you need to allow a decent number of devices (more than 2-3) to be connected at any time. If you are a single business traveler, you may have an ipad, iphone and a laptop and if you are traveling with family, that number can easily double. Requiring guests to log out of one device to be able to connect another (after making a phone call to technical support) makes this the most unfriendly process of all similarly situated hotels.

On this visit, we had excellent service from the bell staff and in the restaurant but the Front Desk experience was frosty. For example, I ran back to the room to use the restroom ahead of my family and upon arrival at the room, I found that our one key no longer worked. I went to the front desk and she called security (despite my name being on the reservation) to take me to the room to verify my ID and the quick trip back to the room became a 15-20 minute ordeal....no apology or reason why the key stopped working. Another technology snafu?

PS Just a heads up, if you are traveling with children older than toddlers, do not use the sofa option in the suite -- opt for a rollaway.

Room Tip: Corner rooms on higher floors are the best.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
William F, Manager at The St. Regis San Francisco, responded to this review, July 22, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to share your review of your recent stay at The St. Regis San Francisco. I am delighted to hear that you and your family had a wonderful stay, and appreciate your kind words regarding the service and our staff. I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused due to the key malfunction and encourage you to contact me directly so that we may further discuss the details of your stay. We hope to welcome you back to the best address in the near future.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

I was treated like the Queen that I am. The hospitality here was impeccable!! I'm a fan! No words! You have to experience the suite. I was able to relax prior to being on the go, again. Great stay!!!!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
William F, Manager at The St. Regis San Francisco, responded to this review, July 17, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for sharing your review of your recent stay at The St. Regis San Francisco. We are delighted to hear that you had a wonderful experience and that you were able to relax and enjoy your stay in your suite. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly prior to your next visit, as we hope to welcome you back soon.
Foothill Ranch, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

I had the pleasure of staying here complements of my work. I was sent for a conference which was taking place in this hotel. From the valet, to the concierge, the wait staffs, to housekeeping… all were courteous, friendly, helpful and cheerful. The room was large, spacious, quiet and very comfortable. The padded hangers were a nice touch. It was very nice to have the bathroom on the back side of the room itself, which allowed for the light to be on in the bathroom and not be shining in the eyes of those sleeping. The conference rooms were nice and a great place to host an event. The conference area had a comfortable atmosphere (air temperature) and came with a good continental breakfast. Pads and pens were provided; ice water and hard candy provided to keep your stomach from growling when the speaker runs long and keeps you from getting to that wonderful lunch. I would stay at this hotel again without question.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to share your review of your recent stay at The St. Regis San Francisco. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and appreciate your kind words about our staff, amenities, food, and décor. Please do not hesitate to contact me prior to your next visit, as we hope to welcome you back in the near future.
Belgium
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

the St Regis is a modern hotel in a good location.
rooms are more standard business class hotel than St.Regis NYC style; well appointed.
nice bathroom amenities from their spa.
my corner premier executive was noisy during the night (traffic), so earplugs needed.
pool is great. staff very friendly.
the breakfast was a big disappointment. ordered a bagel with salmon and their signature Mission & 3rd selection; and both had me cry; never seen such a below standard offering as this -I don't get this from a St.Regis. So I did as I was advised by my local friends: cross the street and take breakfast at The Grove.
a pity from the breakfast experience -I'll be back in September at the St. Regis and look forward to see if they improved on that. if that's the case, it will be a 5/5 review.

Dear Guest,
Thank you taking the time to share your review of your recent stay at The St. Regis San Francisco. I sincerely appreciate your comments and apologize for the noise disturbance due to the city traffic, and your experience with breakfast in Vitrine. I encourage you to contact me directly so that we may discuss the details of your stay and how we may improve prior to your visit in September.
Anthony.duggan@stregis.com

Been to The St. Regis San Francisco? Share your experiences!