“Top Shelf” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Seattle, Washington
“Top Shelf”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2014 via mobile

Better than the Four Seasons or St. Francis. It's expensive but the room quality and service levels are truly exceptional. Well worth it, particularly if you anticipate spending quality time in your suite.

• Stayed May 2014
William F, Manager at The St. Regis San Francisco, responded to this review, May 23, 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for sharing your review of your recent stay at The St. Regis San Francisco. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and sincerely appreciate your kind words about our staff and hotel décor. Please do not hesitate to contact me prior to your next visit as we hope to welcome you back soon.
William.fong@stregis.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (160)
  • Korean first
Honolulu, Hawaii
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2014

I stayed for 3 nights in one of premier rooms which are fairly large for San Francisco. It was expensive but the neighborhood is vibrant with tons of things to do in the mission area. Took advantage of the large and beautiful swimming pool. Had drinks in the wonderful bar on the main floor which was romantic. I requested and got the house Bentley to bring us to a nearby restaurant which was quite a treat. Staff were all wonderful. Definitely better than Four Seasons San Francisco due to the newer facilities and better location. Would be a wonderful place to live ( at the residence at St.Regis) if we live in San Francisco.

Room Tip: A regular room is large enough and comfortable for a couple with or without a young child
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
William F, Manager at The St. Regis San Francisco, responded to this review, May 21, 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for sharing your review of your recent stay at The St. Regis San Francisco. I am delighted to hear that you had an exceptional stay at our hotel and that you were able to enjoy our infinity pool, Lobby Lounge, & Bentley house car. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly prior to your next visit to San Francisco as we hope to welcome you back to the best address soon.
Miami, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

Our experience was good but not great. We got there after check-in time and the room was not ready, they were not apologetic at all. They offered to hold our luggage but could not give us an estimate as to how long it would take to get our room. For the inconvenience they could have at least offered us a drink while we wait...NOTHING! I did not feel very safe walking back to the hotel at night. I did not find the expense worth it!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
William F, Manager at The St. Regis San Francisco, responded to this review, May 16, 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for sharing your review of your recent stay at The St. Regis San Francisco. I sincerely apologize for your arrival experience at the hotel and encourage you to contact me directly to further discuss the details of your stay and how we may improve your visit.
Westlake, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2014

We stayed at the St. Regis on May 5, 2014. We were staying there on our first night of our 20th wedding anniversary. We were planning on booking two more nights later in May, while we were there. We were so excited because we have read good reviews about this property. We were contacted about 10 days prior to our stay to contact the concierge if we had any questions or requests. I wrote to the concierge and asked about some decent walking routes in different neighborhoods. The email was never acknowledged. The night before we arrived I googled walking tours and found so many informational sites, printed out some tours. When we arrived, I thought that they may have something for us printed out at the desk but no go. It took me a minute to do it myself, but why offer the service if they can't even acknowledge or supply the information requested? When the woman asked what brought us to the St. Regis, and we said "our 20th wedding anniversary" she said "that's nice". When the bellman/ butler ( he has no business being called the butler) brought us to the room, he did a poor job explaining the butler /ipad. We were very nice to him and tipped him $20 - he has only lived in the US for three - four months and couldn't answer any of our questions. We went out for the day on our own little walking tour and when we came back around 6pm, we inquired about the car service. I forgot to mention, that the hotel was not very busy. We told the concierge where we wanted to go and he was very unaccommodating when he realized that the location that we were going to, was beyond 2 miles (a whole .5 miles farther) away from the hotel. He said no, too far and we should get a cab. He didn't even begin to talk to us about trying to make it work etc., He was useless. Not at all conversational.

I don't get the appeal of this place I don't recall any special amenities other than a mini mouthwash botte, a nail file and some cotton. Oh -- thanks for the two bottles of water. Even turn down service was very "un-special".

I just recalled the moment when we finally gave up on this place: It was when we were checking out.
We approached the woman at the front desk and she said " oh - you don't have to stop by and check out, you can just leave" and we said, " we know" and she said "bye, have a good week" Not - the normal "how was your stay" etc - just "bye" I actually stared at her and then we walked towards the valet and I said to my husband, "I am going back to look at her name tag and get her name, we are writing a review of telling the manager how lame the service is here"…Guess what? I walked back and looked at her and she didn't have a name tag on. And she just looked at me. No, "Can I help you?" Nothing. A huge joke.

Room Tip: We were on a high floor and it was fine. The best way to choose a good room is to stay somewhere els...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,
On behalf of our entire hotel staff, I sincerely apologize for the service that you received during your recent stay at The St. Regis San Francisco. I regret to hear that we were not able to provide you and your husband with a wonderful experience during your special anniversary. Unfortunately, during that time we did have some technical difficulties with our pre-arrival surveys and therefore did not receive your request for city walking tours. It does not excuse your subsequent interactions though, and for that I am deeply sorry. I encourage you to contact me directly so that we may discuss the details of your stay and how we may improve your experience.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2014

This is the first time I am writing a review about a place just after check-in. This is my 4th stay St. Regis and it's always worth the expensive rate. The moment I walked in and headed to the check-in, the check-in agent greeted us and informed me that I was upgraded to Grand Deluxe Room because I am an SPG Gold member. He also informed me that the crib for our infant daughter is already in the room. In addition, he asked about the ages of my children and as soon as we got to the room, he sent some gifts to the kids. The person's name was Mark Bailey and he was outstanding and very courteous. Thank you St. Regis SF. I am looking forward to the rest of my stay and am confident it will be amazing.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your review of your recent stay at The St. Regis San Francisco. We sincerely appreciate your continued loyalty as a Starwood Preferred Guest and your kind words about our Front Office team. I am delighted to hear that you and your family had a wonderful experience at our hotel, and I hope to welcome you back in the near future.
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2014

We were in San Francisco in March for 2 nights & chose the St Regis as a birthday treat. We booked an Astor corner suite & were upgraded on arrival, which was a lovely surprise. We had a beautiful, spacious one bedroom suite with a huge sofa, open plan dining area & separate dressing area. Perfect! We loved the city views & even though there was some construction work going on opposite, the building did a pretty good job of keeping the noise out. The location was also perfect for us. Great for a stroll to Union Square & a short taxi ride (or the house car if you can get it) to most places. The hotel organised a driver to take us across the Golden Gate Bridge. He was absolutely excellent, offering to also stop at a viewing point to take photos of us which we really appreciated. The St Regis spa is also beautiful. Initially, the spa receptionist on duty wasn't particularly helpful when we tried to book a treatment with our spa credit, but the main reception were very swift to sort this out & book a mud wrap for me the same afternoon. We had room service breakfast on both days which was of a high standard & arrived very quickly. The bar downstairs in the lobby was also cool & busy with a good energy. All in all we'd definitely return if we have the funds! :)

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2014

LOCATION:
- Super close to Moscone Center and a no-brainer if you're attending a conference there and have a generous expense account
- Also walking distance to Union Square and a short walk/jog to Embarcadero

FOOD:
- Ame is an excellent restaurant great for business dinners or romantic dates
- Room service is a bit on the pricey side (but this is SF after all so get used to paying $18 for a waffle) but fast and pretty good

SERVICE:
- This is where they get the five stars. A lot of hotels are okay but don't go the EXTRA MILE for you- that's where the St. Regis comes in. I left an item in my room and called about it and at first was told it was not found, but I KNEW I left it there so Mark (the night manager I think?) personally got in touch with the housekeeper who cleaned the room and lo and behold- it turned up and he had it FedEx'd to me next day and even had someone call a few days later to make sure I had received the package.
- Valet service prompt and will have your car pulled up with a bottle of cold water in a few minutes
- Everyone greets you with a smile and asks if there is anything they can do to help you- it started raining one day and they just handed me an umbrella and asked if I needed help with transportation

SPA:
- Awesome Remede Spa where I got a prenatal massage which was heaven! When I first called and asked for an appt at 10am, they said they didn't have anyone available until noon but then called someone in and got me in at 10am and she gave me such a good massage I had to be peeled off her table.

ROOMS:
- I was in a corner room (not a suite) and it was plenty spacious for 2 people. Linens are top notch and huge tub for soaking was a plus.
- Rainshower is impractical and water pressure was bad- wish there was a separate wall spout instead of the handle which I had problems adjusting for proper height
- Motorized shades so you can block out the city if you need to. HINT: if you are a light sleeper ask for a higher room on the side of the hotel facing the interior instead of Third St.

OVERALL:
- Great location, superb customer service, and luxury all around- if you can afford it, definitely stay here!

Room Tip: ask for a quieter room that does NOT face third street (if you are a light sleeper)
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
William F, Manager at The St. Regis San Francisco, responded to this review, May 9, 2014
Dear Guest,
We appreciate sharing your review of your recent stay at The St. Regis San Francisco. I am pleased to hear that you had a wonderful visit with us and would like to thank you for the kind words about our staff and the service that you received. Please do not hesitate to contact me prior to your next visit as we hope to welcome you back to the Best Address in the near future.
William.fong@stregis.com

Been to The St. Regis San Francisco? Share your experiences!