“What ever you do, avoid the South Side” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The St. Regis San Francisco

Save Saved
You added The St. Regis San Francisco to your Saves list
The St. Regis San Francisco
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   125 Third St., San Francisco, CA 94103 (Financial District)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #16 of 236 hotels in San Francisco
Sonoma CA
“What ever you do, avoid the South Side”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

Generally, I like the St. Regis hotels although they are pretty pricy. This one is no exception. The ambience is lovely. The rooms spacious and the service excellent.
We booked just one night to celebrate my wife's birthday. We were upgrade to an amazing suite with a full living room and even a dinning table. The suite would have had great views if it was not for the construction site next to the hotel which is part of redoing the Modern Museum. But the noise from the construction of unbearable. I had to ask for a downgrade on the other side of the hotel. There room was much smaller but it was quiet. What I can't imagine is that they actually sell the suite and for about $1,200 a night. Hotel's should let you know in advance about this kind of thing. They are of course not responsible for the noise but they are responsible for informing their customers in my opinion.
Everything is very expensive but I knew that going it. But I do expect quality for that. The breakfast was really disappointing for instance.
Bottom line, I would go back but will be more careful about making sure I get a quiet room.

Room Tip: Get on the park view.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

686 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (119)
  • Korean first
Los Angeles, Ca
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

We have stayed here many times. The beds are very comfortable. The bathrooms have a separate bathtub and shower. I have also stayed in some of the suites which are lovely. I like the 10 series deluxe rooms because I don't like the bathtub that opens to the bedroom with the shuttered enclosure. The 10 series also has a separate dressing table area.
The bar is gorgeous and a hopping place.

Room Tip: Ask for a room where you won't hear the noise from construction of the museum.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
William F, Manager at The St. Regis San Francisco, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
Dear Guest,
We appreciate your review of The St. Regis San Francisco. I am delighted to hear that you enjoy our guestroom décor, amenities, and the atmosphere of our Lobby Lounge. Please do not hesitate to contact me prior to your next stay, as we hope to see you in the near future.

Singapore
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

I booked a Premier Corner Room at the St Regis San Francisco, having stayed here before a few times before. I managed to negotiate a special pre-paid rate with the reservations manager. Unfortunately, the hotel over-charged to my credit card by a significant amount and did not even realize it until I raised it with the revenue management supervisor! Hence, there was the hassle of having to credit back the amount to my credit card. That took a while to sort out.

Upon arrival at the hotel, I was allocated a room that was NOT the Premier (Corner) Room, but one category lower! I did not even realize this until I checked on the hotel website and verified with the front desk receptionist. No apology was given and all that was communicated to me was that there was a mistake and misunderstanding on their part.

This is supposed to be a professionally run and managed hotel and its the St Regis for goodness sake! I was quite shocked and very disappointed with the entire series of mishaps and errors. After having stayed in this hotel twice before, I doubt that I will ever return again. The errors made leave a very bad "after taste", and I would caution anyone who is looking for a high end hotel to stay here.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
William F, Manager at The St. Regis San Francisco, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for sharing your experience with The St. Regis San Francisco. I sincerely apologize for the payment problems prior to arrival and the miscommunication with your guest room upon check-in at the Front Desk. While we did adjust your folio to reflect the lower room category, I understand that you were looking forward to the Executive Premier room and were not alerted to the change. I hope that you will allow me to continue this conversation with you directly, so that we may further discuss the details of your stay.

Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

The St. Regis is a beautiful Hotel. It is well located, hip, clean, without being pretentious. It is exactly what you would expect for the price. The service was excellent, best described as attentive but not smothering. We did not have a drink at the bar in the lobby but it was busy and looked appealing.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

We just returned from a wonderful 10 day stay at the gorgeous St. Regis in San Francisco.

My husband had just completed a Starwood platinum challenge. Since there was no special treatment at the last Starwood property in London, he was pretty irritated he did it. Unconvinced that this is how he should be rewarded, I talked to the nice lady at check in. She said that she was going to change our minds about the Starwood Platinum plan.

We were upgraded to a beautiful executive room with a bath tub that looked out to the room full of wrap around windows. The only unfortunate thing was ...............the jack hammer that started at 7am! We were a little perturbed that no one mentioned it when I called to book the room. It was mentioned at check in but I thought it would be after mid morning. Not so. They start daily at 7am and this will go on for another 2 years, I believe. They are reconstructing the museum next door. Ughh!

So back down to the front desk to talk to my now, good friend, Daniela, who I found out at the end of our stay was the general manager. She is Italian, efficient and very personable. She did everything to make us happy. We were so sad to move from our beautiful room but the upgrade to a suite on the quieter side of the building had to be it for now. We could not deal with the constant jack hammering. It was pretty unbearable. Funny thing was it was more audible from the room than it was from the lobby. The view in our new suite wasn't too exciting but being high up, it was quiet and serene. Peace was what we needed. At night when the fog rolled in, it was pretty magical.

The suite: What can I say about perfection. This would be my perfect apartment in the sky. It was slick, modern and spacious with just the right touch of comfy cozy. The bedroom, living room and study area had floor to ceiling windows. It was bright and very cheerful. The pictures on their website give a pretty accurate visual on the suite. The bathroom with tub and shower was bright and beautiful. The amenities, hands down, are my most favorite in the world. The Remede Spa downstairs didn't sell all that we were given in our bathroom. Their huge, round, lovely smelling soaps, body wash with exfolitating beads, facial cleanser, superb body lotion, fresh smelling shampoo and conditioner all could not be purchased. I think the spa people said from time to time one can buy facial lotions or facial cleansers but they weren't available when I was there.

The concierge team was friendly and efficient. They were helpful in getting most (!) reservations. I find it unsettling that the concierge didn't alert me to the fact that a trip to Japantown could be quite nerve wrecking. It wasn't that safe and quiet seedy. She should have warned me especially since I was taking my daughter there.

The small pool was just right when no one was in there. If there were kids splashing around, it would get a little crowded and be tough to do laps. The spa was next door. I had a facial there and it was glorious. The gym was big and ample. It was almost always empty.

When I first asked the TA posters about the St. Regis' location, some complained about it being just off the highway and traffic being a little congested. We didn't find any of that to be a problem. It wasn't so bad. The location was safe, clean and pleasant for walking around. It would take me 12 minutes to walk to the ferry building.

Parking at the hotel, like all downtown SF hotels, is crazy expensive. There are many decently priced garages nearby in not-too-seedy areas. The pleasant Enterprise rental car company people near the Moscone Ctr have the inside track on where to park for relatively inexpensive rates.

All in all a wonderful stay. We love it so much we are taking my parents back there at Thanksgiving time. Can't wait!

And to Daniela, yes, you did indeed change our minds about the platinum program. We had a great stay. We appreciate your wonderful hospitality. See you again soon. A Novembre. Grazie mille per tutti!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,
Thank you for you kind review of your recent stay at The St. Regis San Francisco. We are delighted to hear that you had an exceptional experience with us and would like to congratulate you on your new Platinum SPG status. I appreciate your kind words about our Front Office staff and I am pleased that you enjoyed your Suite and its amenities. We look forward to your upcoming visit with your family during Thanksgiving and please do not hesitate to contact me prior to your arrival.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

Neat lobby not the huge ones at many large hotels. Location is excellent just a few blocks from both union square and the Moscone convention center. Our Deluxe room was well appointed with good service and large new bathroom. As the hotel is 20 stories but not large the rooms are close to central elevators with no long corridor walks. Has gym and lap pool

• Stayed September 2013
London
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

First off I must say while in the St. R it was a hotel as good as any in my experience however I left my kindle in the room and have been left with a bitter taste in my mouth as multiple mails to the hotel are yet to elicit a response. Were I in any doubt about where I had left the kindle I would not mention it however I realised in the taxi from the hotel that I had left it in the room and only a tight flight schedule prevented me returning. In any case I believe a response to an e-mail (and it has been over a week since my initial mail) is the least one would expect.

Thanks
John

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Been to The St. Regis San Francisco? Share your experiences!