“Welcoming” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The St. Regis San Francisco

You added The St. Regis San Francisco to your Saves list
The St. Regis San Francisco
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   125 Third St., San Francisco, CA 94103 (Financial District)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #13 of 235 Hotels in San Francisco
“Welcoming”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013 via mobile

At first I was caught off guard by the special attention I received from the minute I pulled up in the driveway but I quickly was accustomed to it. I will be measuring every other hotel I stay in against this one. I feel sorry for the competition.

• Stayed April 2013
William F, Manager at The St. Regis San Francisco, responded to this review, September 20, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your review of The St. Regis San Francisco. We sincerely appreciate your kind words about our hotel and hope to welcome you back the Best Address in the near future.

William Fong
Hotel Manager
415-284-4057
William.fong@stregis.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (143)
  • Korean first
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

I have stayed at the St. Regis in San Francisco several times & recently returned last week from another visit, which was perfect! I arrived early around 11:30am & May at the Front Desk very graciously upgraded my room & allocated a room that was ready, which was amazing! Thanks May!

I was in #1206 & loved my room! The view facing towards SOMA, the hills, & Yerba Buena was amazing, especially at night!-just stunning! I love the cool, sleek, understated feel of the entire hotel & the same is felt in the rooms. The dimly lit hallways are lovely & again, very sleek! My room had an absolutely incredible rain shower, a lovely deep soaking tub, the most amazing Remede Toiletries that have such a clean, mint scent, a perfect bed that was soft & very comfy, & plenty of added amenities that are very nice, such as a sachet in the closet, mouthwash in the bathroom, complimentary bottled Water on the desk, & evening Ice delivery (love this touch)!! I drink tons of Water, so this touch was especially appreciated! I loved my room- the overall feel was so nice & quiet. Plus, being on the 12th floor, I had plenty of sunlight streaming through & the remote controlled blinds by the bedside worked very well if I needed to dim the room. I also love the doorbell!

I had In Room Dining several times & each time my meals were so delicious, on time & delivered by an extremely refined & polite team of servers! My favorites included their Caesar Salad with a lovely creamy dressing, the best homemade Vanilla Ice Cream with caramel sauce, the daily blended Juice, amazing Gluten Free Toast, an incredible Lobster soup, delicious Pasta & awesome Grilled Chicken! Oh, & the Fever Tree branded Ginger Ale is the best I've ever had! I'm a huge fan of In room dining & the St Regis highly excels in this area! Very well done! Also, Claudia & Ali from Private Dining handle all requests very well & are extremely nice & efficient! Brent & Archie were awesome Private Dining Servers!!

David Mertens & Mariah from the Concierge desk are so nice & helped me a couple of times with questions regarding SF! Nice job! :) Dominick, Mark Bailey, & Katie from the Front Desk were all lovely & again, refined, polite & sharp!

I really love this hotel! The clean lines, amazing service, incredible food, amazing showers, fantastic toiletries, & lovely beds contribute to an amazing experience & I strongly recommend staying here if you can while visiting San Francisco! Well Done on all levels!

I Look forward to returning in the near future!

Warm Wishes,
Patrick Winkler

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for one night in September, room was very nice and spacious , bathroom very well equipped , view is beautiful , overall enjoyed my stay as you do you get more than other hotels at half the price

• Stayed September 2013
Milford, CT
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

I would start with positives: the service was outstaning, pretty lobby, interesting drinks and dishes in the main restaurant, and a nice pool.
Negatives: the room I stayed was on a higher floor, the writing table looked beaten up, the mattress was making noises at every move (thankfully we only stayed two nights), no ironing board (you have to request one), you cannot get your own ice, also prepare to call for this.... Overall after staying at St Regis Bal Harbour the standard was set high, but even older St Regis in San Juan was much more relaxing, I forgot to mention the annoying door bell at odd hours that I could hear in my room every few hours. The entire room reminded me an akward design of Palace resorts in Mexico where I believe the price per week is the price per day or two at St Regis, glass bathroom door and opened bathroom concept is not exactly classy. I am writing this review as I am sitting in not so new BH Four Seasons and even though the place does not have a "wow" factor as St Regis Bal Harbour, it is completely in a different class (much higher one) than St Regis San Francisco. I would not stay in St Regis San Francisco again.

Room Tip: stay in a different hotel
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
montreal, Quebec
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

St. Regis is by far the best hotel I've stayed at. The staff is super nice, Alway there for you. Close to everything. The lounge area is great for a drink with friends or family. I highly recommend this hotel if your budget permits.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

This was part of family trip to the San Francisco area. We had booked two connecting rooms but they upgraded us to a room connecting to a suite which was beautiful. The combined accommodation was large and luxurious and we all felt that it was really striking. All the room and bathroom amenities are beautifully done and the hotel is reasonably new. Service at check in and with the concierge was great and they were generally very friendly and greeted us with smiles and tried to assist and be helpful! One night they took us to our dinner reservation with their Bentley which made the kids super excited! The "Butler" was a waste of time as we only saw him once and they did not check in on us or do anything really so not sure what they are for. The location was amazing and very convenient to all. Breakfast was painfully slow in their breakfast restaurant is not great as a venue as it felt as an after thought rather than a real restaurant. Their Michelin star restaurant was OK and not amazing. However, all in all a beautiful hotel and a great experience.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Hopkinton, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

St. Regis is by far one of the most comfortable hotels I've stayed in. It provides a relaxing atmosphere from the minute you walk into the lobby. It was expensive but I shared the cost with a friend while on a trip to run a marathon. Great service. I would go back in a heartbeat.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends

Been to The St. Regis San Francisco? Share your experiences!