“True Luxury and Comfort” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The St. Regis San Francisco

Save Saved
You added The St. Regis San Francisco to your Saves list
The St. Regis San Francisco
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   125 Third St., San Francisco, CA 94103 (Financial District)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #19 of 237 Hotels in San Francisco
Miami, FL
“True Luxury and Comfort”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

First class hotel, first class service. This hotel, built in 2006, is incredibly well maintained and seems almost recently built. It is totally up standard with other top St Regis locations, such as Bal Harbour (Florida) or Florence (Italy), with all modern amenities.

As SPG gold, I was upgraded to a Metropolitan suite. Great suite with a dining room, perfect for in-room dining.

I was traveling with kids, but the hotel is perfect for business travelers as well as families.

Will definitely be back!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (139)
  • Korean first
Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

My husband and I were here on business for only one night, but wished I could have stayed longer. Check in was efficient and friendly. Our SPG status was recognized without prompting, and we were upgraded to the Astor suite. Butler services are included with the suite, and were fantastic. The suite was comfortable, large and had an excellent view of the city...Again, I only wish we could have stayed longer..I hear the spa is incredible!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
London, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

We last stayed at the St Regis in SF about 5 years ago and loved it. On this trip we decided to try it again. As last time we thought the hotel was simply fantastic. First the staff are all first rate and take a pride in their jobs, and I mean everyone from the valets, the doormen, the bell hops, the check in staff, the concierge, the butlers, the bar staff, the cleaning staff, everyone gave great service. Have to say however, the concierge gave us one piece of bum advice with a Japanese restaurant choice (Ozumo - see my review of this restaurant). The hotel is stylish with a sophisticated aire.

The hotel provides a courtesy limo, which is a Bentley, a real cool car. We loved being driven around in the Bentley, the vehicle still has the "new car" smell and is extremely comfortable. The drivers are also very good. The hotel will take you anywhere within 2 miles of the hotel, but as there is a high demand for the Bentley, and you cannot reserve it, you need to be down at least 15 mins before you need to travel to get in the queue for your ride - well worth it though.

The rooms are spacious, with a great bed and shower. The shower is a deluge shower which is quite powerful and the bath tub is deep and comfortable. The bath products are also first rate. The only problem with the bathroom was that there was only a single vanity unit, not a huge problem, but a minor inconvenience. The hotel bar is also a treat, with great ambiance, service, drinks and bar snacks, the vodka martini's were particularly good. On this occasion we did not have dinner in the hotel restaurant, but the hotel breakfast is really awesome and worth a try.

Can't praise this hotel enough, we will certainly be back.

Room Tip: Make sure you use the hotel Bentley, but be sure to get down early for your ride as you cannot book...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

This was my first stay at the St Regis San Francisco and I look forward to this being my go to hotel when I'm visiting the city. I traveled to the St Regis after 3 nights at Auberge Du Soleil and was worried that the experience would be subpar - my goodness no, I actually enjoyed it far more. Check-in was courteous, professional, and effortless. Any request made was handled expeditiously and warmly. Special thanks to Craig at the front desk who handled a small issue for us very nicely. Many tranks to all of the staff, housekeeping, valet, bar, and butlers who made us feel welcomed. I travel a lot and can honestly say that this hotel is a step above. Can't speak for all SR properties, but services here are outstanding. When I reflect back, it was how I was treated that made the experience so memorable - the human quality. St Regis Atlanata could take a note or two here.

The rooms are well maintained and kept spotless. Bed linens are wonderfully comfortable and the room temperature is easily controlled through an integrated climate, drapery, lighting system. Bath toiletries were fabulous and plentiful - thank you, i hate having to beg for more soap. We enjoyed the FHR AMEX package which afforded us free breakfast for 2 each morning (either in room or hotel restaurant, nice). The package also included a $100 spa service which I did not take advantage of - probably would have preferred a resort credit. Elevators were speedy fast. The updated lobby/bar area is very nice and I enjoyed lounging there each afternoon/evening. The location is perfect - far enough away from the hustle of Union Square, but an easy enough walk to it.

While exceptional, nothing's perfect - Room for improvement? Closet space. I read this in some of the reviews and thought, "how much closet space does a person need?" We'll, the answer I've discovered is, "far more than that". Better bathroom design in the basic rooms - they are excellent for a single traveler, but crowded for a couple. If I were in the W hotel, I would expect the efficient design, but not in a luxury hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Grand Junction, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

I had read the reviews of the extra noise of the street and building. We were given a room on the 17th floor and ask if we could trade for a larger room. I had read also on tripadvisor that up grades were not available for SPG guests. We ask and we were given a super nice room on the side with the construction for the MOMA. The construction guys were on my schedule, start early and go to bed when dark. Thai was a super find for us and mad us very happy. Next trip we will be back.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Paris, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

Had a great stay at the St Regis in San Francisco.
The rooms are a great size, the service is just fine, the food is good.... You have everything you need and it's clean and well kept. I would definitely go back and stay there next time I am in S.F.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

This is a gorgeous hotel located across the street from the Moscone Center (big park, fountains, small toy store). The rooms are larger and quiet. The upper floors offer a nice view of the Bay Bridge. Be sure to walk to Beard Papa's for a tasty eclair.

• Stayed May 2013

Been to The St. Regis San Francisco? Share your experiences!