“Beautiful Hotel!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The St. Regis San Francisco

You added The St. Regis San Francisco to your Saves list
The St. Regis San Francisco
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   125 Third St., San Francisco, CA 94103 (Financial District)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #11 of 235 Hotels in San Francisco
California
“Beautiful Hotel!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

This hotel is stunning. I only stayed one night, but it was a restful one. The hotel staff is very welcoming and friendly upon arrival. I stayed in a beautiful room on the 12th floor. The view was amazing. The room was spacious although I will note that I was put in a handicap room, but I assume the normal rooms are no different. The bathroom was huge, great walk-in, open shower and great lighting for make-up application. The bed was incredibly comfortable with nice linens and a down comforter and pillows. The best part of the room is that everything from the lighting to the alarm to the window shades is all controlled by a console next to the bed. Nice touch for sure. I used the gym (which is open 24 hours) and it was also above my expectations, lots of cardio equipment, free weights and weight machines. There is also a lap pool, although I didn't use it. I would stay here again in a heartbeat.

Room Tip: I was in room 1201 and it was perfect.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (144)
  • Korean first
Scotland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

Let me start this review by saying the St Regis in San Francisco has amongst the best hotel rooms I have stayed in, and I am lucky enough to stay in a lot of 5* hotels on business. They are very spacious, luxurious and modern and they get everything right from the overall ambience to the fine details. Loved the bed, the decor, the bathroom, the amenities and the staff with whom I interacted. Public areas and corridors are lovely too, and a special word for the breakfast which was expensive but outstanding. Other than the usual luxury hotel rip-off of crazy Internet charges, there was so much to commend about this hotel. So why the 3 star review? Well the purpose of tripadvisor is, I believe, to give honest reviews to help fellow travellers. I spent two separate nights in a deluxe room in the St Regis in June 2013 at the start and end of a business trip and think that over the two nights I probably managed about 3 hours of sleep. In truth this could have been a 1* review based on how awful the sleep experience was. The problem is noise from outside: on my first night on floor 18 I faced the (slightly quieter) Mission Street, but an all-night party on the roof-top of a building across the street went on until 5 in the morning (I actually have a short video of this with sound as the noise was unbelievable). It stopped soon after I heard sirens down below just after 5am. On my second night I was only on floor 8 but was on the very busy 3rd Street side of the building. I accepted the room because it was away from party central, and I was really tired and thought nothing would stop me sleeping. How wrong I was: the noise all night was dreadful - traffic, sirens, lorries backing up, people yelling and shouting (this area has a *lot* of bars and clubs).

Bottom line is: The St Regis is a terrific hotel but I could only recommend it if a) you are a very heavy sleeper, or b) you can secure a room facing away from either of these main roads. I would stay there again, but only if they could guarantee option b. I've stayed in many San Francisco hotels including the Hyatt right at Union Square and others downtown, but have never know a hotel with so much street noise intruding. Sorry St Regis: loved the hotel, hated the lack of sleep.

Miami
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013 via mobile

The last few trips my husband and I have taken we've stayed at the Four Seasons, but for some reason in San Francisco I had decided to book at the St Regis. I am so happy we did.
When we arrived to the hotel (earlier then our check in time) we were upgraded to a suite with butler service. The room was clean, modern, and extremely comfortable. Loved that the butler service came with a free dry cleaning service for up to 4 items. The living room area was great for visiting with friends.

The location was perfect and we were able to walk to amazing restaurants (like Benu) and down to all the touristy sites and to the ferry building, which we really enjoyed. The concierge was EXTREMELY helpful and was just really accommodating. He Made sure we had his card with a personal number to reach him, along with his email in case we were out and about and needed anything. He also gave us a card with taxi number as well just incase our feet started to hurt from all the walking. - Just small welcoming touches that made a difference.
Everything was top
Notch.
Loved our stay at St Regis in San Francisco and we will defiItaly be back.

• Stayed June 2013
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

Great Location, close to Union square shopping and the conference centre. Rooms, even the standard ones are great. Excellent layout, and nice finishes. Service is excellent apart from the in house restaurant Vitrene which I found generally polite but slow. Would only go to Vitrene on a weekend as few cafes are open close by. On a weekday give it a miss and head out for breakfast. Spa treatments are good and the staff excellent however the area where you wait before and after your treatments is below the standard I would expect. A room with some magazines and nibbles, not very "zen" and not worth going to the spa early for. One gripe is there was no iron in the room, however I'm sure you could request one. I didn't and was charged an arm and a leg for ironing.

Lakewood, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

OK it's expensive, but well worth every penny paid!

From check-in to check-out the service is absolutely impeccable! The hotel itself is well decorated and well maintained. The room was nicely appointed and the bed was great!

We ordered room service more than once and it was prompt and the service staff was very well trained and went that extra mile. The workout facilities were awesome and the spa was top notch. We made use of the house car one night as well which was fabulous!

If there was one nitpick it would be that the towels could be of a higher quality, but that simply is not enough for me to bump this to a 4 overall.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
William F, Manager at The St. Regis San Francisco, responded to this review, June 20, 2013
Dear Guest,
We would like to thank you for sharing your review of The St. Regis San Francisco. We are delighted to hear that you had an exceptional stay with us, and enjoyed the room décor, private dining service, pool, fitness center, & spa. We appreciate your kind words in regards to the uncompromising service provided by our staff during your stay. We hope to welcome you back to the “Best Address” in the near future.
Victoria, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

This was our second stay at the St Regis in 4 years and it was just as good as we remembered.
Very courteous and professional front desk staff, very polite and efficient bell and valet parking staff. The concierge was very accommodating with all our requests. The only complaint I have is there is very limited closet space in our standard room, otherwise the room was very comfortable, bright and roomy. Excellent shower with very good water pressure.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
William F, Manager at The St. Regis San Francisco, responded to this review, June 19, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to share your review of The St. Regis San Francisco. We are delighted to hear that you had an exceptional stay with us and enjoyed our guestroom décor and bathroom amenities. We also appreciate your kind words about our Front Desk, Concierge, and Valet staff. We hope to welcome you back on your next visit to San Francisco.
Charleston, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

Upon check-in, I was upgraded to a suite level room, which included the St Regis butler service. Unpacking service was offered, but I declined. Daily complimentary french press coffee was just a phone call away provided by the butler service. A very nice touch! The room size was large and there was enough space to host guests. Very impressive room automation via touch panel technology to schedule a wake-up call, control of the shades and room lights. Bathroom had a beautiful shower and tub. Hotel service was outstanding, as everyday passing by the front counter to the elevators I was personally greated by the staff who had checked-me in. A very special touch.

The lobby bar had a great atmosphere, and I would recommend to non-guests to experience. Breakfast was served daily at Vitrine Restaurant. The AmEx FHR rate included a $80/day credit for breakfast, which was adequate for two people. The property amenity was a $100 spa credit.

Overall, I would stay at this property again and will look for the St Regis brand, just an outstanding 1st experience!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
William F, Manager at The St. Regis San Francisco, responded to this review, June 12, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at The St. Regis San Francisco. I am pleased to hear that you had an exceptional experience at our hotel and enjoyed your suite and the amenities provided by our Signature Butler Service. We are also delighted that you were able to experience our Lobby Lounge and breakfast in Vitrine Restaurant. We appreciate your kind words and hope to welcome you back to our hotel in the near future.

415-284-4057

Been to The St. Regis San Francisco? Share your experiences!