“Wonderful” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The St. Regis San Francisco

Save Saved
You added The St. Regis San Francisco to your Saves list
The St. Regis San Francisco
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   125 Third St., San Francisco, CA 94103 (Financial District)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #15 of 236 hotels in San Francisco
San Francisco
“Wonderful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

This is what I expect from a St. Regis. A very new hotel South of Market that is tastefully done with excellent service. The whole place exudes a certain pleasantness and leaves you walking out saying "wow, that was a really nice hotel." Rooms were modern, clean and very nice. SPG platinum got an upgrade to an executive which had more space, a desk and a corner view. Lobby is well-done and cozy with a great bar and wonderful large gas fireplaces - I would be very happy to sit there for hours. Gym is nice and well-equipped.

Two minor nits: unlike Asian St. Regis hotels, the coffee in-room is not complimentary, and breakfast is a la carte instead of the amazing buffets I've seen at other St. Regis hotels, and not included with the room - again unlike other St. Regis. If you can swing this on your trip, do it.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

698 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (121)
  • Korean first
Los Angeles, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

The hotel added false and fraudulent charges to my bill without notifying me, after I checked out and paid the final bill. Even the original final bill had additional incorrect charges, but they corrected those. Then my credit card bill a month later had two additional charges after I checked out. They initially claimed one was for parking and the other was for a hold on the room, which would be charged back. Then, they switched their story and claimed both were for honor bar charges after I left (they never explained how the parking charge was on there, and it was two charges, and it magically transformed to one honor bar charge). The honor bar charges added up to about $455. It is a totally false charge, I had 3 items adding up to about $30 or so, not the long laundry list of alcohol they claimed. The system is set up so that instead of checking the honor bar when you check out, they "claim" to check it later and bill you for it then, without your knowledge. Having discussed this with many people, I am finding that other people have reported suffering false honor or mini bar charges as well. I wonder if the hotels set this system up this way to rip people off, thinking it will make it difficult to challenge. Needless to say, i won't be paying these charges and I won't be staying at the St. Regis again. In an attempt to placate me about these false charges, they offered me a "holiday" discount of halfoff, so I would only be half ripped off, I guess. Then, they offered me a free upgrade. Now, do they really expect me to go back, under any circumstances, to a hotel that has made false charges to my credit card and won't reverse them? I was willing to overlook the bungling of the bill and charges on the initial final bill and even the charge after the fact without notification, but i can't overlook them sticking by a false bill.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
William F, Manager at The St. Regis San Francisco, responded to this review, December 17, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your most recent experience with The St. Regis San Francisco. We are committed to resolving this issue and will continue to be in touch with regard to this matter. Please contact our Butler Services Team at (415) 284-4000 to further discuss your folio and your concerns.

Regards,
Manhattan Beach, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

This is our third time staying here. I'm a Starwood member so we always end up staying here because of the free wifi and room upgrade when available. Also out of all the other 5 star hotels in the city this one always has the best rates. When you factor that along the fact that the hotel is as an ideal location, rooms and facilities are clean, and service is great staying here becomes a no brainer. One negative comment I'd make is that the street noise can be a bit loud. They've always upgraded us to a room on a higher floor but we can still hear cars and sirens on a bush night. This may be the case for any hotel located near downtown though.

• Stayed November 2012
William F, Manager at The St. Regis San Francisco, responded to this review, December 12, 2012
Dear Guest,

The feedback on your experience at the St. Regis San Francisco is greatly appreciated, and I would like to thank you for taking time to review our hotel. We are pleased to hear that you are a member of our Starwood Platinum Program. We value loyal customers such as yourself and we could not be more delighted to receive a review from you. We are thrilled to hear how much you enjoyed our location, rooms, facilities, and wifi, and service. Again thank you for your kind words and we hope to welcome you into our doors again in the near future.

Malibu, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

This hotel is everything you would hope for. Beautifully appointed. Great comfort. Good restaurants and bar. Excellent location. And most of all, a superlative staff. We were treated with care and expertise by this wonderful group of people. I can't remember being this happy in any hotel and I plan to return whenever possible. Highly recommended!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Your kind words are very much appreciated and we thank you for taking time to share your most recent experience at The St. Regis San Francisco. We pride ourselves in providing exceptional service and we are happy to hear that we were able to create a memorable experience for you. We hope to welcome you into our doors again on your next visit to San Francisco.

Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

Great hotel, great location. Win.Win.Win
The lobby bar and tenders super phenomenal with crazy yummy cocktails. The sushi bar is also a wonderful experience, talk about fresh and tending to your every wish.

Super quick walk to Ferry terminal and Union Square. Have stayed in San Francisco many times and this will now be my hotel HQ

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
William F, Manager at The St. Regis San Francisco, responded to this review, December 6, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time to share your recent experience at The St. Regis San Francisco. Providing memorable experiences is what we take pride in, so we are happy to hear that we created an enjoyable stay for you. Your kind words are greatly appreciated and we hope to welcome you into our doors in the near future.

San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

If budget isn't an issue I would say that the St. Regis Hotel SF is a great hotel room! We had a corner suite on the 18th floor facing 3rd and Mission Street. The suite includes a long dining table, sitting room, separate sleeping room, and full bathroom with tub and shower. Amenities were high-end from their spa and the room comes with butler service which we used to have items pressed. Food and bar is excellent at the hotel. Conveniently located to the convention center, walking distance to Ferry Building and Union Square shopping area.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
William F, Manager at The St. Regis San Francisco, responded to this review, November 28, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time to express your feelings about you most recent stay at The St. Regis San Francisco. Creating memorable experiences that incorporates uncompromising service in a comfortable environment is what we take pride in, and I am pleased to hear that you appreciate our services. Your kind words are greatly appreciated and we hope to welcome you into our doors in the near future.

Bangkok
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

Disappointing. The rooms were nice but the hotel staff were well short of the St Regis standard and the hotel facilities were inadequate. I would not say that the staff were rude but they were condescending and stressed. The cafe had insufficient place for seating guests for breakfast and both restaurants except the bar lounge were closed for lunch. Won't be going back at $700+ per night!

Room Tip: The rooms overlooking the park have a nice perspective, particularly the corner rooms.