“5th or 6th trip” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The St. Regis San Francisco

Save Saved
You added The St. Regis San Francisco to your Saves list
The St. Regis San Francisco
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   125 Third St., San Francisco, CA 94103 (Financial District)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #15 of 236 hotels in San Francisco
New York City
“5th or 6th trip”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

We always end our summer trip to Tahoe with a stay in the beautiful St. Regis before heading home to NYC. We are a family of four and the corner suites work great for us. The hotel is beautifully appointed and well situated in the city.
We were only slightly disappointed with service this time as there were some delays and misunderstandings but hotel quickly responded once we pointed out our concerns. Concierge directed us to very good restaurant as well

Room Tip: The corner suites are fabulous with great views and enough room for a family of four. bv

686 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (119)
  • Korean first
Potomac, MD
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012

Nice hotel in an interesting location; near Moscone Center. We went for vacation, but the hotel really isn't particularly suitable for vacationing -- better for business travelers. Rooms are new and clean, although definitely on the small side and somewhat oddly arranged. Staff didn't really live up to St Regis standards. I called a couple of weeks ahead to ask for help with San Francisco Giants ticket and the concierge was definitely not helpful -- did not return my phone call, put me on hold endlessly, didn't listen to my request, acted like he couldn't be bothered (I thought this was his job!). In the end, I used StubHub myself and excellent results! Although the indoor pool was a nice amenity for children, the hotel itself did not do anything to make younger guests welcome. All in all, we probably won't be back.

San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

Outside of a few places in London or Tokyo, the St Regis San Francisco is my favourite hotel in the world. I've been staying here for years, and the staff is exceptional and consistent. Most of the staff remember me by name at this point, and the check-in is usually automatic. The next thing I notice, after a long trans-atlantic flight, is that the butler has unpacked my suitcase and the room has been dialed to the 9's, based on my profile. I just love this place. The location is perfect, the garden-facing rooms are incredible, the suites are a real treat.

Room Tip: Garden side is worth it.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Singapore, Singapore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

Modern rooms and the location is decent, but the overall experience wasn't 5 star. Staff were friendly although we were flat-out lied to about room upgrade eligibility - was told we were in the highest category non-suite room but there was at least one category up - and this despite being both a plat SPG & having booked under the Amex FHR program. Swimming pool was small and shallow, massage was amazing. Single sink, slow internet and a shower that had a hard time maintaining a constant water temperature were all issues I felt we shouldn't have to deal with in this category of hotel.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012 via mobile

The rooms are nice enough, but in no way worth more than Westin. The staff was rude, dis-engaged and the farthest thing from "customer service" focused I have experienced and I have traveled all over this country and am Platinum Starwood. Will not be returning.

• Stayed August 2012
usa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

Three perfect days at the St.Regis, San Francisco!
I arrived a bit apprehensively  to stay for the first time at the St.Regis San Francisco for a three night stay after spending some  quality time at the Hotel Bel Air and  staying as a repeat guest at the Four Seasons  in Beverly Hills where the service was grand.However, this  particular hotel far exceeded my expectations and  in my opinion was much finer in the way of accommodations and service .In fact after conversing with the outstanding front desk supervisor,Alan Yee at check in,I was made to feel immediately like royalty.Alan is a very skilled ,polished and well  seasoned hospitality professional.A rare elegance these days , which  seems to be missing in many  American hotels where management and operators seem to be more concerned with their bottom line  rather than hospitality or service to the customer and GUEST.
As a Starwood preferred  member and customer we were upgraded to an  ultra comfortable and spacious executive suite with nothing but the finest of furnishings and the latest of electronic gadgets.We were offered the services of a butler as well as  an unusual menu of luxury  baths in the large marble bath room with  offerings of Champagne,caviar and chocolates served by the butler.Very decadent and super luxurious if you want to  splurge and spoil yourself a bit.
The room's climate, drapery, blackout shades ,TV ,sound system ,and lighting were all controlled from a single  bedside touchpad.The bedding was outstanding a and I slept better then I have all  year at any other hotel. The restaurant and bar were superb as was the very chilled out yet luxurious lobby with its cool , modern and somewhat cozy, relaxing fireplace wall separating the room  and seating areas.The hotel is very well located and within easy walking distance to almost anywhere you would want to go to in San Francisco.The bell staff  ,housekeeping staff and concierges were superb and their restaurant and local suggestions were on point.As a frequent business and leisure traveller I rate this hotel a true five star and will be sure to recommend it to others.I would even go so far to say that this was my finest hotel stay of the year and I am a fairly critical traveler  and customer.
In fact if this is any indication of the St Regis  hotel group standards, I am most certain that it will  now be my first choice in the luxury hotel category surpassing my Four Seasons preference and recent experience.I look forward to returning .Off to the next destination.......
Thank you for exceeding expectations!

Room Tip: Ask for a city view
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

We took a weekend getaway to SF from 5/11-13 and stayed at the St. Regis for 2 nights. Upon arrival, we were quickly greeted by the staff, checked in, and got into our room.

Room: modern, upscale and comfy. love the leather walls, the panel curtains, the city view, the bathtub with a tv, the rain shower, the heavenly bed and pillows!!!

Services: housekeeping was awesome, the lady who tidied our room for both days was very efficient, polite, and attended to details. one morning we were only out for less than an hour, and when we returned, the room was already tidied up and ready for us to use, we were very impressed with the efficiency (you know how awkward it would be sometimes when you get back but housekeeping just started working on your room).

Restaurant: we dined at the restaurant - Ame for dinner one night. one of our best meals in SF! waiter was very knowledgeable and patient in recommending us the food and drinks to order. it's been 3 months and i am still thinking about the food i ate there and i always want more. make sure you pay a visit there, try the beef tartare, the steamed egg appetizer etc.

Location: pretty convenient, bus stop is around the corner, so is the subway.

this is definitely one of the best hotels i stayed in, will be back if i am in the bay area next time.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to The St. Regis San Francisco? Share your experiences!