“You get what you pay for” 4 of 5 stars

You added Park Hotel to your Saves list
Park Hotel
325 Sutter Street, San Francisco, CA 94108 (Downtown)   |
Ranked #117 of 236 Hotels in San Francisco
“You get what you pay for”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Perfect location with a nice clean bed.
The curtains don't cover the windows. We had to use the blanket the second night to block out some light. People in the alley way were loud and kept us up all night.

• Stayed August 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
Perth, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2014

We had a pleasant two night stay at this hotel. Rooms are basic but have a certain charm. Staff were very friendly. Location was excellent as a sightseeing base. Good WIFI. As we had a late flight out of San Fran the manager kindly allowed us to use the shower facilities that night despite already checking out earlier in the day. Our luggage was also stored securely during the daytime after checkout. Good value and would recommend.

Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Auckland, New Zealand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2014

Good budget style hotel but at San Francisco non-budget prices. Room was nice, clean & adequate, staff were very friendly & extremely helpful, location was great. no homeless people like some other places i read about. Walls were a bit thin i could hear neighbours somewhat but they didn't make too much noise & it was quiet come bedtime so it wasn't a problem for me.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled solo
Gunnison, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2014

This hotel’s prices are exceptional for the area, which is why I now stay here every time I have a conference in San Francisco. The hotel is actually half hostel, with some rooms without bathrooms, and general kitchens available – so there are lots of Europeans & young people – noise is not a problem. The location in Union Square is outstanding – surrounded by high end fashion stores & good restaurants – close to Bart stations. I felt safe walking around the neighborhood at night as a single female. You receive a key to enter the hotel after a certain hour. This visit, the rooms seemed to have been remodeled some – ‘wood’ floors – more clean modern décor. The room was clean and the sheets were of reasonably good quality. The shower ran hot and powerful. All this being said, this hotel is not perfect. For one, I made my reservation through Booking.com online, and was subsequently unable to reach the hotel by phone or email after repeated attempts to change the credit card so my work was billed – finally changed the card number through Booking.com but upon arrival they had no record of it. The front desk man was painfully slow and uncommunicative – after 30 minutes of searching & negotiation, they agreed to give me 24 hours to have my work email in a scanned authorization before charging my personal credit card. Irritating. Two, the internet only worked sporadically which drives me crazy. It was very difficult to put make up on because there was no light above the bathroom mirror. The elevator is truly a pain – although charming in its old fashioned way - with two very heavy doors you have to hold back in order to get on & off. My room never had a washcloth, the maid didn’t come the second day but did come by the third & fourth although I never used door signs. My room got a little stuffy – and there’s no AC - so I wanted the window open but there wasn’t a screen and I kind of worried another guest could enter my room by walking along metal railings that ran along the wall between rooms – this was me being paranoid. The bed was pretty hard but I slept fine on it. The TV has 7 odd channels but you shouldn’t be watching TV in San Fran anyway! Despite the inconveniences – other staff members were effective & nice and I would likely stay at this hotel again as long as they maintain competitive rates.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2014 via mobile

The Park Hotel definitely has a retro feel to it but it's very nice and everything was kept very clean. The elevator is a really neat, a vintage type with manual doors. All of the appliances were new, though, including the TV and minifridge. The room did seem to lack any sort of cooling system. This really wasn't much of a problem for us because the city was rather cool when we went as I imagine it is most of the time.

Copenhagen, Denmark
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2014

I stayed in this hotel 2 years ago and was very satisfied. I have therefore booked this hotel again. Got a confirmation of this booking in May. And now one week before arrival I have got an email that the room is cancelled - by me!! I have not cancelled. I have phoned them, emailed them and even send a fax yesterday. But they do not reply.
That is not an acceptable behaviour of a hotel. You can't trust them, so better find another place to stay

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
San Juan, Puerto Rico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014

So right this little hotel if all you need is a good bed and clean room. Location is all yoo perfect. I walked to the convention center, shopping mall, union square, and china town all in one day! Parking was expensive in the nearby parking garages so I need to figure that one out for next time. To get to the fishermans wharf, just a quick hop on the trolley from union station. I recommend this hotel highly.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

Been to Park Hotel? Share your experiences!