“A lovely little hotel in the middle of everything” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Park Hotel

You added Park Hotel to your Saves list
Park Hotel
1.5 of 5 Hotel   |   325 Sutter Street, San Francisco, CA 94108 (Union Square)   |
Ranked #113 of 233 Hotels in San Francisco
Rijeka, Croatia
“A lovely little hotel in the middle of everything”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

I spent my nights in many hotels and this hotel has a special place in my heart in comparison with all other hotels. Its location is fantastic, right above the Union Square and right below China Town. Their prices are very affordable. You will not get a spectacular room for this price, but their rooms are clean and cozy. The staff is professional and accommodating. This is a friendly little hotel with a location to kill for. Highly recommended for everyone.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

This hotel is very good and a very reasonable price. We had a room with a double bed, TV, Fridge and a toilet and shower. The rooms were clean and secure - more than what you need on a City break. However I don't remember there being any air conditioning, because I had the window open on the first night - FYI - we woke up in the morning with about 10 mosquitos, one of which I managed to catch in my hands (NOT a good idea, do not try and catch mosquitos that way, it gets very messy!) We then obviously slept with the windows closed, but I don't remember being uncomfortable.
The hotel staff and very nice, they give you good advice on places to visit and the easiest way to get places.
We didn't have breakfast at the hotel, but we did go to a great bakery, 2 minute walk, just down the hill.
The location of this hotel is fantastic, no matter what direction you go there will be something to see within about 5 minutes, shops, restaurants, bars, museums ect. To the most direct point to the bay, its about 15 minute walk.
We booked through a comparing website and got a good deal, so I would advise doing the same for this hotel.
All in all, it is a good value for money hotel, great location, clean and safe.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Liverpool, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014 via mobile

I stayed for 3 nights last week (end of June), as with most places in SF it didn't come cheap. It was over $330 for the stay in a room with no bathroom.

The room wasn't dirty, but it wasn't what you'd call clean either. I wouldn't walk around the room barefoot and again, the bedding wasn't dirty but it was worn and could do with replacing.

I had a room overlooking Sutter St (502), it was noisy day and night but as there was no air con or ceiling fan I had to keep the windows open.

It's in a great location, just a short walk to Union Sq. Loris diner on the corner of Sutter & Powell is great for breakfast btw.

My overall impression of the hotel was 'depressing', peeled paint, low watt light bulbs, dark corners and a long walk to the bathroom/shower room.

I wouldn't say here again, I'd definitely look somewhere else before booking, and there is no way I would bring my family here.

Any questions then get in touch.

Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
auckland new zealand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

We stayed at the Park Hotel for 2 nights on our way to Europe for a cruise. The hotel whilst nothing ffancy and old was clean and the bed was comfortable and most importantly handy to Union Square and also close enough to Fishermans Wharf where we walked early one mornign to go to Alcatraz. There is plenty of shopping places nearby as well as restaurants.
Area is fine and we did not experience any noise from our room coming from outside.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Seattle, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2014

The location of this hotel beats all other shortcomings. In my recent stay, the staff went out of their way to help in terms of information on restaurants and shopping, etc. Especially, during the day the front desk guy, Rodel, I think, was very helpful for any local assistance I needed in terms of luggage, towels and other information. Will be coming back with my family. I would recommend to others who want a low price for a great location.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
EmilyNagel, Manager at Park Hotel, responded to this review, June 23, 2014
Thank you so much for staying with us at The Park Hotel! We are so very glad that you enjoyed your stay! It was a pleasure having you here and hope to see you again next time you are in San Francisco! If there is anything we can improve on, or if you have any questions or suggestions, feel free to let us know. Again, thank you so much for staying at The Park Hotel!
Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2014

The price is unbeatable in the area, you are very close to all transportations, easy to visit the town. Very close to a BART station (5-10min walk), which is nice when you come from the airport.

When my GF and I arrived a little after midnight, the hotel doors were closed, the reception was closed even though a paper on the door said it was open til 1am. So I had to call a number so that someone would come open the door for me. That was quite inconvenient since I had to wait 25-30 min. After someone from the hotel came, I asked why it said "open til 1am" when it is already closed after midnight, and he answered "that's only on weekends" (it was a friday...)
So just be careful not to arrive too late, otherwise you'll have to wait a little bit for an employee to come and open the door for you and give you your keys.

Other than that, the room was clean, the bed was ok. Nothing fancy, no luxury but that's what we were expecting. There is a sink in the room, and the common showers and bathrooms were clean as well.
There is no air conditioning though but luckily it wasn't too hot when we were there. It might be different in the middle of the summer.

A lot of people complain about the noise, but we didn't have that issue, probably because our room didn't have a window on the street (I think we were at the back). It was still a little bit noisy but nothing unbearable.
So make sure you get a room that's not on the street, and you should be fine.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2014

Park Hotel offers various pros that can be perfect for travelers who seek for comfort , good location and want to save money (or just don't have enough :))

RODEZ, the front front desk manager is a great person who always makes sure the guests are pleased and happy with their rooms. If any problem occurs with your room or if you need help with directions, recommendations and the facilities, he will always be there for you.

When I stayed there, I really enjoyed the location. It's a 5 min walk from Union Square, and yet, it's a safe location, far enough from the notorious Civic Center area. The rooms are in good shape- TV, a small refrigerator, a desk and a table, a sink and a mirror. Closet too of course. The bed was super comfortable . If you get lucky, you'll get an amazing view.

The only thing that may bother you will the shared bathroom situation, but a private bathroom in the city will cost you a lot of money, and honestly, it isn't so bad. There are two toilets and one bathroom on each floor. They clean them every day.

I've stayed in other hotels in SF, and believe me when I say, this is worth your money. It's really hard to find a place in the city that matches its value.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo

Been to Park Hotel? Share your experiences!