“Irish Not Welcome” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Tiernan's Irish Pub and Restaurant - CLOSED

Tiernan's Irish Pub and Restaurant
685 Beach Street, San Francisco, CA 94109-1336 (Formerly TGI Friday's) (Russian Hill)
415 673 9700
Neighborhood: Russian Hill
Dublin
“Irish Not Welcome”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2008

We were a party of 3 couples travelling the United States for 3 weeks. Our 2nd last Port of call was San Francisco, after a brilliant day of sight seeing, We were all Hungry & Thirsty. We went to Tiernans Irish Pub. Our Server was Stephen from Cork who was excellent as was the food & drink. What was not acceptable after spending $400+& keeping the karoke going for the evening was the treatment we received from the so called Owner/Manageress. After using verbal &abusive language towards us, she then informed us that we were nothing but cheap Irish trash who flip burgers for a living and she wanted us out of her Pub immediately. We were 6 responsible adults who had saved hard for this holiday, we still feel that the abuse was uncalled for. Upon leaving the pub/restaurant I felt I had to apoligise to a family of 4 who had to listen to the tirade of abuse that was levelled at us by the so called Owner/Manageress. After a great day &evening it was totally destroyed by this person. IF YOUR IRISH DONT GO INTO THIS PARLOUR BECAUSE THERE IS NO WELCOME THERE FOR YOU OR YOUR FRIENDS

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“My favorite Guinness place in SF.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2007

My favorite Guinness place in SF.

boston, ma
“A wonderful find”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2006

I have just returned from Hawaii with a stop over in San Francisco. After a ride on a cable car, myself, my husband and 4 friends spied the Irish pub and we decided to stop for a cold one in Tiernan's. We had the most delicious lunch; wonderful, thick and creamy clam chowder. Others had meatloaf, lamb stew and chicken pot pie. All were piping hot and scrumptious. Ironically, we found out, the original Tiernans was in Boston.