“St. Paddy's Day Eve” 3 of 5 stars
Review of The Irish Bank

The Irish Bank
10 Mark Lane, San Francisco, CA 94108-3703 (Downtown)
415-788-7152
Neighborhood: Downtown
Murrieta, California
“St. Paddy's Day Eve”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

The location and service was good. The bouncer was funny but looked like he could take care of trouble if he needed to. The food was average. The beer was cold. It was close to our hotel and inexpensive. I would go there again.

Visited March 2013

70% Recommend
Centerton, Arkansas
“Great ambiance!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

I thoroughly enjoyed this bar. I wish I could remember the bar tender's name. He was great! I ordered a Shandy and he asked my preference for beer used. That absolutely hit the spot for me. Everybody seemed to enjoy their selves. I know I did. Had left a phone, so had to walk back to the bar. When got back, notice the bar tender, from another Irish bar, eating dinner here. I didn't much care for the bar, that he served at, even though more people were at that one, than the Irish bank. Their loss, because the Irish Bank is simply better!

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Northeast
“Irish Bar Perfection”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Coming from Boston, we started immediately searching for the best Irish pub in SF. So far, the award goes to the Irish Bank. Wonderful atmosphere, both indoor/outdoor seating, food and drinks above par. The Irish Bank is a place where you can (and want to) become a regular. Hands down, best Irish bar I have found thus far in the Bay area.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Brisbane, Australia
“Our local pub while in San Fran”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013 via mobile

We stumbled in on our rainy first day in San Fran of a 2 week trip. Felt nice & welcoming straight away - great staff & good pub grub for a couple of Aussies away from home for Xmas & New Year. Let's just say we visited & few more times and were looked after every time!! Thanks Connor, Mark & eveyone else!!

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Victoria, British Columbia
“Authentic and Legit Irish Bar w/Fantastic Shepherds pie and Surly Service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012

Fantastic ambiance and location down a little back alley with the best collection of Irish pictures on the walls inside and out that I've ever seen! The building is classic old school brick and mortar and appears to be over 100 years old. Probably the closest to an authentic Irish Pub you will see outside of Ireland. Excellent beer selection along with dry cider, which is very hard to find in the States. The Shepherds pie is outstanding and easily the best I've ever had other than homemade. We liked it so much, we visited 3 times during our 4 day stay. Only minor quibbles are that the service is a little on the slow side, not friendly and on a couple of occasions was a little surly and contemptuous. If they improved on this, I would give it 5 stars.

Visited November 2012