“Eat, run and get yelled out” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Mocca On Maiden Lane

Mocca On Maiden Lane
175 Maiden Ln, San Francisco, CA 94108-5301 (Downtown)
415-956-1188
Improve this listing
Ranked #773 of 5,012 Restaurants in San Francisco
Cuisines: Italian, Seafood, Café, Sandwiches
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Neighborhood: Downtown
Sausalito
“Eat, run and get yelled out”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2007

The food was and is very good. Expensive, but good. I do not have a problem spending $50.00 for 2 sandwiches, a cheesecake and 2 beverages if the experience and the food is worth it. I brought a client for lunch we ate our sandwiches, our dessert and drank our coffee. We were there 1 and a half hours and just finishing up when the owner came to our table and told us we had been there way too long, this was not a place of business and we need to leave. He was shouting. Shocked we were as well as the tables next to us. There were empty tables inside and outside to accommodate the few people in line getting their food. I asked to speak with the owner and the same man who yelled at me said he was the owner. I mentioned I was finishing up my coffee, dessert and sandwiches. I also mentioned I spent $50.00 and he shouted even more. He told me to get out, he didn't care how much I spent and I was to leave and never come back. So, if you want to pay expensive prices a be treated in a fast food, to go like atmosphere, Mocca is a place for you. Just remember, make sure you don't chew there is no time. Lunches are limited to less than 1 hour.

Long Beach
“favorite lunchtime near Union Square”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2005

This is exactly the right kind of place for a quick but satisfying lunch stop during a shopping spree. It's on Maiden Lane, just down from Nieman-Marcus. Great Italian deli-style, including seafood salads, vegetable antipasti, sandwiches. Just be ready to order when it's your turn, or you'll have to step aside. It's open on weekends for lunch.

Ridgewood, New Jersey
“Nice treat in the middle of the hustle and bustle of Union Square”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2005

Tucked into a small laneway (Maiden Lane) where cars cannot travel, Mocca offers weary shoppers terrific sandwiches (tipped beef was moist and VERY tasty - seemed to be "the" choice) and many fabulous salads. Mocca is clearly a favorite of the local business crowd as well as those "doing lunch" in between boutique shopping. If you want something quicker than a real sit down meal but don't want to compromise on taste or quality then Mocca is a great little find.

A TripAdvisor Member
“loved it for a quick bite”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2005

Fantastic lattes, wonderful fresh salads, pastas, pastries, fresh fruit, veggies. This is a deli style restaurant. They serve quickly and will have you in and out with your food, the employees do not mess around. The little alley that you eat in is like many of the lunches that I had through Europe. There was a small art fair in the alley and an opera singer at one end. Give it a try when you want to sit outside for a quick lunch. Don't expect the employees to stand and talk to you; they are quick and to the point. Your enjoyment comes from the atmosphere outside and the wonderful food.