“Quaint cafe' awaiting at the bottom of Twin Peaks” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #2,912 of 4,525 Restaurants in San Francisco
“Quaint cafe' awaiting at the bottom of Twin Peaks”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2011

While in San Francisco for personal reasons recently a family friend took my husband and I site seeing in the early morning. One of the places he took us was atop the Twin Peaks to overlook the city. One our way back down he asked if we would like some breakfast. Being four months pregnant with twins, I was more than happy to take him up on his offer! He took us to the Squat & Gobble at the bottom of Twin Peaks and what a delightful surprise it was! Their menu was huge and the only probably I had with it was that it made it basically impossible to pick just one! So I didn't... I picked two breakfasts :) I had the oatmeal/granola pancakes topped with apples and cinnamon. I also had eggs and toast just in case :) The orange juice I had was freshly squeeze and perfect with my meal!

The three of us ate and ate and talked and had a lovely time! The staff was amazingly friendly and very attentive! With such an attractive and unique menu, wonderful service, great prices and cool atmosphere, I was suprised we could get into the place!

Highly, highly, highly recommend this to anyone! You won't be disappointed!

• Visited January 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Santa Cruz, California
“Breakfeast with fresh squeezed O.J., Mimosa's and of course..the CREPES!! Yummy!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2009

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Crabcakes!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2009

Crabcakes!

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“This restaurant offers excellent choices in crepes. Curry chicken! Meals can be easily shared. The West Portal area is...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2008

This restaurant offers excellent choices in crepes. Curry chicken! Meals can be easily shared. The West Portal area is a fun place to go walking and browsing in the little shops, which includes an independent music store and at least two ice cream stores.

Bay Area
“West Portal neighborhood”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2008

The West Portal/Forest Hill neighborhoods in San Francisco are fun for a little walks (some uphill). The Squat & Gobble chain is a fun place to find an inexpensive, but delicious, meal ranging from crepes to salad to sandwiches. My wife and I had a shrimp and chorizo quesidilla and then had a berry nutella crepe for dessert. Yummy.
These are casual neighborhood dining places and interesting people frequent them. The service is very good and the variety of menu items is very expansive.
With a name like Squat & Gobble, what more could you want?
Website: www.squatandgobble.com