“Fantastic all round!” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
London, England, United Kingdom
“Fantastic all round!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

Had a Deluxe Water Front Room. The hotel was so calm, restaurant easy with great drinks, room a dream with excellent view. Free wifi was a bit slow but was free at least. Used the YMCA access which was just across the road and was a full gym. Great location with access to Muni and BART for airport just around corner. Really couldn't ask for more!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
HotelVitaleGM, General Manager at Hotel Vitale, a Joie de Vivre hotel, responded to this review, April 5, 2013
Justjoe4:
Thank you for your kind review, I am glad that you found your stay relaxing and the Hotel Vitale team looks forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to San Francisco.

Melony Williams

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (229)
Roseville, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

I had the opportunity of enjoying one of the suites in the this hotel that overlooked the bay and bay bridge. One of the nicest rooms I have stayed in. This room was located on the corner of the hotel and the windows were 180 degrees. There was a huge bathtub that could be enjoyed while looking out in the bay and in the large bathroom was a giant walkin shower. Everything about the room was perfect.

The reason I dropped it to 4 stars is because we arrived to SF a little early and the room wasn't ready yet. No problem....plenty of places to walk and relax while waiting. When my girlfriend and I were on the walk I received a call from the hotel stating the misquoted the cost of the room and it was actually $50 more than what I was originally going to be charged. I thought that was a little odd and somewhat unprofessional.

Still a great room and great location!

Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
KevinJM115:
Thank you for your review, I am so glad you enjoyed your suite, they do have the best views of the water and Bay Bridge. On your next visit, you will be able to enjoy the new Bay Lights installation—it is a dramatic addition to our nighttime views. Alternatively, I am disappointed to hear that your check-in process did not go smoothly, please contact me directly to discuss further.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

A lovely stay at this hotel in SFO. Stayed on the recommendation of a local for both biz and pleasure. The business portion was booked into one of their interior facing rooms, and it was just great for what I needed - spacious, clean and a good wifi connection. For the last 2 nights of my 4 nights I upgraded to a deluxe waterfront room and it was just what was offered up on the website! A super nice room with a sitting area and a great view of the Ferry Terminal, the Bay Bridge and the activity on the Embarcadero.
Staff was amazing and helpful. The Americano restaurant was very good and I ate their lovely pizza's twice.
One of the best things the Vitale has going for it is location - near the Ferry Terminal, downtown, public transport etc. This place cannot be beaten - especially on a Saturday morning when you head over to the farmer's market at the Ferry Terminal (this is one of the best such markets I have ever been to) grab a coffee, people watch and then order a porchetta sandwich to take back to your room and people watch some more - a great SFO experience.

Room Tip: Deluxe waterfront 3rd floor or higher. Or if in a standard room ask for 447 or highter.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
YYZpax:
I am so glad you decided to extend your stay after your business trip; it is definitely a different feeling when you are not working and have time to relax and enjoy your room. Americano’s pizzas are an excellent choice—they are actually one of our top sellers—and for a good reason! We get many of the fresh ingredients for our pizzas and other dishes from the Ferry Building and farmer’s market that you experienced. Thank you for taking the time to review Hotel Vitale and I will be sure to pass your kind words along to the rest of the team.

Tampa, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

We chose this hotel very last minute and were able to get a room through an app on my iphon. Upon check in we decided to upgrade so we could have a view of the Bay Bridge and Bay. Great location and right across the street is The Boulevard restaurant, voted number one restaurhis year in the United States. We were also able to get a last minute table at the restaurant (very lucky). The Concierge discouraged us from trying to get a table, stating that they are sold out months in advance. However, we decided to walk over and give it a try. We were able to get a perfect corner table! The rooms in the hotel were very spacious, clean, comfortable, and relaxing. Would love to go back to this beautiful hotel as well.

Room Tip: A room with a view is absolutely breathtaking at night.....very romantic.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Shelly L:
What last-minute luck you have! A stay with us at the Vitale and a table at Boulevard without advance reservations for either is very fortunate indeed. I am glad you enjoyed your room, thank you for such kind words regarding your stay; we look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to the West Coast.

Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

My husband and I just spent one night at this lovely hotel on our way home to Boston. We booked a superior king room with partial water view. -- room 720. Wonderful room, beautiful contemporary decor and magnificent view of the water and the Bay Bridge which has a special light show every night. Staff were welcoming and helpful. This hotel is at the corner of Embarcadero and Mission, just across the street from the Ferry building where a trip over and back to Sausalito is really a beautiful way to see the city and Golden Gate bridge from the water. Also just across from the Market Place building which has very nice wine bars, restaurants, coffee shops, olive oil shops, pottery etc! And the Restaurant Boulevard across Mission Street was special. We went without reservation and ate at the bar overlooking the food prep area. Food wasbfabulous and our seating was entertaining. We have stayed in Union Square area in the past. Never again! Hotel Vitale will see us again.

Room Tip: Take the middle category of room, Superior King with partial water views. Worth the additional pric...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
donnaso:
The rooms with views of the Bay Bridge are some of my favorites; especially now that the Bay Lights are on every evening—you will never see the same pattern twice! I am glad that you enjoyed the Ferry Building—it is so close that Americano gets most of its fresh ingredients from the vendors. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013 via mobile

Room was large, with a nice chaise lounge and an incredible view of the Bay Bridge. Location is awesome! Close to Ferry Building, street cars, lots of trendy restaurants. Staff was superb! Top notch hotel! Highly recommend. Room service food was mediocre...

Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
airgirl6:
We are fortunate to be in such a beautiful area of the city, and I am happy to be able to share the experience with our guests. I will pass along your kind words to the rest of the team. The Americano and room service menus are constantly evolving, so please give us another chance to impress you next time you visit.

Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Four times my husband and I have enjoyed the amenities of Vitale and all four visits have been exceptional. Our stay is usually a week, every two years. The positives were the service crew, the Amys, day and night service, were beyond fabulous. The hotel and six-block square lost power our second night, and the night-service Amy stood in the hall allaying our fears and explaining what happened, so my husband and I sat on a banquette by our window with views up the Embarcadero and the Ferry Building and down to the Bay Bridge, watched the police direct traffic through busy intersections without stoplights and one by one, the blocks lit up. Fun! But my high point hotelwise was the spa, where I received a thorough facial and neck massage by a remarkable young lady whose name, unfortunately, I can't remember - probably because it was so relaxing. One thing, though, when you check in, make sure the room you're assigned meets your expectations. You can somewhat easily change rooms, which we've done twice. I wish they would have just given us what we had asked for several months prior when we made reservations, which was the view of the Ferry Building and Bay Bridge that we finally received, I still give an excellent rating because despite the front desk room control issues, it is a wonderful hotel.

Room Tip: View: Check hotel website fir 360 views of rooms Level: Higher is better - cuts the noise Avoid...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
MissLaura:
How wonderful to hear from such a loyal guest and thank you for choosing us as your SF “home away from home”. We appreciate your being so understanding during the power outage, which was quite an exciting day. I am glad you visited the spa, it is the embodiment of Vitale’s “Luxury, naturally” philosophy and is an excellent way to relax into your stay with us. We look forward to your visit in 2015.

Melony Williams

Been to Hotel Vitale, a Joie de Vivre hotel? Share your experiences!